Dual 30 RC Review

manufacturer: Kustom date: 05/08/2009 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Kustom: Dual 30 RC
This amp is really good for clean, blues, and some rock. It is definetly loud for 30 watts.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.6
 Features: 8.8
 9.2
 9.3
 9.1
reviews (5) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Dual 30 RC Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 26, 2005

Features: This amp is really good for clean, blues, and some rock. I recently got a Boss Blues Driver pedal for better distortion and when I switch back to the built in distortion I get a faded tone and feedback. If you don't have a pedal it seems okay. This amp has a lead (distortion) and a rhythm (clean) channel. It comes with reverb and chorus, both work great. If you want more effects there is a DFX version of this amp. The headphone jack comes in handy when my parents start complaining. I use this amp for practice, I've only been playing about a year now. It is definetly loud for 30 watts. If you need more features upgrade to the DFX, these effects work fine for me. // 8

Sound: I use an Ibanez Artcore AS73 and just upgraded the pickups to a SD Jazz neck and a SD JB bridge. Overall even before the pickup swap, great guitar. This can do anything from Lenny Kravitz sounds to B.B. King and everything in between besides metal. This amp isn't really noisy and it hates bieng outside in any weather. The sounds get all funky and out of tune. I've never had to push this amp more than 1/2 way but it doesn't get distorted from there. The distortion is nice but nothing heavy. I play stuff like Eric Clapton to The Darkness. // 8

Reliability & Durability: If I had a gig outside I'd definetly need a different amp, nothing has gone wrong with the amp and I've had it 6 months today (7/25/05). It's reliable. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is good for everything but metal and you can't go wrong for 150 bucks. // 10

Dual 30 RC Reviewed by: Guitar4life0000, on april 15, 2006

Features: This amp is great for any type of music you play. The 3 band equalizer (low, mid, high), help you determine any sound you want to make. If you play metal/rock, the distortion may be a little to noisy for you, so I'd recommend either a distortion stompbox or noise reduction stompbox if this happens to you. This amp has two channals (distortion and clean) and two types of presets (USA and UK). Very loud and clean sounds amazing with a good equilizer. // 7

Sound: I used many guitars on this amp and they all give the same sound out, so it doesn't really matter what guitar you're using on this amp. The amp will start giving a thumping noise if you turn the distortion up too loud. The distortion is kind of brutal. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp is pretty reliable. I've used this in 3 gigs without a backup and it still works great. The amp has never broken down. This amp is very sturdy, yet quite heavy for it's size. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal/rock and this amp sounds great with other distortion/effects plugged into it. I own the GNX3 and use that but I've also used seperate distortion boxes and it still brings that heavy sound every time I play. The only thing I don't like on this amp is the distortion is a little noisy. Besides that, I would definatly recommend this amp to anyone. // 9

Dual 30 RC Reviewed by: Metallica12_12, on august 21, 2006

Purchased from: Blue Water Music, Salmon Arm BC

Features: This Kustom was made in 2005 in the US accually. I play most metal with large amouts of blues. This amp can sure crank it out. I hae a Boss GT-6 but I rarely use it I just turn up the distortion on the amp and go for it. Accully though th distortion is a bit loud I do like it. The distortion is heavy enough for In Flames or Children of Bodom but this amp really shines with it's clean channel. For a lil 10" Celestion Red this amps clean tones are awesome. With either of my Les Pauls' I can get a nice glossy clean tone, if I add some of the built in analog chorus I can get an awesome Little Wing sound or Dream Theater's Endless Sacrifice. This amp has 2 channels lead and rythem, (distortion/OD. and clean) as well as 2 equilizer presets UK and USA. And your basic Low Mid High Eq as well as Reverb and chorus. This amp can really pump for a 30 watt it is loud enough for now and I have no real complaints I have played inddor for 300 people and it held it's own so I can't complain it is way louder then I thought it would be. It has 2 channels, fx loop, headphone jack, and foot switch for channels. // 9

Sound: I have 2 Les Pauls' an Epiphone Les Paul Studio Limited Edition in Peacock Blue that has 2 Gibson Humbuckers as well as my newest guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde Yellow Bulls eye with EMG HZ pickups, soon to be upgraded to EMG 81/85's. Also I have a Gretsch Syncomatic G1616 Silverjet with 2 Gretsch Humbuckers. All these guitars sounds good through this amp. For the most part I play metal, as is obvious from my guitar choices this amp handles it really well accually. With my Gretsch though when I feel like play some blues, which is quite often this amp sounds realy good. With full Gain this amp is fairly noisy but it can be handled just by being sure to touch the strings at all time and your problem is solved. This amp have a great all around sound I can tweak out almost any sound I want. The Clean stays clean at all volume settings. The distortion though noisy is brutal it's crunches very heavily when you bring up the mid and low end EQ's it is down right nasty. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played about 10+ gigs with out a back up since I can't aford one, and Have had no trouble at all. This amp is a tank I have never had anything go wrong with it and I have had it for around a year now. // 10

Overall Impression: I play varying styles of music, mostly metal or blues though. The distorion off this amp can handle some heavy metal tones and can lighten up nicely for a nice blues tone as well. This amp has proven very versitile for me. It has a nice Metal crunch as well as a nice soft blues tone and really good clean sound. That said I still wish it was tune rather then solid-state. I have been playing for 2 and a half years now. I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Zakk Wylde Bullseye, an Epiphone Les Paul Studio LMT edtion in Peacock Blue and a Gretsch Syncomatic G1616 Silverjet. For FX I have a Boss GT-6 Multieffects proccessor. I'm happy with this amp considering I bought it on the spot just over a year ago. I would get antoher if it were stolen though I would probly get a larger on, a 65 watt or 100 if I could, since I'm starting to play more gigs. I love it's abilty to get any sound I want out of it with or without my FX. I do wish it was more powerful, though it is loud for a 30 watt I wish it had more. I love the clean sound by far the best part. I have compaired it to Marshalls, vox, crate and fender. After buying stupidly. However for the price and the quality it is far better. This amp is a great amp for anyone, if you need a practice amp this amp is great, if your starting out and need a good amp look no further. // 10

Dual 30 RC Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 19, 2009

Features: I bought this amp second for what I beleive to be a bargain. I play mannyyy styles of music from metal to classical to funk and this amp seems to give a great sound no matter what I plug into it. I have a bc rich warlock which of the lead channel gives a great distortion sound, while when I use my 2008 Fender stratocaster on the second channel I can get an awesome clean funky blues sound. this amp is incredably versitile and I just adore it. // 10

Sound: As I mentioned before, no mmatter what I plug into it it just sounds superb. I've played on many other amps and nothing seems to give such a powerful and decent tone as this one. I also tend to plug my acoustic into it from time to time which sounds great aswell. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp and I have been through thick and thin together for many years now and the previous owner had it even longer than I have. This amp has lived an impressive life and hasn't had one problem so far. Definately reliable for a gig, the celestion speaker really packs a punch. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I would give this amp a 10/10 and would definately recommend getting one of these. It's got everything you could ever want in an amp. Great tone, powerful sound and anything you plug into it sounds great. I've played on many other amps such as Orange and some peaveys and nothing compares to the Kustom Dual 30RC. // 10

Dual 30 RC Reviewed by: devilmaycry1979, on may 08, 2009

Purchased from: R&H Music Ohio

Features: Made in China BUT designed in the USA. It can Switch between Lead and Rhythm, hence the name Dual. The R stands for Reverb and the C stands for Chorus. 8 Dials for sound.(left to right)Gain(for Lead)-Volume(Controls both Lead and Rhythm)-Level(for Rhythm)Low(EQ for both)-Mid(EQ for both)-High(EQ for both)-Reverb(Effects for both if on)-Chorus(Effects for both if on). I mainly use this amp inside, it has plenty of power on a dry day, but when it's humid; it decides to bug out. It has a lot of jacks for accessories. On top:CD/Tape Input for recording.Guitar Input(Naturally)Headphones(quiet time/late night). Jacks on the rear of the Amp:(left to right)External speaker(For adding another speaker; just don't exceed the OHM limit!)Line Output(For adding a Pre-Amp) Effects Send & Return Jacks(For an effects loop using stomp boxes)and a Footswitch(For Pedal selection). Not bad, if you have the extra equipment to utilize them. // 10

Sound: I use Hamer Pickups through this and although they kinda sound a like Gibson's, its the sound I was shooting for. Country Music stars would love this Amp.. This amp is very touchy like someone mentioned before, this Amps Volume pot is wacky. One simple touch and your going deaf! I have never needed to turn more than half way! The Amp is Mainly a Reverb and Chorus Amp. I play Hard Rock Grunge Alternative/Metal, so I just leave the Chorus off. All I know is that when I play clean and then Switch to overdrive/distortion its real shocking because the difference is huge! Its an Amazingly crystal clear Amplifier. But thats probly due to the Celestion speaker sitting inside? I believe this Amp could possibly obtain the level of crunch most metal players are looking for; but to do so means alot of experimenting. Although it would be time consuming, I doubt it would ever let you down once you found the right setup. This is mainly a "rehearsal" Amp.(and trust me its loud enough). I really wouldn't tour any outside gigs with this; mainly because through personal experience, the Amp tends to bog out when the moisture settles in. BUT, other than that its a great studio/rehearsal amp. Awesome for recording. As I have already done with primitive PC equipment. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Reliability:Well like me and the other guy have experienced; it just doesn't act right under moist/humid conditions. Given that it is what it is; and using the amp properly, its probly one of the most clear Amp's you will find for indoor rehearsal/recording. It has a rugged leather shell with a rubber top strap. The front is covered in a lattice style mesh thats off-white (mine is anyhow). // 9

Overall Impression: I think you get what you pay for. And me being the tone whore I am..well I got what was coming to me.. A really nice clean sounding rehearsal Amp. You could always get something with a lot more crunch or rumble, but for the clarity this celestion based Amp. Pumps out; you won't be let down by a purchase. (That is, if you know the difference between a rehearsal/recording Amp and a Gigging Amp). I do beleive this Amp would handle the abuse; I just wouldn't want it to get humid in the meantime). Now I just need to get me a 4x12 stack.. // 10

More Kustom reviews rating category latest review
+ Tube 12A 8.5 Guitar Amplifiers 09/10/2012