LC15 Review

manufacturer: Laney date: 07/04/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Laney: LC15
The LC15 sets the standard, it may look like a baby, but it sounds like a real mother. 15 watts RMS of pure EL84 tone into a 10 " Custom designed driver produces unadulterated pure valve tone. The LC15 uniquely combines a pre/post gain control, which allows you to get great sparkling clean tones or full on, out & out gain or any point in between by simply turning a single rotary control.
 7.9
 7.8
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
LC15 Reviewed by: zombie1965, on july 04, 2007

Features: This all valve Amp has been in production for around 16 years, up until around 2002 the Laney LC15 come with a 10" HH invader driver and post 2002 come with 10" celestian speaker. I have the older HH invader modle which I find superb for what I play (screeming blues rock). This is my primary recording amp because of it's wonerfull sound and I use it at home to write riffs, and if this amp had another chanel I would use it for small gigs as for 15 watts this mother is loud. The only regret I have is not buying the LC15R or the LC30 (30w) whitch are better buy because they have a superb spring reverb, fx loop and a speaker cab output! // 6

Sound: I love the clean sound of the LC15 when coupled with a single coil pickup beautifuly full and warm with a spot if harmonic 'ping, turn the drive up a little more and into a neck pickup position gives you that lovely milky Vintage sound then bring up the volume and get some power amp od to get Fat warm sounds. When coupled with my us telecaster with seymore duncan texas blues pickup it is just 'wow'. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have been using this amp dayly for around 9 months now and have not had any problems with it, the tubes are sounding fine and I think they are around 10 years old the only small worrie is that at full Drive there is quite a lot of buz and hum, not loud but it's their. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall this amp is superb, but for a few quid more get the version with more features the LC15R or the 30w LC30. As I have said the tone is second to none (simalar to a Fender hotrod) and for the money you will not find a better all valve amp, I know because I spent hours tring them out that Laney LC15's are a hell of a lot of bang For a subtle amount of buck. // 8

More Laney reviews rating category latest review
+ LV100 9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014