Marquis JM120 Review

manufacturer: Johnson date: 06/21/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Johnson: Marquis JM120
With 3 effects at once, stereo effects loops and a headphone out which doubles as speaker compensated direct outs, the Marquis JM120 is bound to make an impression.
 9.9
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Marquis JM120 Reviewed by: creepingdeth05, on june 21, 2004

Features: I just purchased this amp, and I knew I had to review it, it rocks! This amp is everything you will ever need, it is a studio amp, and is compatible with a J8 or a J3 pedal board (I have the j8). You may choose from Marshall amps, Mesa Boogie, Ampeg, Fender, and other british and American amps, plus the Johnson settings. It is a 2x12 120 watt combo amp that is definetly gig worthy. // 10

Sound: I use an ESP Explorer and a Strat. It suites my music style very well, since I play mainly heavy metal, but there is enough settings on it where you can play anything from blues to heavy death metal. The Johnson metal setting is awesome! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is very dependable, I would bring it to a gig definetly, but I always carry a back up amp just in case. This amp has not given me any troubles yet, but I have only had it for about 2 weeks, but I dont see anything that would happen. // 10

Overall Impression: Like i said earlier, I play mainly metal, but this amp will do it all. I have been playing for 2 years, and this amp is definetly going to stay with me. This amp is kind of rare because of the high price and quality, but these are the best. It is rated higher than most Marhalls. I love how many different settings you can have on it, with the J8, you can have 27 preset channels (9 banks total). This amp is very high quality and reccomend it to everyone, I was checking into Marshalls, but I am glad I saw this first, because I can get Marshall, Ampeg, Fender, Mesa Boogie, Randall, and many other amp settings! Can't beat this amp! // 10

More Johnson reviews rating category latest review
+ P Bass 6.9 Bass Guitars 07/04/2014