TB15R Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/05/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Ibanez: TB15R
15 watt guitar amp with reverb. 8" "POWER JAM JR" speaker. Active 3-band EQ. Clean and overdrive channels. Headphone out. CD input. Closed-back cabinet design.
 8.2
 9.8
 6.6
reviews (2) 9 comments vote for this gear:
TB15R Reviewed by: hololos, on march 19, 2004

Features: I'm not quite sure when this amp was made, but it was made in China. The amp is good for a basic practice amp, it's small but it's pretty powerful. It has two channels, Overdrive and Clean, with Gain, Volume, Reverb, Bass, Middle, and Treble knobs. It also houses 1 Headphone Jack and a CD Input. It has Active 3-Band EQ,and an 8" "Power Jam" speaker and closed back cabinet design. The basic things. It's a great amp for the price, and it isn't too heavy either, very ductile. The tone knobs are easy to use, and the display and etc are very very clear. // 10

Sound: I'm using an Ibanez RG350 (H-S-H) with it, and it just sounds awesome. I play alot of Rock, Grunge, Punk Rock, Metal and Gothic type music, and the amp copes up great with my style. But I could say that this amp would be great for any style. There's one slight problem with the amp, when the Gain and Gain Volume is put up over 7-8, it starts to get some major feedback. But when the Volume is turned down, it's a great guitar. I adopt a Thick, Creamy setting for the songs I usually play. The clean channel is very clear, but you might want to turn down the bass a little, because I usually end up wiht a low-deep sharp tone. The distortion on this thing is malicious, a small, but gets massive killer-tone distortion. But I use a Boss DS-1 Pedal with it so, I use the built-in distortion only once in a while. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The amp is pretty durable so far, I've had it for 6-7 months, but I haven't moved the amp at all, it's situated at the same place, every damn day. The amp has never broke down, although when used with crap cables, it may go slighty fuzzy. I won't take this to a gig, since it's too small. // 10

Overall Impression: For the style of music I play, it's a perfect match. I have been playing gutiar for a 1 1/2 years around, I'm only 12, so this amp works for me. I also run a Boss DS-1 in it, (my first effect) and it sounds wiced. If this amp was lost, I might buy it again since it's such a low price, or maybe I would go for a Marshall or a Crate amp. I love the versatility of the amp, nothing much I really hate apart from the feedback and taht the amp looks kinda plain, and bare. My favourite feature would definitely be the Distortion, sicne it's like the only effect in the amp. I compared the amp with a Fender Frontman 15, and a Marshall MG10CD, but this really wins. I really really wished it had some more effects, ie. More Distortions like the Roland D-Cube, or something like Delay. Just more effects. Overall, this amp is a great begginner amp, and makes a decent practice amp, for it's price range. // 10

TB15R Reviewed by: fist, on july 05, 2006

Purchased from: Hermes Music, Mcallen, TX

Features: This amp is perfect for practicing it has the basic things and it's not that heavy. This amp has only 2 channels Overdrive and Clean, the overdrive channel has a volume knob and a gain knob, the clean channel has only a volume, plus a middle, treble, bass, and reverb knobs. It also has 3 1/4" jacks on it, one for your guitar, one for jamming along with music, and other one for playing silently with headphones so neighbours don't go nuts and go to your house asking you to turn your amop off (thing that has happened to me various times). This amp also has this 8" jam speaker instead of normal 7" or 6" speaker, and the design is a closed back cabinet. // 10

Sound: My setup is a Ibanez GIO b/w with a DigiTech Death Metal distortion pedal, the sound pretty good cause you can get a lot of different sounds from it(not that is the Line 6 POD but anyway), the only bad thing I have found from this amp is that if you turn the treble, gain and volume knob to 10 you can get some serious feedback, but for me that's ok cause I mostly play metal and heavy rock so it's good for me but maybe bad for you. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I buyed this amp from a cousin for 40 bucks and he had it for almost 4 years then I have had it for 1 and 6 months maybe so it has lasted a lot so I think this is very durable amp. // 10

Overall Impression: When I saw this amp I thought that it would be a great begginers amp so I decided buying it and I haven't regret it so far, and it has really helped me a lot since I started. And sorry for putting this on the wrong place. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR28FE 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/22/2014