TB25 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/24/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
It has 2 channels: overdrive and clean. You can adjust the sound by changing the amount of bass, middle and treble. It's very powerfull, raw if needed, but also very versatile. For playing pop, rock and metal is this amp a good match.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 6.7
 8.7
 4.6
reviews (2) user comments vote for this gear:
TB25 Reviewed by: Yongyot, on november 24, 2005

Purchased from: Mattsons Musik Skövde

Sound: Compared to other cheap amps, this one does actually have a surprizingly nice, bright tone on the clean channel. I have tried the sound of others in the same price, but they sounded much more empty, this one was more dynamic and warm. The distorted channel has a little too much treble in its character, but if you want Randall'ish sound, you could always just turn down the mid knob and your very close. When I used this amp I had a J&D Brothers guitar with P-90 (soapbar) pickups, so it was great in combination with the clean channel. On distortion, it sounds okay, but the character sounds veeery electronic, but still not so bad! // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well, I don't really have the economy for backup-stuff, but the thought of using it without a backup amp is totally cool. If something went wrong with it without a reason, I think it just would be coincidence. It never has broken down! But it isn't to durable, but which amp is made of steel? Once, a cymbal fell down on it and it left a cut in the wood, but it didn't affect the electronics or the sound, so its just the same amp, only with another scratch. // 9

Overall Impression: This is not a typicall beginners amp, it's better. Comparing it to other beginners gear, this one has a more balanced distortion channel, and an admireable clean sound. I play Emocore, and it wasnt to good for that kind of music, it fits punk thoguh (music with distorted powerchords). I would prefer the treble sweep being placed a little lower in frequency, cuz this amp has a little too much treble. I also own a Roland-something amp, with 100 watts and digital effects. This one has a less present mid-range and a balanced treble frequency, that fits my style really good! If this amp was stolen, I probably wouldn't get a new one, not that its not good or anything like that, just that its not my main amp anymore. Well, as said before, the best thing bout this amp is the clean channel, period! // 8

TB25 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 22, 2004

Features: My amp, the TB25, which is not the R (everb) was made in 2000 or 2001. I have it now for a around 4 years, and even after played on much better amps, I still like this Ibanez amp. It has 2 channels: overdrive and clean. You can adjust the sound by changing the amount of bass, middle and treble. I use the TB25 at home, and 3 times for playing/practise with my band. It has enough power for practising, for gigging would I recommend a more powerfull amp. But for beginners it's a very nice amp. I played on several Fenders and Marshalls with the same price of the Ibanez, but in my opinion has the TB25 a warmer and richer sound than those two. I give it a 4. // 8

Sound: 3 years long did I use it with a Ibanez GSA60 guitar, but since a month or 2 do I now have a Epiphone Gothic Explorer. I absolutely love the clean channel of the amp. Very powerfull, raw if needed, but also very versatile. I mainly play heavy metal (Black Sabbath, Metallica etc) and while playing clean songs, it sure sounds very well. Both guitars do by the way. But then the overdrive. It sure isn't my favorite. If you turn the gain a bit high (5 and higher) does it sound very sharp and not that "overdriven." And when you don't play guitar, a high "beep" sound turns up. So for real distortion would I recommend a effectpedal like one of Boss (a DS1/2 Overdrive or a MT2 Metalzone). What doesn't say that the overdrive is nuts. It can be very powerfull but it doesn't sound that like you want too. But overal is the sound not bad at all. Again a 4. // 8

Reliability & Durability: In the nearly 4 years that I use this amp, did it never had any problems or failures. It has never broke down, the TB25 is really a nice reliable amp. I sometimes (when it's possible) play on nearly or full power, and you just get the sound you want. I never have any trouble with it. I play up to 2-3 hours a day and it never let me down. For gigging no thanks I would take a more powerfull amp. But I don't expect that people buy this amp for gigging so I give it a 5! Excellent reliability/durability! // 10

Overall Impression: For playing pop, rock and metal is this amp a damn good match. I prefer the TB25 above a Fender/Marshall amps I tried. It's warm, crunchy, creamy, powerful and really versatile. The sound the amp makes is very satisfying, the clean channel is really good for a amp this price. For overdrive/distortion: buy a nice effectpedal. But for the rest: great amp. Spend 150 euro (or less) and you get a very nice amplifier. And with spending 200 euro's more for a Ibanez guitar do you have a great set to start with! Overall, a well deserved 5! // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014