Dart 10FX Review

manufacturer: Kustom date: 02/07/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Kustom: Dart 10FX
The Dart 10FX offer an all-new look for Kustom guitar practice amps, featuring diecast logos, jet-black grill cloth, white piping and stylish control panel layouts. The DART 10FX combines 10 watts of power with a two-channel (Clean/Lead) design; a 3-Band EQ and a digital effect that toggles between Reverb and Delay selections.
 9.2
 9.7
 8.7
reviews (2) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Dart 10FX Reviewed by: 742627000017, on august 23, 2007

Features: Kustom Dart 10FX is a great practice amp for everyone, it doesnt't matter if your just some John Smith or John Frusciante, it fits for everything to everyone. Mine amplifier is build in 2004. The amp is very versatile, it can go from funk rock, to alternative metal, to grunge and even to blues. It has two chanels: clean (which produces a clean sound) and Lead (which produces overdrive). The amplifier has two built in efects: reverb (very useful) and delay (not so useful). It also has a headphone jack but I don't use it cause it ruins the distortions sound. I use this amp in my room and it's loud as s--t even though it has only 10 wats. All in all a very great practice amplifier. // 10

Sound: I use my Slammer DA-21 H/S/S with this amp and it can produce everything. I can play RHCP, Nirvana, Slipknot, Jimi Hendrix, HIM, Metallica and so on. The amp isnt noisy. It can make a very clean and rythmic sound, it also can make a very bright blusey sound, and with right distortion it can make a very metaly and heavy sound. I don't use the distortion from the amp because I have my Boss DS-1, but I use it a bit so it can sound like Jimi Hendrix'es and RHCP overdrive. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't gig with it because it's just a practise amp, but I'm sure it can last for like 20 years. It's covered in leather and it's very hard to break. The knobs are made from metal. But it's prety heavy so carying around isnt the most satisfyng thing to do. I'm sure it will gona produce me the most beautiful sounds till death separates us. // 10

Overall Impression: I play: funk rock, grunge, alternative metal and blues and they all sound great with this amplifier. I'm playng for 6 years I own Slammer DA-21 and Boss DS-1 I'm also going to buy Korg AX 1500 or smth else so after some time playng with this amp will be even more satisfing. It has everything I want.I compared it to Laney lx20 Marshall MG15CD and Yamaha GA-10 and the Kustom sounds beter than all them combined. I'm very happy that I bought this one. I think everyone that needs just a simple practice amp should buy Kustom Dart 10FX. // 10

Dart 10FX Reviewed by: matthewchj, on february 07, 2008

Features: Wonderful amp. No idea when it was made. Two channels, lead (distortion: gain) and clean. Three channel EQ, low, mid and high. Built in FX, reverb and delay. However, you can olny use one or the other, not both at the same time. But that isn't much of a problem because I only use the reverb. The control knobs are at the top of the amp, which makes it convenient to adjust when I'm sitting in a chair. The only negative point of the control arrangement is that the on/off Switch is behind and under the amp "head", which means you have to reach in from the back of the speaker enclosure to turn the amp on. // 8

Sound: This amp is really loud! When playing with distortion (which I will talk more about later) I have to put the volume Switch on my guitar down almost all the way. I use an SX strat with three single coil pickups. My guitar isn't really suited for the kind of music I play, though, which is mainly metal and rock. The amp sounds awesome, however. The only thing I dislike is that the distortion is really noisy, and a bit too rough. Right now I'm thinking of buying a pedal, I'll probably be getting the Boss OD-3 OverDrive pedal. The clean channel is really clean. I can't naturally overdrive it unless I max out the volume both on the guitar and amp, but even then it's only a very light overdrive. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I don't play gigs, but even if I did the only reason I wouldn't use it is that it might be a bit too soft to be heard in an auditorium. But if I was just playing in a room with some friends I'd probably use it. It's really solid. Feels like really solid plastic, and it's covered in leather, so it look quite cool. Decals are made of metal, the knobs are plastic with a metal coating, but they look pretty tough. They're pretty darn shiny, too. I've only had this amp for about a month and a half, but I don't think it's gonna break down on me anytime soon. // 10

Overall Impression: It's awesome and I love it, although I wish I had tried out the distortion on some other amps before buying this, as although I'm happy with this one, I'm not completely satisfied. Overall, it looks cool, is really tough and sounds nice. If I lost it I'd probably buy it again, or maybe get another bigger amp, like maybe the Kustom Arrow 16. // 10

More Kustom reviews rating category latest review
+ HV100THD 8.4 Guitar Amplifiers 08/21/2014