AmpliFi 150 Review

9.8
 6.9
review (1) pictures (2) 10 comments vote for this gear:
AmpliFi 150 Reviewed by: weyoun2, on march 20, 2014

Features: This review is from a hot out of the box Line 6 AmpliFi 150 modelling Amplifier with more features than any other power box in this market. This particular model not only features a superb sound and power but includes many things that us as guitarists wanted for quite a while given the arrival of bluetooth technology and digital format music years ago. It contains about 200 or more different and accurate emulations of famous amps and effects from different brands, it cuts the learning curve to get that particular guitar tone in that song we liked so mucho due to use of tone matching technology and let us use our music library as backing track for our listening and fun pleasure. Its black finish and stylish enclosure blends with your surrounding furniture. It even looks like a foot rest! The key to this endless world of tone exploration comes from its iOS App that controls everything from your iPhone/iPad device and can save hours of time for the busy guitarists instead of changing cables, pedals, cabs and preamps. In summary it provides immediate gratification and full control of your jamming session or gig. // 10

Sound: The sound is impressive out of the box but you will definitely customise your desired tone with the different tools inside the app including a 4 band parametric EQ, Amp Controls, Effect pedals, Compression devices etc. You can quickly match the volume of your axe with the volume of your music using the volume blend knob feature. It took me several hours to get the acoustic sound to work due to my ignorance but after using tone matching, I rapidly developed the feeling of it and edited my favourite acoustic tones with sound that rivals even the more expensive Fishman, Roland or Fender acoustic amps. With five speakers (two Coaxial) and the 12" Celestion driver you cannot go wrong. Don't have an iPad or iPhone yet? No problem. It works as a standalone amp with 4 preset tones, stereo input and control knobs for 3 band EQ, FX, Drive and Reverb. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This stuff was made in China explaining its affordable price. It appears solid and well constructed. The cabinet and grill are hard plastic. At close inspection no loose parts or any indication we are dealing with a cheaply made piece of equipment. It does not seem to overheat at all after hours of playing. It does not have a handle however has a comfortable tab at the top of the cabinet that lets you lift it and support its base with your other hand. In my opinion you can use it as your main amp in any acoustic or electric gig. With 150W that's a lot of power for a solid state modelling amp combo. // 9

Overall Impression: I choose this product since it will permit me have almost a sound control unit at my fingers and starting to immediately analyse any change in tone from my practice chair without even touching the amp. I play mostly acoustics like Taylors, Ovation, Gibsons and LAG guitars but I'm learning to enter the electric guitar territory. The looks of this baby are beautiful. It doesn't even looks like an amp at all. The Line 6 logo is at the back of the amp itself. Is not a tube combo but believe me is a dream come true worthing every penny. // 10

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review