Quad Jr. Half-Stack Review

manufacturer: Kustom date: 12/28/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Kustom: Quad Jr. Half-Stack
The Kustom Quad Jr. is a cool, scaled down half-stack that excels at heavy, modern rock but still has the versatility to deliver warm clean sounds and crunchy, medium-gain tones as well. Delivering 100 watts through a Celestion-loaded, 4-ohm 4x12 speaker cabinet, it features two switchable channels, multiple preamp modes, 8 digital effects, and more!
 8.8
 9.5
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Quad Jr. Half-Stack Reviewed by: r12g14, on december 28, 2006

Features: I am not sure what year this amp was made in. I think it was made in 2006 or 2005. This is a really versatile amp. It is great for metal, hard rock, blues, pop, punk, really anything a modern musician wants to play. It has 2 channels that you can switch to between lead and rhythm. It has a headphone jack in the back and a bunch of effetcs. I wish I could plug more than 1 guitar into it because then it would be less equipemnt to drag around to gigs. I use this amp to practice and to play gigs. It has tons of power and is capable for most unsigned musicians for playing clubs and place s like that. It is a tube amp. It weighs a lot and is heavy to carry around but it's worth it. // 9

Sound: I use an Epi X-Plorer with stock pickups. It suits my music style for hard rock music. The distortion is alright on it but I suggest getting a distortion/overdrive pedal. It is a little bit noisy but I haven't really tested out the envirements to see where it plays best I assume in a bigger area it will sound better. The amp has a big range of sounds, great for metal, hard rock and blues sound great on it. The clean/rhythm setting does not get dostorted at high volumes and sounds great. The distrotion is good on high volumes but after you play for a while it starts to tone down so I suggest a pedla for that. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This a super relaible amp. I don't think I will ever be playing a show and blow it. I think I would bring it to a show with a backup but just as a precaution be cause anything could happen and it's always smart to have a backup. This amp has never broken down on me so far because it is a farly new amp to me. It hasn't broken down on me but being a tube amp I think in a long time eventually the tubes will wear out and have to be replaced not because of the amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play hard rock music. It is a good for this kind of music. It is loud, has a nice sound and on high volume, the ditortion is good. I would recommend this amp to anyone Who is interested in playing live because I think that's what this amp was made for. I probably wouldn't get this amp if it was lost of stolen I would probably get the Peavey 5150 because of the tone it's got and it is a more well known name brande but this amp is just as good. I love how loud it gets the great tone and the fact it's mine. The only thing I hate is that after the tubes warmn up the ditortion tones down but I can fix that with a distorion pedal. I compared it to the Peavey 5150 but it was out of my price range. I chose this one because it's perfect for me and it was only $775. I only wish it had harder distortion. I hope you get this ampp it is a great amp and with its Celestion speakers you can blast that audience I hope you enjoy this amp as much as I do. // 10

More Kustom reviews rating category latest review
+ HV100THD 8.4 Guitar Amplifiers 08/21/2014