MXD30 Review

manufacturer: Laney date: 03/07/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Laney: MXD30
The MXD30 features the Laney Custom X-Factor DSP Digital Effects Package with Instant Selection however it also builds on this with a Program Control plus Master Effects Level control.
 8.5
 6.9
reviews (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
MXD30 Reviewed by: timrichardson, on december 14, 2004

Purchased from: Hong Kong Tom Lee

Features: The Amp was made from good ol' Britain and is a great amp. It's perfect for soft down to heavy metal. It has, 2 reverbs, 4 delays, 2 chorus, flanger, rotary speaker simulator, octaver, chorus + reverb, chorus + delay, flange + delay and, octaver + delay. All this in a small powerful amp. It can get really loud I only use it on 2 but I can go up to 10. It's also about 40 - 50 cm wide! Small but loud! // 10

Sound: I always use it on distortion, the Amp has two different types of distortion, one is deeper and the other is a Laney trade mark "Max" distortion which is great for heavy metal and punk rock. It has alot of variety, more than it needs. The clean channel is perfect up to the max volume. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's not big for a massive gig but it's great for a hall or big room. It's never broken down I have had it for a year. I dropped it a couple of times but it hasn't broken, it's really durable. // 10

Overall Impression: Great for punk rock fans, use it for anything really. If it broke or stolen or lost or anything then I wouldnt get another one, but I will get the biggest one you can get! It's awesome! Only one bad thing, with FX pedals you can't mix it with the distortion. But the FX pedal works on the clean channel. Get it, it's worth it. // 10

MXD30 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 07, 2008

Features: I guess the MXD30 is now called LX35D as some might say. Checked it on the Laney website & there isnt any MXD30. Oh well. I bought my LX35D online. It is an open back split guitar combo loaded with a 10 inch loudspeaker. Equipped with TEC(tube emulating technology). It has a split preamp layout, which gives seperate clean and Drive level controls through a shared master EQ with bass, mid and treble. The onboard digital effects have been designed to compliment the amp with a choice of delays, flange, rotary, octave down, chorus, reverb and combination of these. It features a headphone socket, CD/Line in and footswitch. // 10

Sound: I mainly use the LX35D as my practice and recording amp at home. Both my Ibanez & SG sounds awesome on this amp weather I'm playing metal or blues and etc. Using a POD 2.0 and Boss MD-2 with this amp. You can really get all kind of tones if you tweak it right. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I had always depended on this amp for practice as it is versatile as well for recordings. Recommended for small gigs and those Who mainly want something to practice on. Lightweight & durable with rugged constrution. Never once dissapointed me when I'm riffing away. // 10

Overall Impression: Been playing on this amp for half a year. It is really affordable for those Who are starting out. Love the tribal design on it. My most favourite thing is a small button called XTS(extreme tone shaping). I always have it on. This button applies a scooped mid tone shape to the Drive channel to boosts its key frequencies for a better sound. Laney had always been my choice of amplication. // 10

More Laney reviews rating category latest review
+ LV100 9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014