Power 10 Review

manufacturer: Johnson date: 11/08/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Johnson: Power 10
10 Watt RMS, 2 Band Equalizer: Treble Bass, Aux in, Head phone socket, Overdrive/Clean button.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Features: 8.5
 8.9
 8.8
reviews (2) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Power 10 Reviewed by: EddieOwen, on july 13, 2010

Price paid: £ 49.99

Purchased from: MDM

Features: 10 Watt RMS, 2 Band Equalizer: Treble Bass, Aux in, Head phone socket, Overdrive/Clean button, This amp is very good for the style I play, I play metal and it has a very nice Overdrive Capabilities, I use this amp at home, as a practice amp. It's very light and tidy as you can tuck the wires in the open back. // 8

Sound: I'm using it with a Washburn WI200 and a Boss Superchorus pedal and it sounds like a dream, It has a very nice sound coming out of it, it can be very loud without fuzzing up like other amps. The distortion is very brutal, very brutal indeed. It's like walking into hell and screaming while shredding on some riffs. Yes, that brutal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I just wouldn't have the courage, it's just not loud enough, 10 watts wont do me well at a gig. It has never broken down, and I see no reason for it to, I keep it in good condition, it's a *very* hardy amp. I can only depend on it for a practice amp, that's what I bought it for, and that's what I'll use it for. // 7

Overall Impression: I love playing metal and this is a perfect match, although it's not as loud as I'd like the sound is very good when headphones are in. I've been playing 8 years and I own numerous amounts of other equipment but this is the best amp I've got as a practice amp. If it were stolen/lost I'd buy it again, it's a very good amp. I love the simplicity of it and how it still sounds great. I just wish it were louder. Trust me, you should get this amp. // 8

Power 10 Reviewed by: Nirvanafan60, on november 08, 2010

Features: This amp is one of my favourites ever made you can take it anywhere it is so small but it produces a real gutsy sound and keeps up with the big amps some of the other bands use. It has a bass, treble and a volume knob it also has a clean/overdrive button. I wish it had a gain knob on it but it is pretty much fine as it is. I use this amp in all my gigs and it can be my main amp if I need to but no matter what it is always blasting. He has good room at the back to store a lead and the power cord. It has a headphone jack and the power cord is a good length. // 9

Sound: It can suit blues to heavy metal to old school rock. It suits my heavy metal/hard rock style perfectly because it has a good choice of sound when you change settings. It can get very loud, in open venues it still sustains a reasonable sound level. When both bass and treble are up past five the volume increase as you turn them both up the higher you go the more sound difference. The amp has wide variety of sounds you can play some wicked blues style music and some heavily distorted Nirvana style music. When it says clean it means literally clean it doesn't get distorted, in overdrive it gets distorted when the volume gets higher, I get a big distortion level at bass 2 treble 7. The distortion can get really brutal and a bit over distorted at times. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is one of the toughest little amps I have ever seen it is very durable and it never gets a malfunction I have had it for a year and it has had no malfunctions what so ever and my uncle who I got it off says he hasn't had any problems with it. I always use it in a gig because it catches up with the big amps and it is used as one of my mains because it is that good. It has been treated perfectly. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal/hard rock and it is a good match. I have been playing for two years and I have owned 3 amps before this is still my favourite. If it were stolen or lost I would definitely try and replace it because it is an awesome amp. I love it because it was my first and its reliability and durability there is nothing I hate about it except it's lack of knobs but it makes up for it in sound. My favourite feature is the great distortion control you get from it. It works good with pedals which is good because I plan on getting more of them. This better than any other amp of its kind and size. I wish it had a gain knob. Overall this is the perfect little amp for people constantly traveling and can be a main amp if you need it to be. // 10

More Johnson reviews rating category latest review
+ P Bass 6.9 Bass Guitars 07/04/2014