Prism P35 Review

manufacturer: Laney date: 03/02/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Laney: Prism P35
The P35 is packed full of features and follows the new Laney philosophy in Digital amp design - Gone are the days of simply approximating the sounds of other amplifiers.
 8.4
 8.3
 8.4
review (1) pictures (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
Prism P35 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 02, 2010

Price paid: € 230

Purchased from: Briers muziekinstrumenten

Features: My Laney Prism amp is a 35 Watt. They can also be bought as 15 Watt and 65 Watt. It is a great practice amp for a not too high price. It consist of a Hero button with the presets. A Live button for making your own sound and 4 channels where your sounds can be stored. There also are alot of effects including: Reverb, Chorus, Delay, Flangle, Tremolo, Phaser, Auto-Wah, Rotary and Octaver. And not to forget the boost button for extra gain! // 8

Sound: I'm using this amp with a Cort G-254, it's kind of a fender stratocaster type guitar, sound is perfect!. This amp is absolutely amazing for kind of every style! I generally play metal. You have awesome presets for metal and making your own ones makes it even better! I don't like the preset for rock, but I think it al has to do with personal preference. Clean, jazz and blues sound very good with the effects. But I use the amp with 2x60 watt subwoofers so I get a better sound. But the original sound is great too // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this is an amp for life! Perfect practise amp. So far I have never found any problems with it. I think if you treat it well, it will never have any problems. Laney has good decent amps. Sometimes I sit on it while watching TV and it still works, so what more do you want?! // 8

Overall Impression: As I told before I play metal, and I like alot of Metallica's stuff. This is all you need, I don't use a distortion pedal or multi effect pedal because this amp's got it all! If I would lose this amp, I would consider of buying it again, but I don't know for sure. There are so many great amp's for this price so I don't really know. What I love about it are the effects, distortions and the boost button! It gives you that extra distortion you need. I wish they gave the laney footswitch with it. You can switch between channels with it. So you can create a clean sound, then push it to go to a distortion, blues channel. If you want an amp with alot of effects, good distrotion and good sound quality, this is the amp for you! It isn't the cheapest one, but you save very much money with all it's feautures. // 8

More Laney reviews rating category latest review
+ LV100 9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/31/2014