Flextone II Plus Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 02/09/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Line 6: Flextone II Plus
With a "dual mode" power amp section that delivers 60 watt mono through a 1x12" custom designed speaker and kicks out 100 watts stereo when the extension cab is plugged in, the Plus, allows the capability to bring only the amp itself to smaller gigs, jams, and recording sessions, while being able to take along that Flextone Cab to larger venues.
 8.4
 8.8
 7.9
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
Flextone II Plus Reviewed by: hotroderguy, on february 09, 2006

Purchased from: Fret Shop

Features: This is amp at least 2 years old with very little wear; a ding in the metal control panel plate was it. I will say that this collects dust very well. It has 4 programmable slots to set the specific settings want, plus running the thing in manual mode adds a semi-5th slot. Mine is the 60 watt single 12 inch speaker, its solid state, with a effects loop and headphone jack around back. The cat5e jack on the back is for the 4 button foot switch that selects the slot or manuel and tap tempo. I will say the the stock cat5e cable for it that came with the amp long ago craped out so I'm using a bright one from staples. There are not really any features I wish it had maybe volume controls on the effects loop and optional wheels. I love the amp models especially the rectifier and hi-gain. The effects aren't bad; they have depth and tap tempo options. Its also includes a effect bipass and reverb. // 9

Sound: I play a Fender American Series Stratocaster with potted stock pickups. I play just general classic rock and rock, a little bit of 80 metal, christian rock, and some laid back stuff. I love the amp models, I had before this amp V-Amp 2 and particularly like it. The hi-gain and rectifier are I spend allot of my time plus the Flextone layer which is beautiful clean tone. But last I discovered a wonder setup for Seven Nation Army with black panel model. I have had it at all volumes, and there is only a tiny bit of noise and allot of that is my guitar. It have never heard the radio on this amp which was a problem with my last, and ever leaving a guitar chord laying on the ground up plugged really doesn't give it static. Even at 3'oclock there's no distortion in the clean. The compressor plus the clean channel sometimes don't jive well together but that's about it. There's just an overall great variety of models and sounds. The distortion to me gives me all I have ever wanted and sounds awesome. Power chords sound prefect I love'm on this amp. Sometimes lead does come across prefect but only sometimes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Its 2 years old I've had for a month or so now and have pushed it hard and I have never had a break down. There's hardly ever feedback, and the speaker sounds strong as ever. It's just over 50 lbs and built like a tank. The rubber pads on the bottom are thick and have to 1/4 or 1/2 tall. Like I said you really got to keep it clean because there are lots of places for dust. But yes I would totally take this to a gig and not bring and extra amp, actually I have. If something ever happens to this amp I would run out and buy one from the new Flextone III series, I can't imagine how good they are now. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a Fender American Series Stratocaster with potted stock pickups. I play just general classic rock and rock, a little bit of 80 metal, christian rock, and some laid back stuff. It's great for what I play. I've been playing for 4 years and this is my second amp. I also own a V-Amp 2 which I love, and a Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi. If something ever happen to this I would totally buy one from the new Flextone III series, in a heart beat. // 9

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review