BlueLine 50R Review

manufacturer: Johnson date: 12/26/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Johnson: BlueLine 50R
It features dual individual overdrive and clean channel 3-band equalizers. These amps have spring reverb, built in footswitch, effects send/return, and high/low input jacks.
 9.5
 9.3
 9.6
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
BlueLine 50R Reviewed by: SKarbu, on december 26, 2006

Purchased from: Musicum

Features: Made in 2005, this amp is a very versatile amp if you wanna play blues. Works fine for metal too. It's a solid state, it has 2 channel one is clean and one overdrive, it has effect loop, no headphone jack and it also has line put. Reverb with presence to add more variety to the reverb, I wish it had a headphone jack because this 50 W amp sound like a 75 W amp! I live in a block of flats and sincerely I can't play over 1 at the volume. // 9

Sound: I sincerely give it a 8 for metal type sound and 9 for blues. This would be the ultimate choice in price range for a great solid state amp. The distortid channel has a knd of Nirvana sound to it, and the clean is clean as it can get. The tone is very good, nice thick distortion, if played over 2 at volume. I own a Squier Stratocaster, and yes it is noisy if I play only on singles, put when playing on 2 it's not noisy at all so it's good if you have a guitar with humbuckers, but a good hush will be just fine if you own one. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I totaly rely on it because it is my only amp, and it is great. I don't think this amp will soon break down. It is too good and well built. Also it has a very Vintage look and I can see that the wood is very thick, a plus in my belief that it won't get trashed. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm a beginner but I know a good tone when I hear one, and this amp has nice tone, I wouldn't have bought it if it was crappy.I recommend again a hush for all you single pickup owners. I'm planning to make my Squier HSH in January so I won't have any problems. // 10

More Johnson reviews rating category latest review
+ P Bass 6.9 Bass Guitars 07/04/2014