Spider II 112 Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 01/08/2009 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Line 6: Spider II 112
Spider II is the only amp designed from the ground up to drown out the voices inside your head.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.2
 7.9
 8.9
 6.9
reviews (50) 117 comments vote for this gear:
Spider II 112 Reviewed by: BlinkBlinkBlink, on april 06, 2005

Purchased from: guitar center

Features: This is a brand new 2004 amp that's about the only good thing about this solid state. I've been playing guitar for a while. I've tried out other Line 6 products, thought they sucked. PodXTLive can't even compare to the Boss ME50 in price and value. But anyways, onto the amp. This is one of the worst amps you can buy. The clean on this amp, sounds horrible. It's like there's a built in reverb you can't turn off. And if you play rock music or any other kind of music besides classical, then this absolutely sucks. Forget the other amp modes, you have to pay another 80 for the foot switch or you have to run back to the amp to change modes. And since their dials, you might go to the wrong one, but have to do a solo in metal, while it's in blues. Wow wouldn't that suck balls. You can't shut off the effects either. Chorus with reverb, sigh, run back and turn it off. Oh damn I accidentally turned on sweep echo. Now my solo sounds like s--t. Line 6 made a great way to cheat you of your money? Screw the features, you need to runback and turn it off. and forget the foot switch too. matter fact, forget Line 6, and did I mention the Variax sucks too? // 4

Sound: I tried a Les Paul with this, sounded like crap. A Strat, still sounded like crap. Is it my thousand dollar guitars, or is it my crappy ass practice amp? I play rock, and this amp just blows, that's all I have to say. // 2

Reliability & Durability: Realiability? Someone ran into the head of Cord that was plugged into the input for my guitar on the amp. The socket actually broke off and the input actually broke off. So now its all wiggly. Imagine if that happend on stage. // 2

Overall Impression: If you haven't realized by now, I hate this amp. I got it, I tried it out, I didn't like it, and it took me 2 months before I could get another practice amp. Luckily I had my small Squier 10 Watt but it was still pretty disappointing. So by now you would have listend to a true guitarist, one who adores Lenny Kravitz, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jimmy Page, Angus Young etc. one who has made guitar a huge part of his life. And so don't go out and get this amp. The effects aren't all that good either. Pick up a Randall amp, or a Marshall, those are good. Not Line 6. They try to pump in quantity, a lotta effects and switches, while quality just flies out the window. // 2

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: fr0zt, on july 05, 2004

Features: I bought this amp new from a local guitar shop. Let me start off by saying this amp really cranks. The 112 can go to loud volumes without losing its great sound quality. I won't spend time to list all the individual features, but it has a lot, including some enjoyable goodies. It has 12 amp models: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane (they have 2 seperate models for each setting). The distortion on the amp can be probably the dirtiest you'll ever find. The features on this amp make me very happy. // 10

Sound: I have a cheap Drive S102 Strat Copy and a Gibson Flying V. I tested the amp at the store with an Epiphone Les Paul, and I'm pleased to say, it sounds great on my copy, as well as the V. I mainly play blues and rock, but when I want to crank up the distortion, it's there. You can tell when the guys at Line 6 designed this amp, they had metal heads in mind too. I love the sound quality. It's perfect in my opinion. I could get my "Purple Haze", "Day Tripper", "Sad But True", "Blister in the Sun", and more almost perfectly on this amp. Sound gets a 5 all the way. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this amp for small gigs, but if I ever get into large gigs, I would definately go for the stack and the 212. If you play large gigs, it wouldn't hurt to buy a larger model, since this is the smallest in the group. I would use it without a backup, because I feel this amp is built to last. The ultimate small gigging amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 3 months, but I have a very good understanding in guitar equipment. I have played with many different amps and guitars, and this amp is my top pick. If someone stole it, I would hunt the bastard down, or if that didn't work, I'd just buy a new one. For the price you can't go wrong. If you have the slightest thought in your mind that this amp could suit your needs, then go for it. If you are upgrading from a practice amp, then this would be the amp to look at. 5 hands down. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 08, 2005

Features: This amp is simply amazing! It has everything from chorus flange to the perfect "Metal Distortion." I've played my friends Marshall stack and though louder (DUH) my Spider can get a lot better sounds no matter what pedal he uses. // 10

Sound: I can get almost any sound I want with this amp. Most resently I figure out a mixture to chorus, flange and delay that makes that ring from the Korn song Hating. I mean it would take forever figuring out what pedals they use. I mostly play metal and hard rock and sometimes alternitive. I have a BC NJ Series Warlock 7-String and this amp works in amazing unison with it. The clean stays clean no matter how high the volume, too and I think thats one of the most important things about an amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I use it at all my gigs. There is no replacement. This thing won't break if you pushed it off the roof of your car. (Don't try that for all you idiots out there). // 10

Overall Impression: It's an amazing amp and is well worth the $300. If your new to guitars pick up a little 0 Watt Crate, don't go with this unless you've had a lot of experience with effects. I've only been playing 1 year. I just learned everything before I picked up a guitar. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Dairybeat, on november 19, 2004

Purchased from: Musik-Service, Germany

Features: I bought the amp On-line in October 2004. I take my hat off for the store's fast delivery: ordered in the afternoon in Germany and deliverd the next day in The Netherlands; top speed! I play blues, country-rock, pop-rock, rock & roll etc, and there are plenty of amps simulations and built in effects to choose from to suit these styles. A footswitch was included that makes you able to choose from 4 different amp settings (A, B, C, D); pre-sets of your own. It's a pity that there's no lead setting on the amp or footswitch. The drawback of this footswitch is, that if you play a song in witch you use setting B and D, you have to go through C to get to D; very annoying! So it's no use for a on stage performance. It's got a headphone jack, handy, as I use the amp mainly in my livingroom and the 75 watts of power is plentyfull for these sircumstances. As a bonus, it's got a built in guitar tuner. it's a bit jumpy, but works ok. // 8

Sound: I use the amp with a Gibson J-100 Xtra, with a (later on) build in piezo pickup, and with an Ibanez AS83 (335) with 2 humbuckers. The amp is pretty noise free in all settings and can go from nice clean to absolutely wild distortion; plenty to choose from or change to your own liking. When I bought the amp a noticed it had a: Chorus/Flanger setting, but only realized after I received the amp, that these two effects are always mixed! I've never been keen on a flanger effect and now it's always present when I use the chorus setting. All the effects come into operation with quite a bang, they're not gradual enough. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Time will tell if the amp is durable and I think it's useless for gigging, unless you don't switch a lot between sound effects. // 6

Overall Impression: I started playing guitar 40 years ago, and play mainly rhythm guitar. The amp has got many nice features, but also many shortcomings, that's why I wouldn't buy this amp again. I don't gig anymore, but if I did, I would use my 100 Watt Marshall with Clean and Lead and an effect-box. // 6

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: aaron_ballantyn, on april 24, 2006

Features: This amp is a beast. Amazing tone, crazy distortion, great sustain. I bought this amp in 2005 and have had no problems with it. I play pretty much everything from clean, mellow stuff to punk to hardcore, to metal and death metal. This thing can do it all. It's got 4 programmable channels, 12 different amp models to choose from as well as 7 different effects (chorus flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, reverb) and a master volume with a Drive nob and bass, mid and treble nobs. It doesn't come with the 4 button footswitch which kinda sucks but you gotta get that shit 'cause it's essential for playing live. // 10

Sound: Right now I'm playing through an Epiphone SG 400 and a Fender Strat with a Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor and a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. this thing sounds amazing. It's even got a built in noise gate so that really helps to cut down on any feedback. The built in tuner works well to for those quick onstage tune jobs. This amp suits pretty much all playing styles, although the bluesy sounds could do with a little bit of work. But the distortion on this thing is brutal. The insane channel has enough distortion to make you ears bleed. And this thing gets really loud, playing outside at 3 am in the morn with the volume cranked people could hear this mofo down at the lake 1.5 km away. One of the best sounding combo's you can get. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is totally dependable. Just gigged with it last night and it went off without a hitch. Other poeple were using this amp last night to and it was great from plugging in acoustic electrics to playing metal, this thing can do it all and will sound great. // 10

Overall Impression: Get this amp. It's better than half the stacks out there unless you're willing to dish out some serious dough. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: ramlax13, on march 31, 2004

Features: Made 2003, Has a wide variety of sounds, 12 amp models, great range from clean, to blues to heavy metal. 4 channels, footswitch (not included) 7 effects (chorus/flanger, Phaser, Tremelo, Delay, Tape Delay, Sweep Echo, Reverb). I use this amp as my main amp for practice with my band. It isn't exactly as loud as I expected for 75 watts. // 10

Sound: I use a Squier Strat and the amp still sounds good. I play punk rock to metal and it fits me great. The volume levels can vary between amp models but it can be fixed. You can go from very little distortion to as much distortion as you can possiblity imagine. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would use it in a gig definitely. // 10

Overall Impression: Great Match for probably any range of music. I have been playing for a year, I own a Washburn Acoustic Guitar. IF it was stolen I would buy another right away. I compared it to other amps, thought that I would get the most out of this amp. Great amp, give it a try at your local guitar shop. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 06, 2005

Features: Not sure how old this amp is or where it's from but I know it's the best amp I've had! There are 6 different modes including clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane. I mainly use the metal setting, but the clean is also very good. It has 4 footswitchable programmable channels and built in effects including phaser, chorus flange, tremelo, delay and echo. The only problem I've found is that you can't program a channel to use effects. I use this amp live and it holds up rather well, it's 750 watts which is enough for live shows. // 10

Sound: I have an Ibanez GSZ120 and an Epiphone Les Paul Studio and both sound great through this amp. I mostly play metal and post hardcore stuff and this amp holds up nicely. If you use the insane setting there is a lot of noise but the others are fine. The blues setting is also very good. The clean setting is maintained at high volumes so its good for gigging with. The insane distortion and the metal distortion are nticably different which makes this amp even better. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This amp has got me through many gigs and I dont usually take a back up, however my cable did snap once on stage. My other amp is a 30 watt Marshall and I would always choose the spider over this. I've had the amp nearly a year now and its never broken down on me. The only slight problem is that the plug isnt attached so I gueess it's possible for it to come out while your playing, but this is highly unlikely. // 10

Overall Impression: I mostly play heavier guitar stuff and this amp is ideal. All the effects sound nice and there is very little distorion on the clean setting. I tried a few different amps before I bought this one but none of them had as many effects on them. If this amp was stolen I would get it again, but I may upgrade it to a Spider 2 212. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 25, 2006

Features: Solid state. 12 amp models, 7 effects, 2 use at once. 4 programmable channels. So basically, this review is meant to be a rebuttal of the previous review, which is full of crap. The reviewer says that you can't turn off the effects. If he read the manual, he'd know you can reprogram the factory settings quite simply. He also complains about having to run to the amp to change the channel. True, you do need to spend the $80 to get the footswitch, but are other amps any different? Further, the reviewer says that the knobs are difficult and make it easy to turn to the wrong model and play with the wrong setting. They're knobs. If you're not smart enough to turn them the right way, you shouldn't buy this amp. // 10

Sound: This amp has nice cleans, though twang is best for clean in my opinion. The metal and insane settings sound great on green LED, though the reds aren't too usable to me. The weakness of the amp is the crunch channel, which really falls short in my view. To get a decent classic rock sound, one must use a heavier model and just lower the drive. You can get truly great distorted sounds out of this if you try, but it takes time. Slight adjustments in EQ, drive, and effects make a big difference. Don't just play around with it for 10 minutes and denounce it 'cause you haven't figured it out yet. Chorus is good, though flanger and phaser seem too overpowering. Still, onboard effects are just icing on the cake. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Hasn't ever had any trouble as I've had it. Seems strong enough to take a beating. I'd trust it absolutely. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a little over 2 years and have become something of a tonal nazi. I know what sounds good and what doesn't. Quite simply, this can sound good. It can also sound crappy if you let it. Mess with the settings and I guarantee you'll find something you like. I just can't stand to see good products trashed, especially for such dumb reasons as mr. blink uses below this. I recommend that everyone simply disregard that review. By the way, we're all quite impressed that you own expensive guitars. Though if I can rock this amp with my $300 guitar and you can't with yours, there must be some problem other than equipment here. Just saying. Sorry, I don't mean to attack anyone. Might be a little overzealous in defending my good friend, Line 6. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Eric 666, on march 10, 2006

Sound: I'm using an Ibanez RG350DX with Dimarzio Super distortion and EMG 85, it definetely suits my style, very versatile, I can take it from the sweetest clean sound to the most brutal distortion, it's not noisy unless you make a 5 min natural harmonic, and since it has the Noise Gate which you activate by pressing Tap Tempo and adjusting reverb, so you dont get the annoying feedback Marshall, Peavy, and other amp companies have. You can make 100 million sounds out of this and since you get Line 6 Edit with the amp you can make custom settings in your computer and see how they would sound with it. Also you can post them online and see what people think of it. The clean channel can go from a Bluesy Les Paul sound to a Strat's single coil twangy sound, it just adapts itself to every guitar you play. The distortion is quite useful, from hard rock, to insane death metal this amp has it all! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've gigged with this amp for the last 6 months (I do a show every month) although it is kinda heavy, like most amps are when they're that big, it's still a great sounding amp, I've never had to contact Line 6 for problems with it because I take very good care of it, and it would survive gigs like a champ, one thing though get a footswitch because it's a bitch changing the settings having to stop playing, but still the guy below this review said he couldnt turn off the settings, well idiot turn it all the way to the left until all the lights on the effects board turn off. // 9

Overall Impression: I play heavy '80s heavy metal and this amp is just sick for my type of music. I've been playing since I was 10 and I'm 18 now, the amp is just perfect for me nothing I wouldn't use or nothing I would like to get for it, except for the foot switch but I got that 3 days after I got the amp so no problems here. If it was lost, how could an amp that's about 3 feet tall and be so heavy could get lost, only retarded people lose this amp. If it was stolen however I would find the person who stole it, beat them down, beat down their whole family and get my amp back and keep on gigging with it. My favorite feature about it is the Chorus Flanger, the tremolo feature, and everything else on it, I bought a Morley Steve Vai Whammy pedal and the it's complete, last piece of gear you would ever need to buy unless you become famous. So get Line 6 people and read reviews at other websites or go out and play the amp for yourself for a while not just 5 minutes like some people do, and then come write a review about it, trust me you'll like it, if not, you have problems. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: angelo2, on june 08, 2006

Features: This is the best amp ever! It has a headphone jack, external speaker jack, and a footswitch jack (special footswitch only compatable with Line 6). It has a built-in tuner, which is great. The only things I do not use are the "tape echo," and the "sweep echo." I use this amp for practice at home and for gigs; it is soo loud. // 9

Sound: Right now I am using a Jackson DKMGT with EMG pickups. It sounds great with this amp. I play all different kinds of music. I play blues, metal, emo, punk, and all the other kinds, and it sounds great for all of them. It comes with soo many different distortions and sounds. It's amazing. It has two different types of all of the following: clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, insane. The clean channel is clean at all volumes, and the distortion ranges from mild to insane. Great sounds. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is the most dependable I have ever had. I always use it without a backup, and it has never broken down. // 10

Overall Impression: I play almost every different styles of music, and this amp can, too. I have been playing for almost 3 years; I have a Jackson DKMGT and an Ibanez acoustic/electric. Even though its an acoustic. It still sounds good played through this amp. If it were stolen or lost, I would definetly buy it again. My favorite feature is the tuner, because you can never tune too much. I definetly would recomend this amp to anyone. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: deathbat411, on october 27, 2006

Features: This amp has 6 amp models: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, and insane. My personal favorite is Insane. The Spider II 75w features 7 effects: delay, phaser, chorus flanger, sweep echo, tape echo, tremelo, and reverb. Each with the ability to slow down or speed up the effect. 75w for me, is a lot of power for a guitar amp. It way overpowers my three friends' guitar amps. Also providing a lot more effects. 75w has enough power to hear over another guitar amp, drums, and a bunch of noisy girls talking while were trying to practice. The Spider II also features drive, bass, mid, treble, and channel volume controls. // 10

Sound: I play a Peavey Predator through it, usually on my favorite model: Insane. I also play a bass through it, cause I don't have a bass amp yet. The only bad thing about the sound is the feedback when you crank the volume on Insane. Here is a quick synopsis of all of the amp models: Clean - a clean tone that I use for bass or parts in songs like the bridge in AFIs "Miss Murder" (with phaser). This amp model produces a sound with no distortion or overdrive. Blues - this model simply produces a slightly overdriven sound used by blues artists. Twang - a slightly overdriven tone with a twang to it. Crunch - a pretty powerful distortion you hear in all kinds of mainstream rock. Metal - s tone with loads of distortion you find in metal music. Insane - the name of this amp model suits it's sound perfectely. This amp model is completely insane, with tons of distortion. But watch out! Don't crank the volume and go to the bathroom. Cause when you come out the be a glass shattering feedback. And if your a person looking to write a song with a bunch of crazy effects, everthing you need is here without you having to go out and by 7 different pedals. Well if you want you can go get a Line 6 FBV floorboard that unlocks tons of more preset tones. And you get the pleasure of a wah pedal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: With a strong outercasing, the Spider II 75w can withstand bringing the amp back and forht between jam sessions and band practices (if your a skinny white kid like me, you get a good muscle building exercise doing this too). Just be careful around the backside and don't poke out the speaker, with unfortunately isn't that hard to do. I've never had any problems with this amp. // 9

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal and lot's of Avenged Sevenfold with this amp, and it is a perfect match. I've only been playing for about a year and don't own much other gear so this is my favorite piece of gear I have. If some jackass stole my Spider II 75w I'd totally go shitcastroodle on their ass and get my precious amp back. Even though I already have the FBV footboard, I wish it came free with this amp. I love the Insane amp model and all of the effects. There is nothing about to hate about, except it's a fatty that wieghs too much. But don't listen to me, go try one out at Guitar Center and see for yourself. Just make sure to bring 2 hundred bucks with, cause I know your gonna buy it. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: tickberger, on june 03, 2008

Purchased from: Unknown

Features: I have been playing guitar for about 2 1/2 years now and this amp was a gift which I recieved a few months after taking up the guitar. Any amplifier that comes with the presets for Slipknot and evanescence songs in the box should have set alarm bells ringing, and the reason is because this amp is a truly horrible piece of equipment. It's stuffed with features, but unfortunately, they are all part of Line 6's horrible gimmick of trying to produce the loudest most distorted sounds at a sacrifice to every other feature for the amp. I hardly use any of the features as most of them are terrible and don't work properly. I only tend to use the clean channel and occasionally the 'crunch' channel, but they are both totally pitiful. // 2

Sound: As I said before this was a gift, and as such I didn't have much choice in choosing it.The sound on every channel is horrible and sterile, and the clean is the worst I've ever heard. If I had known then how truly dire this thing is, I would have sold it straight away.I am using an Ibanez SAS36FM and a Danelectro DC59, and get horrible buzz, (even on humbuckers) on every channel, even with every single setting turned down to 1 and the sound gate activated. Line 6 seem intent on having distortion no matter what setting you are on. I play mostly alternative and rock, and this sucks for both, I know this amp isn't right for that particular job, but I don't have the finances to replace it at the moment. // 1

Reliability & Durability: I would never, ever use this to gig with, for the simple fact that it sounds completely terrible in every respect. Line 6's credit it is actually very sturdy as I have taken to giving it a swift kick when it really acts up, (which is always) and it still hasn't broken down or shown any signs of damage, which is unforunate as it would then justify me buying a new amp. // 1

Overall Impression: After two years of patiently tweaking, this thing Still Remains more psychotic and irritating thany my ex girlfirend. I wouldn't even be bothered if it got stolen, because I wouldn't wish this terrible piece of kit on anyone. I'd have to say that my favourite feature about it is the fact that it can be effortlessly switched off with the flick of a Switch. It seems that Line 6 have been so intent on cramming a thousand features into their amps in order to attract the growing market of young metal gods that they have sacrificed everything else at the expense of good sound and features. Sessions of fulfilling guitar enjoyment and progress have been reduced to a frustrating half an hour of twiddling dials in order to get the stupid thing to stop buzzing and coughing at me. An absoloute waste of time, money and energy. Avoid like the plague. // 1

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 04, 2004

Purchased from: Local Shop

Features: -This amp was made in 2003 -I play many different types of music, ranging from John Mayer all the way to really hard metal and this amp is absolutely fantastic for All of those genres! You can select between 12 different amps: Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal and Insane. There are two versions of each. No matter which of the settings you choose this amp will make a perfect sound! It also has effect built into it: Chorus/Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Delay, Tape Delay, Sweep Echo and Reverb. These effects can be combined with each of the 12 settings creating some really cool sounds. I use this amp with my band, and although it's "only" 75w it really makes enough sound to fill a pretty big room. // 10

Sound: I'm playing this amp mostly with my PRS Tremonti SE, but also uses my Epiphone Les Paul on it sometimes. It fits my kind of music perfectly. Because it can be setup in so many ways that it covers all the genres of music I play. It has I build-in Noise Suppressor, so the noise from the high gained distortion can be cut out. The distortion on the Metal and Insane settings are absolutely brutal! It really blows your mind when trying it out! // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would trust (and have trusted) this amp at a gig. But as a general rule, don't ever play without a back-up. // 8

Overall Impression: Before I bought this amp, I used the Peavey Studio Pro 112. But this amp is far superior to that amp! I've been playing for about 10 years and have had my share of amps, and this is by far the best! Gotta Love it! // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: MCR Atreyu A7x, on january 07, 2005

Purchased from: Advance music

Features: I got this amp for christmas and I must say that this one of the best sounding amps I have ever played. The ranged of effects you can get without using the 6 different amp models is awesome enough. I mostly play metal or punk so I use the metal setting most of the time. Which is awesome because it has an extremely high amount of gain but it still has all the clarity you gould when clean. I use this amp whenever I play wether it be at home or at gigs it works for all of it. // 10

Sound: I play a Fender Strat and a Gibson Les Paul thrpugh this amp and I'm amazed everyone time I plaug in about how well they both sound. Also there is almost no feedback in all of the settings except insane because of the high amount of distorion. This amp has 6 different amp models with 2 settings for each model. (clean twang blues crunch metal and insane) and the distortion on this amp is amzing because with the metal setting it gives amzing gain but you can still make it louder with the gain knob which is sweet. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is amzingly deoendable and I haven't needed a backup amp with once. This amp has yet to let me down. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is an aawesome amp for anyone who plays lead or rhythm with gain in their band. I've been playing for 3 years now and it's the best amp I've played. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: RockThe40oz, on february 22, 2005

Features: This is a decent amp for many different styles of music. With tweaking you can get pretty much any sound. I play anything from prog. rock to punk and oi! to occasional metal and it all sounds pretty good. It's got 7 effects built in with up to 3 simultaneously. There are numerous channels preset into it plus four customizable slots that can be saved. Only problem is that this amp was obviously built for beginners so getting the perfect sound can be difficult although it's easy to get something close. // 8

Sound: I'm running it with a mid-range value Ibanez (2 humbuckers). The amp makes it sound much more valuable than the guitar actually is. The clear channel is lacking, though. It sounds far too digital, but doesn't lose it's clear tone at high volumes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had it for quite a while now but it's never broken down. I don't think I'd use it for a gig unless it was some garage gig because it will be drowned out by the bass and drums due to it's low power. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall it's an OK amp. I would definitely reccomend it for beginners. If it were stolen, sure I'd be upset at losing a 300 dollar guitar amp, but I'd probably buy a Crate of the same power for just a little bit more money since it's capable of so much more. // 8

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: CandyCaneChild1, on february 23, 2005

Purchased from: musicians friend

Features: The features on this amp are immense for such a low power amp. (Compared to other 75 watters) not only does it have 6 different amp models, but it has 6 built in effects and 4 channels that you can preset! Very nice. The two things I could see anyone complaining about, though, is the fact that the footswitch jack is in the form of a telephone cable and that the clean channel sounds semi-digital and is weaker than the other models. The one thing that made it stand out to me, though, is the insane amp model. This thing is sweet. // 10

Sound: The sound quality this thing gets is superior. Not only is the quality exceptional, but it never loses its quality no matter the volume. Wanna play heavy distortion at volume 11? Go ahead! No feedback! I play all kinds of rock and a little bit of blues, and this amp is a one-fits-all. I really dont see how this amp wouldn't fit any music style. Also, the distortion this amp gets on the metal amp model is a bit limited, but I would be willing to lose brutality for no feedback any day. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have already used this amp for many smaller gigs, and it has never failed. Actually, everyone in my band uses some form of a Line 6 Spider amp and none of them ever lose their edge/break on stage. Obviously, a 1 speaker 75 watt amp is not going to be loud enough for a larger gig, but anyone who is going to rely on a smaller amp to play a 200 person plus gig is kinda crazy to begin with. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said, this amp would be a good match for any stye of music. I play this amp through a 2 button Line 6 footswitch and a Danelectro Metal Distortion pedal and the amp works like a charm. Nothing or no one could get away with telling me that this amp sucks to my face, because it is truly the best 75 watter out there. If you are looking for a reliable, cool looking and great sounding amp, this baby is for you. I love everything about this amp and if anyone were to steal it I would be in a depression for 90 days. This is truly a great amp. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: system_man, on february 23, 2005

Features: I bought this amp brand new from Guitar Center. Even though it is used as a practice amp by Mick 7 of Slipknot and has awesome metallic power, it also is suitable for any other forms of rock. It has 4 user programmable channels as well as 12 Amp Models, (2 for each type of tone). These models are clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. It comes loaded with Chorus flange, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, and sweep echo effects along with your standard knob and headphone jacks. I have actually used this amp for small gigs and it does suffice, however, because of its low power, it could get lost at medium to large size gigs. I also wished that you didn't have to buy the FBV Shortboard (an awesome if expensive piece of equipment) to unlock more sounds and channels. // 8

Sound: I use this amp with an Ibanez Iceman w/2 humbucking pickups. This amp suits my metal stylings perfectly with its incredibly tasteless Insane and Metal amp models. However, I also play punk and clean stuff for which this amp also serves well. This amp is not noisy at all and doesn't lose its tone at high volume. As I said earlier, this amp has a wide range of styles to it, but you can also make incredibly weird octaved-down noises with it as well (check out the red led insane model). To hear demostrations of the brutal distortion and beautiful clean, go to this link http://www.line6.com/spiderII/about_112.html. You can also find videos of Mick & and others using this amp there. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is completely dependable and I would certainly use it on a gig w/o backup. It has never broken down on me and is built like a tank. // 10

Overall Impression: All in all, this amp is great for almost any Rock style. I've been playing it for almost 2 years now and it hasn't failed me yet. If it were stolen, I would not hestitate to get another. I love everyrhing about it except it's lack of a pedalboard which should come with it, but this is understandable. This amp is good for beginners, metalheads, punkers, or anyone else looking for an amp which brings a little more to the table. An impressive addition to Line 6's illustrious history. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 02, 2005

Purchased from: Portman's Music

Features: This amp is a brand new 2004 Spider II 75 Watt amplifier. About four months ago I went in to look at a Marshall 100 Watt combo and saw this amp. I had heard some great things, but I wanted to do a comparison. The Marshall had a bit better bite for lead guitar playing, but the Line 6 had a much grittier low end growl. I fell in love that instant. Then, I spent about 2 hours just tweaking around with the different effects and finding sounds I really liked. Eventually, I decided that the Line 6 was a better deal and the next day came back and took it home. Later that night, I set up the four channels to my liking (note: four channels - tweakable however you want! Think about the possibilities). // 10

Sound: First off I play '80s heavy metal. I have four guitars I use this amp with 1999 BC Rich NJ Warlock w/Dimarzio humbuckers, 2001 Epiphone Explorer w/EMG 81/60A humbuckers, 2003 Gibson Faded Flying V w/stock humbuckers, ESP KH-602 Kirk Hammett Signature w/EMG 81/85 humbuckers. None of these guitars is for country or for blues, but the amp gives off a decent clean tone on either the green led clean or twang, but the red led clean has an annoying echo sound that I don't really like. The blue's settings are okay, don't really shine but then again they aren't bad. If you have a suitable Les Paul or something of the sort you may come to find a good way to tweak it. Crunch is a bit sorry- not too great at all. Now, for my favorite(s) metal. The green led metal is fairly decent if you turn up the bass and mid. The red led is absolutely perfect for lead guitar. I use the amps phase shifter effect a little on this setting and find it is amazing. I haven't seen a stock distortion sound so good for lead (apart from my neighbors Marshall half stack-lucky guy). The insane settings go just a little over the top to me. The red led insane has this annoying effect built in that you can't turn off. Shame. The green is no better. If you're into fast palm muting you're gonna hate it. Not very crisp, death metal type distortion on this setting. Overall, absolutely no feed back up to 9 on the volume with drive all the way up - very, very loud. Will overpower drums, don't worry. The Celstion speaker does a great job for this amp's sound. I just wish it came with the 4-button footswitch instead of costing $75. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged eleven times with this amp. I was really nervous my first time because I thought it would short out or the speaker would blow. Nothing happened at all. We opened up with Lepper Messiah and I was releived that the amp didn't crackle or fizz at the crazy volume I had it set at. However, just out of plain common sense - always, always, bring a back-up or hook yourself into your PA (if you have one) and turn the amp down to save your amp a little headache. Also, don't kick it (don't ask how I know) or the input jack will come loose and you have to open it up and tighten it back. Other than my own stupidity, rock solid. very impressed. // 10

Overall Impression: As an '80s metal lead guitarist, I like this amp overall. I wish it had a little more cojones so I could play the louder gigs with it. Great for clubs, bad for small emporiums and stuff. However, Line 6 kind of screwed themselves over when they didn't include a footswitch with this amp. First, they make the buttons incredibly small for the channels, then they make you charge $75 for a footswitch? Also, the blue's and insane settings need some serious work. Not very impressed considering that's what just everybody rants and raves about. Not that great. In conclusion, if you're an intermediate guitarist looking for a decent band practice/small gig amp, this is it! More experienced guitarists will find that this is a great modeling amp for any set-up and will find all the little gizmos and effects make for a great overall playing experience. IF you need an amp for $300- bucks, this is my first pick. You won't regret it. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 13, 2005

Purchased from: Vibrations Music

Features: The Spider II really is the best amp I have ever played on and the features play a major role in that statement. The amp comes with 7 standard, and 12 in total models as well as 3 tones - which can be averaged out between 2 to make a total of 6 unique tones (like a cross between a phaser and chorus). The only thing I wish the amp had when it came to models was just a clean rock sound. There is a big gap between grunch and metal (and then insane), and I can't seem to get anything in between a really heavy distorted sound or a sound that is too weak. But other then that it's tip-top! // 10

Sound: The guitar I am currently using is a Standard Squier Strat, which is certainly nothing to be proud of but the Spider II makes even this guitar sound pro! I play a punk-rock/metal style of guitar but like said before, there is nothing that balances between the two extremes (Grunge and Metal), so I'm kind of unhappy with that. Another thing to be wary of when buying this guitar is how loud you really intent to play it, and what sort of style of guitar you intend to play on it. I would not recommend it to someone who wants a strong metal-hard rock sound, and also wants to crank it up to the max because unfortunately that doesnt work out well. The sound gets very screetchy and alot of feedback comes through eventually. But if your looking for a grunge/clean tone sound then its not a problem with this amp. And if it is the metal sound your after, it's more of a practice/garage type amp. I think you'd be overing doing it if you cranked it up too much at a gig! // 8

Reliability & Durability: Definately reliable. I'm not too sure about durability but it's a must if your wanting to rely on an amp that works and delivers every time you play it. You need to look out for the front panel of the amp though. The knobs/lights could be damaged really easily if taking a beating or is miscared for on the road. But other then that it's a monster, and any fall over or tip wouldnt effect it at all. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd say this amp really is a great amp to buy and it was worth everything I paid for it. I happened to get a free channel pedel thrown in with my deal and I couldnt do without it, it's really a must if your looking to clock back and forth through different effects on the amp. If this amp was stolen or lost (I doubt I'd loose it, it's my b--ch now). I think I would definately replace it. It's always good to check out new amps, see what others have to offer, but the Spider II really is an excellent amp I'd know I'd be getting quality if I brought it again. The best thing about this amp I think is the effects and channels that come with it. Being able to switch between sounds and try new things instead of the same old plain sound really is a dream come true. But like I said time and time again I still wish it had come with a mid-balance between the grunch and metal models (rock model). If you ever get the chance definately check this baby out. It comes highly recommended from me and from what I can tell, alot of the people that have used it. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Mudllica, on july 14, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: The Spider II 112 was made in 2004. It is a fairly versatile amp for whatever style you wanna play, but it was made for rock. It has 7 effects with three being able to be on at once. It has four channels and you do not need a footswitch to change channels, but it helps. I use all of the features except the sweep echo, it is useless. I just play for fun and it has more power than I need, but it is a very affordable amp. // 10

Sound: Well my guitar broke and I'm playing with some kind of Peavey someone let me borrow and it looks like a strat, but it sounds great. It is perfect for Metallica and I have been able to get a Black Sabbath sounding tone too. It has 12 different amp models built in including: clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane, all of which do what they are supposed to do. The clean sound sounds very good to me in my opinion. The distoration will rip your balls off and through them against the wall. Trust me, make sure when you go to put on some reverb that you do not touch the volume switch or you will piss your pants. Putting this thing up past six is just wasting electricity because it is so loud. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have never done a give but I take it from my dad' house to my mom's house every week and it is still alive so. // 10

Overall Impression: This thing is perfect for any kind of rock, maybe even folk rock. I have been playing for about a year and my guitar sucks so I'm not gonna mention it. If it were lost or stolen, I could not afford another because I don't have a job. My favorite feature is the insane distoration. It is the perfect amp for me, and probably you and thats all I can say. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: askurmoran, on july 14, 2005

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: Well first of I have to say that this is one of the best amps I've ever owned. I think it was made in 2005. For me I don't think I'll ever need to buy any pedal ever again except for a wah has everything chorus/flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, and reverb. I play thrash, death metal, black metal, and classic rock like Pink Floyd so this amp fits me perfect. It has 4 channels that you can completely customize and save. It has channel switching but un fortunatley you can only use the foot swithers from Line 6 because they use an ether net cable but they are kind of cheap though they are like 20 bucks so I dont mind also has a headphone jack. Well I use this amp in my room but I had insulation and get sound proof windows so that I can crank it up at night but the only bad thing is that since I'm in a small space it gets a lot of feed back at high volume also you can get an extra footswitcher that gives you more channels on this amp and it has an expression pedal on it but the bad thing is that it's like 400 bucks. // 10

Sound: I use my Ibanez GIO 7-string with humbuckers (don't know what brand) and my BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 humbuckers in the bridge and the stock pickups at the neck at it sounds perfect for every thing I play. Although you get feed back at really high volume it's not really noisy because it has a built in noise gate so it blocks out those unwanted noises and the distortion is incredible it has more distortion than my Death Metal pedal, and my Tube Screamer put together it is just amazing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use in a gig with out a backup, the amp has never broken down on me but it is really heavy (no I mean really heavy and it's hollow on the inside too). // 8

Overall Impression: If someone stole it (even though I doubt it with it's weight) I would probably kick the person who stole it ass and then some more get him in jail then sue him and then kick his ass again well it fits nicely with my style of music so I probably would ever get rid of it well for the 3 years I've been playing it's best amp I've heard yet. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 02, 2005

Purchased from: Jakes Guitars

Features: I think this amp is pretty new; I wouldn't say any older than 2 years. It is extremely versatile, with channels varying from "blues" and "clean" to "metal" and "insane." I use this amp at home, for practicing; it can go as quiet as it can go loud, and that's saying something; 75 Watts of power don't just tickle your eardrums, they pound your face into mushy pulp. And it feels superb. // 10

Sound: I only play a Squier Showmaster, but it does have a humbucker pickup, which sonds great when I play over it on this amp. The Spider II 112 suits my style brilliantly; I play heavy metal music like Iron Maiden, but I also like older stuff like Led Zeppelin and Thin Lizzy. This excellent amplifier provides the style and tone perfectly for all of these. Not to mention the distortion, which is most prevalent in the "Insane" setting, which is also of a very high standard. I've only been playing a little over a year, but I know a quality amp when I see one; quality amp, ahoy! // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Spider II 112 has been faithful to me since the day I got it; it is consistently high-quality in every department, from the construction to the sound. It's just a great amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I first heard about this amp at William's guitar shop in the Metro Centre, where the guy told me not to bother with the Marshall one I was after at the time. I was sceptical at first, so I went on the official site and listened to some music samples of the different settings. I fell in love with it almost instantly; it almost seemed too good to be true; the price, I thought, was a little steep, so I went hunting for a less expensive one. I found it at Jake's Guitars at High Spen. As I said earlier, I've only been playing for just over a year, but I probably now own the best amp I'll use for years to come. If somebody stole this from me (which may prove difficult, as I only tend to use it at home; it is pretty heavy, making it difficult for a quick getaway) I would probably get another one (or hunt down the SOB that stole my original one), because it is such a good amplifier. I would advise anyone looking for a new amp to get this. The only problem I can think of is its weight; it is heavier than it needs to be; for 75 Watts, it is a monster. Overall, the ultimate 75 Watt amp. Get it. Now. Why are you still reading this? Go! // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Punk_MetalOrHC?, on september 05, 2005

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: I don't know what year it's from, but I bought it in 2005. It has 12 modelling amps, 7 effects (up to 3 at the same time), 4 user programmable channels, headphone exit and a direct out. It also has a built in tuner and you get a FBV2 footswitch with it, but I would upgrade to a FBV4 or higher if I had the money. It' s a very versatile amp; I can play anything from Weezer to Avenged Sevenfold or Alexisonfire. In metal you can change the sound radicaly by changing the mid button. Only the clean channel sounds a little electronic, but it could have been worse. For a 75 Watt amp it can be very loud, but when the volume is low it sounds a little clean in my opinion. // 8

Sound: I'm using a Strat copy on it and it sounds pretty good I think. An Epiphone LP Special also sounds very good trough it (my friend has one). I mostly use the metal and insane sound and it's perfect for me. It can be little noisy on low volume. I also get an annoying ticking coming out of it when the TV is on. If you wan't extreme distortion for death metal or something, you'll need a distortion pedal. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've played a couple of gigs with it (without a backup, cause I don't have an other amp for gigs) and it hasn't failed me yet. It has bumped quit a lot of walls and it has no damage except for a little chip of on the corner in transport. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a year and a half and this is a great amp for meif someone stole it I'd buy the bigger version. I wish I had more money when I bought it so I could have the bigger version immediately. It's a very good amp for the price (butt still I think its a little ugly). // 8

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: mark-do, on november 04, 2005

Purchased from: Axe Music

Features: This amp is awesome! It's got all the effects that you could ever want (chorus/flange, tremolo, phaser, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, and reverb). It also has 6 amp models you can choose from (clean, twang, bluse, crunch, metal, and insane). It's got 4 channels that you can set and switch between using the footswitch that it comes with. I play in a band with some guys from school and it works pretty good. The only downside is it's not as loud as some other 75 watt amps but it works. I play all kinds of music but mostly classic rock ( Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, ect). I also play some metal and even country. It works great for all styles of music, and plus its fun to screw around with all the effects. // 9

Sound: I use a 2005 american made Telecaster and a Fender Stratacoustic. Both sound great on this amp. The amp is very quiet even when on high distortion and cranked up. It suits all styles of music. I have also used my Boss Metal Zone MT-2 distortion pedal but it is definatly not needed as the amp has great distortion already. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've owned this amp for almost 2 years and it has not had a single thing wrong with it. I bring it almost everywhere I go and its not even scratched. Definatly reliable and yes I do gig with it without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this amp is awesome for anyone and any style of music. I've been playing for almost 3 years. Before this amp I had a Fender Frontman-15 and the Spider 2 blows it away by a mile. If it was ever stolen I would go and by another one ASAP. I can't live without it. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: adamstheman72, on november 21, 2005

Features: I belive that it is an 04, and overall I think that it is versitile for the types of music I play, mainly consisting of classic rock and comtemperay christian. The four channels are extreamly useful from swithing from a warm clean tone to killer distortion. The only draw back is the clean tones do not respond well to differences in stroke pressure. Overall the features are good, except for the tremolo which has to much of it or to less depending on how you set it. It has defenatly enough power for a practice amp and is borderline for small gigs. // 8

Sound: I use a Fender Standard Stratocaster, and it sounds Marvolous on the twang setting. If you turn it to a highly distorded chanell like "metal" it gets pretty noisy, but it has a noise gate that eliminateds that problem. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had it for 4 months and it's still working so only time will tell. // 10

Overall Impression: It is definaly a good match for classic rock and heavy metal, but not for clean. if it were stolen I would just get a Marshall because it just dosent take the cake on clean tones. The best part is the tape echo. Compared with other "effect amps" its the best, but not for serious music making. // 8

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 16, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: This amp is very nice. When I first played it I knew it would be awesome, and man was I pleased. I was able to get perfect tones for songs by all my favourite artists (notably Pantera, sounds so nice). With 4 foot-switchable channels and preset amp effects this amp kicks. Only thing I have against it is the fact that you can't turn off the reverb by footswitch. // 9

Sound: I've played this with an ESP Viper-50 and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and it sounds awesome. I use the ESP for metal/hard rock and the Epiphone for classic rock, blues and other stuff. I can get any tone I like with the 12 amp models and additional features. The amp has perfect volume controls, and the distortion always remains constant at either end of the scale with high volumes. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp a year and it hasn't broken once yet. I would definitely gig without a backup, but you can never be too careful. If I had to take a backup, it'd be another one of these babies. // 10

Overall Impression: Great amp. Definitely worth every penny paid. When used with my Line 6 Pod XT Live I can get great effects. The 4 channels are great for gigging, but could be more practical with 4 pedals (one for each channel), rather than moving along one at a time. I would definitely buy this amp again if it were lost or stolen. A great buy, which I am very pleased of. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Jer, on january 08, 2006

Features: I'm just going to get one thing straight right now because it's the reason why I'm doing this review. This amp is amazing for self-practice. It's got 12 amp models and 6 effects that you can altar. There are 4 user programmable channels and if you have the FBV4 like I do they are very useful. There are also 3 hidden features in the amp, tuner (which I think isn't very useful but I will explain later), noise gate, and distortion/overdrive boost. The tuner only works for Standard tuning and it doesn't really tune your guitar properly. The other downside is that this is mostly a metal amp and you can't tune to metal tunings. Other than that you have all your basic necessities, Drive, Bass, Mid, Treble, Reverb and a channel volume which comes in handy for playing late at night. There is also a direct line out/headphone jack. Unfortunately they are the same thing so if you plug something into it, it cuts off the sound to the main speaker. Anyway that pretty much covers the amps features. // 10

Sound: I use a Les Paul Gothic and I always use my bridge pickup while playing with distortion, but when I'm clean I use my neck pickup. I play a variety of music but mostly metal. Now I'm going to tell you right now. This amp is the fucking stortion in distortion. Personally I use a DigiTech Death Metal pedal for my distortion and I get a tube tone with it. This amp's clean and clear as a spring morning. I have read reviews on this amp and people say that the clean isn't to great. But I think you have to fuck with it for a while to get the tone you want. They obviously have to learn how to bring out the best in an amp. This amps sound is great until you turn it up more than a quarter way. After you go past the 3rd dot, your going to start getting shitty sound. This amp has way too much power for its own good. If you want power for a band or a gig go out and get the half stack it will be amazing sounding and the cheapest half stack you can get. If you just want to chill and practice then this is the amp for you. It's got all of the effects and distortions you need right there ready and portable. It's also a very quick setup, no hassling with wires and pedals. Overall I give this amp a 10 in sound (But only in the range of the 1st and 3rd dot). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp has been through quite a bit from me. I have pushed it to the point of burning, jumped on it, stood on it, dropped it, banged it around walls and shit and it still looks and sounds great. It doesn't even have any dings in it from the walls. But the walls on the other hand got this shit beaten out of them. This amp will last you a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and this is definitely a metal amp. The looks, sound, and balls of it just scream metal. If this amp was stolen from me, let's just say that I would hunt the person down, strap him/her to the ground put my amp beside them and blow their head off with it. And I would never lose an amp. How do you lose and amp? What I hate about this amp is the tuner and the fact that it breaks apart when it's loud. I have compared it to other products and the Line 6 Spider II 112 kicks all of its competition in the nuts. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Stratman John, on march 09, 2006

Features: My amp came with the footswitch included. This is not always the case. The only downside to this is that you can only cycle through the 4 channels with the standard footswith which is a sod if you gig with this amp. Personally, I rarely play outside of my bedroom so this isn't really a problem for me. This is the only thing preventing it from getting the full marks but ofcourse you can buy the upgraded footswitch and your problems are solved! // 9

Sound: I mostly play metal and rock etc. Trivium, Mastodon, Sabbath, Foos, Incubus etc. Combined with my Ibanez RG370 this amp can cope with anything I throw at it in the metal genre using the green insane setting and just adjusting the effects and bass, mid and treble. Of course there are 11 other amp models to play with. The standard metal models cope well with classic rock and the Crunch setting is best for styles similar to Foo fighters etc. plus with all the effects built in you can get pretty much any sound out of it you could possibly require. The only slight qualm is the clean setting needs a little tampering with to get a truly crystal clean tone out of it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp about 5-6 months and I've had nothing but completely reliable service from it. Can't really say anything other than this. I might be knit picking here but the I and O marks are wearing off the on/off switch ever so slightly thats the onlt thing I can think of with regard to durability. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I love this amp! It's got everything in one box. My favourite feature is simply the vast array of different settings. 12 amp models and 6 effects mean that if you're patient you'll find the exact tone you're looking for in there somewhere. If I could add anything to it it would have to be a built in octave effect to go along with all the others, but when most amps don't give you any effects this is hardly a problem. If this amp were lost or stolen then I would not hesitate to replace it with the same model. However I would save my money and buy the FBV express footswitch which allows you at access the tuner and all 4 channels and a whole host of other bits and bobs without having to walk back to the amp. Which is always good. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 10, 2006

Purchased from: Second Hand

Features: I got this amp second hand but in new condition because the guy I bought it of didn't play it much (guess it didn't have what he was looking for). This amp is the best for the style I play. I mainly play metal which is one of the great things about this amp. I feel Line 6 have realy nailed the metal sound. You can sound like metallica no problem. It has 12 channels (clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane) two for each. There are a whole bundle of effects and stuff aswell that are quite fun to use. I like the phase and delay. I use this amp at band practice against a drumkit, bass amp and another Line 6 and I can hear it fine. Also the sound quality gets better when its louder I find. // 10

Sound: I play with a Maverick F3 and a Jim Dunlop Wah wah pedel. This amp suits my style perfectly and I'm saving up for the stack. The metal sound is really nice and the clean sound is really warm. I like the blues for the variation but I was slightly disapointed with the crunch setting. I was hoping it would be a bit more punk style but I just bought another distortion pedel. Which sounds awsome through this! For all those distortion loving nutters out there the 'Insane' channel has a ridiculously high level of distortion which is quite fun but I dont use that in my band or for the stuff I play however it may appeal to some. // 9

Reliability & Durability: So far I've had no problems with this amp. I've had it 3 months now and it's still really good even though I got it wet carrying outside once! I know stupid but I had to take it home from band practice. I havnt gigged with it yet but I will do soon and it came with a foot switch which is relly handy and works perfectly as well. I really recommend getting a foot switch for this amp, I'm am going to get the 'express' bassically has a tuner and some stuff. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a perfect match for my style of music, I love to play stuff by Metallica and in my band both me and the rhythm guitarist have Line 6 Spider 2 amps. They sounds great together, you get a good rhythm and lead sound from it. I have been playing 16 months now and have owned two amps before this one. I have played through many amps but this one really shines through as sounding great! My favourate thing about this is how good the wah pedel sounds through it. It sounds really good and I've tried the wah pedel through multiple amps! I also really like the flanger on it. It sounds really good with the metal channel. Lost of stolen I would but this again (probably the stack if I had the money). // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Synyster Gates, on march 31, 2006

Features: This amazing 2004 amp reallly blasts out the walls in my house. I've heard alot of crap about this amp and I will give you this. If you can really pump out the cash then you might be happier with something else, Randall, Marshall or for the bigboys bogner and Peavey. But for a practice amp it really brings it home. It's one of the best and loudest solid state amps I've ever heard and the bass mid and treble knobs are really quite usefull for tweaking. It has 4 channels and a headphone jack, I was dissapointed with the channels, you have to crank out 80 more dollars for a footswitch and the knobs arent designed that great for the FX. Other than that its a great sounding amp. // 9

Sound: I play a Schecter C1-FR modded with SH-8 invader pickups and it gives a real mean sound. I play all types of metal and rock so its very fitting for me. It has a noise gate feature on the reverb so sometimes turning that up can be useful just for that. My clean sounds arent that great but that's because my pickups naturally distort them a bit so I use an acoustic simulator. It has a wide variety of sound especially with the amp models built in. The distortion has 2 features. Normally when you turn it up you get a standard amp distortion. But when you hold down the tap button it changes it to a dirtier, and better sounding (in my opinion) distortion, like what you get out of a pedal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use it in a gig since its a practice amp but the halfstack version I probably would use. For gigs I bust out the Peavey 6505 (much saving up and birthday/Christmas money) but its a very reliable little amp. At 75 watts it can really blast out the chords and solos so its a got plenty of use on my part. If I play a small place actually ill even use it and just raise the volume on it. This amp has never failed me and never broken down for any reason. // 10

Overall Impression: For the type of metal I play this amp is very good at giving me a really gritty sound. I've been playing for 10 years. I also own a Peavy 6505+ (I think thats what it's called, 6506 something). It has no serious flaws that cant be remedied witha footswith and I love that about it. If it were stolen I would definetly buy another one. I chose this over Marshall practice amps, Marshalls just don't have that terrific distortion to me. I do with it had better setup for its effects however as the knobs are pretty easy to turn. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 01, 2006

Purchased from: sam ash

Features: Made in 2004, I think that the Line 6 Spider 112 is an absolutely solid amp. It is also the perfect amp for me. I can go from playing Stairway To Heaven, to some Metallica, to some BB King flawlessly, with no transition, thanks to the footswitch/presets. I can use this amp anywhere, and it plays perfectly, with out any rumble or feedback when cranked high. // 10

Sound: I am using this amplifier with a Washburn X-10, and an ESP LTD EX-102. It suits my music styles perfectly, especially since it isn't made for just one style of playing. I go from slow/soft rock, to blues, to metal, to black metal, to simple punk. And it flawlessly exhibits sheer hard work and determination on Line 6's part. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would rely on this amp in rain, thunder and lightning. I would definately rock a gig with no backup with this amp. And no, this amp has never broken down on me, and I don't think it ever will. It is a solid amp, all the way through. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal, and it is perfect for what I want it for. I have only been playing for two years, and I started off with a Marshall MGD-10. After getting really good on that, using no harmonics or anything, simply because it was too cheap of an amp to do them with, and then going to this, I sound like a pro! I have had many people come to my house impressed with how well I play for only 2 years under my belt, and I would definately suggest that the amp helped alot with that. If this amp was stolen from me, I wouldnt even hesitate to go and buy another one, that same day. I love practically everything about this amp. Probably my favorite feature is that I can go from clean, to blues, to crunch, to insane metal. You can not compare this machine to any other amp. It is a prodigy all in its own, honestly. Buy this amp. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: FyReBallMinistr, on april 07, 2006

Purchased from: Guitar center(used)

Features: I like the features on this amp. It's my 3rd amp but my others were 15 watts. I think if this was a package for effects only I would buy it. It has 4 slots for saving presets, it also has a tuner, and best of all the insane effect. Disgusting overdrive. // 8

Sound: The sound is amazing not right away but after you mess with the presets you can start hearin what you want. I play mostly classic rock and acoustic rock which is kinda good and kinda bad. I use a BC Rich Warlock Bronze but custom you cannot make this sound acoustic but other then that it can make any sound. And no buzzing and feedback. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had this amp for about 2 months and its running fine also there is no physical damage. Not to mention it was used for I dunno how long. // 10

Overall Impression: I like this amp there is not many different amps this good for this price. I've been playing for 2 years, and if this was stolen I would buy it again but if it broke down I wouldn't. I love the insane distortion. I think it's fine how it is. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: bigboizak, on may 01, 2006

Purchased from: Sam Ash Music Store-Tampa FL

Features: The Line 6 Spider is simply amazing! I only use it for mainly metal and punk rock, but I'm sure it suits mostly any type of style you are trying to play, becuase of the 6 different settings it has. It has 4 channels, and you can either change the channel by stomping on your foot Switch that you pay 30 bucks for, or simply pressing the button on your Line 6. It has plenty of effects, flange, phaser, etc. I use this amp at my band practices, and at home just to play, and it is a beast, loud enough for practices, and I'm guessing loud enough for gigs. Plenty of power. // 10

Sound: Right now I am using my Epiphone Les Paul Standard and ESP Viper 50 with it, both with humbuckers, and its ounds like a beast. I play '80s Metal, Exodus, Megadeth, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc. And it sounds most excelelent for any of those styles. I also play some heavy metal, Avenged Sevenfold, Children Of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, etc. and it sounds awesome with those too. You can pretty much make this amp sound like anything you want it too, so you have no need to go out and by a distortion pedal. It has 6 settings Clean Twang Blues Crunch Meal and Insane, which like I said can help you get any kind of sound out of it. The clean channel isnt even tho most distorted when put on a high volume, I have used it in band practice to play "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," "The Ballad Of Jane" etc. and it sounds absolutley beautiful! The distortion is absolutley amazing also, if your looking for that death metal, heavy metal, etc. sound, this amp is perfect, and than with a touch of a button your back too your '80s metal, clean etc. sound. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have not used it in a gig yet. But I'm sure it would be just fine. And I haven't had it long, but no problems so far. So I'll just give it a 10. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said it will match any type of music you are looking for. I have been playing for about 2 years now, and I think this amp is perfect for startes, or the people Who have been playing for a while. If my Spider was stolen, I would most deffinetley go out and buy a new one. I had a Marshall MG 15 CD Series before buying this one, with a Line 6 distortion pedal, and the Spider sounds 10 times better, without the pedal than the Marshall did with the pedal. So if your looking for a great amp with features, I'm telling you, this amp is perfect. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 19, 2006

Features: The Line 6 Spider II 112 combo has 12 amp models and 7 different effects. 75 watts. It has two different sounds from 6 options. there's two modes for each amp model (red/green). Clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. It has a tuner, Distortion boost and a sound gate. The effects: delay, chorus flanger, phaser, tremolo, sweep echo and tape echo. 3 each per knob, in other words 1 knob = 3 effects and there's two knobs, yeah you get the idea. // 10

Sound: I use a Fender Squirer Strat. Hopefully, it'll sound better when you use other guitars, but I usually play different rock genres. When you first use the amp I'll admit it can get a bit confusing, but read the manual! It helps! well when you want a kickass sound, just up the "channel volume" knob at least halfway, and then up your master volume so it'll be loud and you won't have the blast the master volume. While doing that, use the noise gate. Hold down the small blakc button between the 2nd effects knob and the reverb knob. Hold it down long enough and turn the reverb knob halfway then you'll see the channel D button light up indicating that it has been activated and ready for use. This helps cut down on that buzz sound which is very useful (and if you want a cool distortion boost it's the same thing juss turning the drive knob more than halfway and the channel A button lights up). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I depend on it like anything. It'll mostly likely come through, the only thing I wish is that it came with a Line 6 express FBV foot controller. my amp has never broken down and I doubt it will. I giged it once. but that was when I didn't really know how to reveal its full potential but when I play it now a days it sounds way better than the last time I used it on stage. So just play around with it and youll get the hang out it. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is compatiable with any genre u please. I've been playing for about a year now and I feel much better with this Line 6 amp. still would be very cool if it came with the Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller. Would've made me cry with happiness but then again haven't tried it out yet so I don't really recommend buying it so try it out for yourself and then decide whether to buy it or not. I love everything about this amp. All its features kick so much ass and those who don't really know how to operate it and say it sucks then ha your lost pal! It could've been your best friend. I hope that if I get a half stack itll sound the same as this amp. I would also recommend the The Line 6 Spider II 212. Its the same thing just has 2 12" Custom Celestion speakers and thats a lot of sound. And bit more heavier but yeah I would definetly recommend this amp to Line 6 fans either the Spider 112 or the Spider 212. Both are pretty good. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: backtothe70s, on may 29, 2006

Purchased from: forstarkar doktorn(amp dr) :P

Features: Made in 2004. this amp can really give you some great metal sound with it's 75watts. Not what I mostly play. Most rock for me but this amp does it good(pitty its not a valve amp tough) It has 6 channels clean, rockabilly, blues, crunch, metal and insane with 2 presets for eatch sound, one softer, less distorted and one with more punch in it. It as 6 effects, 2 at once and a separate reverb knob. They works good but could be better. The 75watts is more than enough for me since I only play at home. It's really easy to use, no manual needed exept when you going to use the noise gate etc. // 8

Sound: The sound is well enough, it would be perfect it it would come an valve version of it. I use it with my '66 Fender Mustang (2 singel coil) Line 6 is at it best with much distortion and I guess it sound better also with humbuckers. Not noisy at all in the beginning but now after about 3 months it has begun to give some buzz from it when not playing. It could be my cord but its not so loud that it disturbs me, when I play it disapears. This amp really does it's thing at high distorted tones. It could have better clean sound. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I feel I really can depend on this amp, its loud enough to make a smaller gig but if your going bigger then take a look at the 212 model. I haven't had any troubles with this amp yet and havent crank it up so much yet but it will come and I dont think it will break down then. It's built to take a hit. // 9

Overall Impression: Been playing for about 3 years soon and this was actully my first serios amp, and I dont have much of experience with amps but this one works good for me and seems to do it for others to. I don't think I would by a new one if it was stolen (always hated this question) its to expensive compared to what you get, not worth it. You "'70 rock 'n' rollers" (like me) search for something else like I'm going to in a year, this is not what you are looking for, but you metal heads go for it! I think you will love it. // 7

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Jaguarman, on june 07, 2006

Purchased from: Victor's House of Music

Features: The features on this amp make it probably the most versatile amp ever made. With 12 amp models, 7 effects, good EQ and gain controls, and the ability to set 4 custom channels, the possibilities are endless. The channels are 2 each of clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. The effects are easy to control. The 75 watts getsloud enough for small gigs, great for recording. Bonus for me is the effects loop. // 10

Sound: Using it with a wide array of Fender guitars, I got super sweet tone. But I have to say that the guitar's tone was nowhere near as much of a tone factor as the amp itself. This thing could make a $90 tinny souding peice of crap sound like a freakin Gibson. You can dial in rich, smooth blues tones, crisp ringing clean tones a la U2, or some of the most outrageous distortion you can imagine. You can play jazz to metal and anything in between. I do not like the "red" insane channel much, because it has extreme ditortion with a sub-octave fuzz thrown in, making it sound like nothing more than a vomiting headbanger. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This amp has served me through 3 gig-filled years with no problem. It sounds great all the time, and I'vre never needed a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play any type of rock, and this thing suits them all. My effects pedals are virtually non-existent thanks to this amp (except for my Crybaby, one of the few things that the Spider doesn't do). I couldn't imagine playing without this. I love the versatility. Features that might be found by combining 6 or 7 amps are all in this one. IN one word, this amp is godly. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: tms1108, on july 19, 2006

Features: This is a 2004 amp that can literally do it all. I am still finding out what it can do and it has been months since I bought it. It has 4 programable channels, 12 amp models, 6 effects in which two can be used simultaneously and controlled by the ever so popular tap tempo button. I also purchased the FBV express which switches between four channels with the 4 buttons (one for each) and a volume control/wah pedal. // 10

Sound: I will be buying a Les Paul deluxe soon but I currently playing a Washburn Dime V. It has double humbucker pickups which are perfect for this amp. I play mostly Led Zeppelin, Classic Rock, and Pearl Jam. I cannot be more pleased. I can go from the smooth angelic sound of stairway to heaven to the hard driving riff in whole lotta love without even touching a knob. What an amp! // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's like a cement block you can plug your guitar into, it doesn't break, it only gets better and stronger every time. // 10

Overall Impression: I will recommend this amp to any style player. It could accomodate the blues player, bluegrass, metal/shred, and the all around classical player. I would definately buy another one. My favorite features are the programmable channels that rembember your presets and the tap tempo button. I'm going to go play it now! // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: ibanezrg120plyr, on august 01, 2006

Features: I think that this amp was made in 2005. This amp is versatile enough to play any style of music on. I play classic rock, rock, blues, metal, and this amp is versatile enough to play these styles. This amp has four different channels (a-d). This amp has an effects loop, which includes chorus/flange, phaser, tremelo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo, reverb, and a noise gate. Three of these effects can be used at once. This amp has a headphone jack. I use this amp for jaming with freinds and I use it for practice. This amp has plenty of power, for jaming, small gigs, and practice. This amp is 75 watts and is solid state. This amp features a celestion 12" speaker. // 10

Sound: I use an Ibanez RG120 (which I highly recommend, and you can read my review on that under electric guitars) with two humbuckers. This music suits any style I through at it. My styles are classic rock, blues, and metal. The amp can make a ton of sounds. It comes with 6 different amp models, clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. Each of these have a second model built in as well, so the amp actually comes with 12 models. The clean channel remains the same at 10 as it does at 2 so, no it does not become distorted at high levels. The distortion can be any where from a nice warm clean tone, to a balls to the wall death metal tone. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp is extremely reliable and extremely durable. I could definetly depend on this amp, and I would use it at a gig without a back up. The amp has never broken down. I have slammed this amp into walls, cars, and anything else that got into my way as I was walking with it and it is still holding together well. // 10

Overall Impression: I play classic rock, metal, and blues. This amp is a great match. I have been playing for 5 years. I own an acoustic simulator, a smallc clone analog chorus, and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. I wish a would have asked if this amp would be on sale soon, because about a month after I bought it it went on sale for $200.00. If this amp were stolen or lost I would just go one step up and buy a 212 instead of the 112. The things that I love about this amp is the versatility and the Celestion. I hate nothing about this amp. The only thing that I wish this amp had was a celestion greenback instead of a regular celetion 12". // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: rafarquhar, on august 22, 2006

Features: I'll just say: I absolutley love this amp. You can have your own 4 preset channels, and have them set however you like. There is also 12 different amp models, and seven effects. I like all of the amp models, though the red "insane" model doesn't really fit anything I do. The effects are useful, but obviously aren't as high-quality as pedals. I play just about everything, and this is a very versitile amp. It's also very loud, loud enough for small gigs, but at the same time, retains tone. The amp also has an output jack, which I haven't used yet. Also, it might be noted that the amp has a built in noise-gate and tuner, which both work quite well. // 9

Sound: I'm playing an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top though my Spider, and I personally think it sounds great. I play all styles of music, and the amp is very versitile. I do get some feedback, but that's just because I need a new cable, and the built-in noise gate feature helps cut that down. The amp, I think, delivers very good tones, from nice cleans to heavy distortion. This amp can reach a crazy level of distortion; some say that the distortion sounds digital, but I don't think so. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a rock. It's a solid 40 pounds, and I'd be pretty sure you could throw a baseball at this thing and you wouldn't be able to tell. My amp has never broken down either. It's a very nice piece of equipment, and I would definatley use it in a gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp fits me perfectly. I've been playing for about a year now, and this is my second amp, next to a Fender Frontman 15G. Needless to say, this thing blows it away. It's got all that I need for quite awhile, and it fits me perfectly. Many people don't like Spider II's; I say, don't listen to them, and play one yourself. I'm pretty sure you'll be surprised. I love this amp; it's inexpensive, loud, and has a very high distortion. Great value. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: led_zep_00, on august 25, 2006

Features: I bought this amp in 2004 when I was fairly knew at guitar and wasn't very educated. I mainly puirchased it because it was cheap and because all the different effects and settings. The amp has tons of cool stuff you can do but it's all pretty bad quality stuff. solid state amp which really kills tone. Celestion speaker. 6 effects, 12 amp settings. Bonus: when you turn it on it's like a christmas tree! // 9

Sound: Although it posses many effects and amp models it all sounds thin. I play a Gibson Les Paul through it and it sounds decent but not nearly as good as it does on some of the nicer amps. The distortion on the setting insane is pretty much the most distortion you could ever want, making this amp good for heavier styles of music. But again being solid state it doesnt't sound very good and it feeds back like crazy on the higher distortion channels. Another let down is that the volume gets loud fast from 1-5 but once the knob reaches 12 o'clock there is bairly and difference from there to full volume. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I have used this amp for four gigs and every time about 30 minutes in at 3/4 volume it gets all weird. It doesnt't completely blow but it cuts its volume in half and can produce no more ditortion which really sucks. I would never use this amp at a gig but I have 0 cash so I'm pretty screwed. It's not loud as stated above so you couldnt use it for large shows. // 4

Overall Impression: I play classic rock, blues, and metal type stuff like Iron Maiden. This amp is pretty terribly for that but is ok for heavier stuff. I have been playing for about 3 years and have this amp and another crappy practice amp (I need a knew amp) and a Les Paul. If someone stole it ide be pissed because it was 350 dollars but I'd probabaly go out and buy a Marshall half stack or Peavey half stack or another tube amp. To wrap this amp up: the different setings keep you amused until you realize the sound is no good. // 5

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Descendent-182, on september 19, 2006

Features: The Line 6 Spider II 112 has six amp models: clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal and insane. It also has four channels for saving sounds you create. The effects are chorus/flange, phaser, tremola, delay, tape echo, and sweep echo. The only thing that isn't that great about the effects is that you can only use two at a time. I use this amp for gigs and practices and it's never let me down. It's also got a headphone jack and direct out recording. // 8

Sound: The Spider II 112 can be used for any music style: punk, metal, blues, rock, etc. What's really good about this amp is that clean doesn't get all distorted at loud volumes. The distortian on insane mode is well, insane. It has the most distortian you'll ever get on any amp. This amp also is the loudest 75 watt amp you'll ever play. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had my Spider II for about 6 months and it's still in mint condition. It's never broken down or anything, but I've only had it for a short time so I'll have to see. I'd play this at a gig without a back up guitarist no problem this amp is very reliable. // 8

Overall Impression: If this amp was lost or stolen I would definitly buy it again. This is the perfect amp for any novice or pro. It is a little expensive, but it's worth every cent. If you want a great sounding near perfect amp the Line 6 Spider II 112 is the amp for you. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: supergerbil, on october 25, 2006

Purchased from: Soundcontrol

Features: First of all, it is amazing. It has 12 amp models: 2 clean, 2 twang, 2 blues, 2 crunch, 2 metal and 2 insane although you can program your own. It has chorus flange, a phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo and reverb. And on the delay, tape echo and sweep echo it has a button you tap the the time into. This button also, when held down, turns the tuner on. It is a 75 watt solid state amp. You can program 4 custom settings which can be changed using the foot pedal provided. E.g. a clean one for rythym, a metal one for solos, a crunch one for 5th chords and a twang one for other things. You can set different volumes for each of these and control all of them using the master volume. It has a 3 band equaliser (treble, mid, and bass) and a Drive control. // 10

Sound: I have a Gibson Les Paul Studio with humbuckers(obviously). The sound is fantastic. my favourite "clean tone" is the twang with no Drive. It is very clear, but the low notes have a rumble like quality. I used to play mainly rock, but since the metal settings sound so good, I can't help it. They have ear pierceing high notes and soul-crusing low notes. Palm muting sounds great on these settings aswell. The insane setting with the phaser on sounds totally different to anything I've ever heard. It soung like someone gargulling with distortion! And at high volume the clean channels don't distort. They still stay crystal clean. The chorus flange sounds great on the clean tones. Go to the blues settings on the rythym pickup with the tone dial set to zero and you think you're in a 1950's blues peformance. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is so reliable. The only time I thought it was broken was when someone kicked it out of anger, and even then only the cable plugged into it had gone. Never broken yet and being played for about 2 hours a day week in week out. I don't need a back up as I can trust it far futher than I can throw it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, fantastic! Suits every style of music you can think of. If it was lost or stolen, it would be bought again instantly. My favourite feature is the twang setting. It can be clean or distorted depending on your tone setting. The only fault I can find is that old people say it "doesn't go quiet enough". // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: swissman1, on february 23, 2007

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: I'm not entirely sure when this amp was made. Maybe 2002-03. I wanted an amp that was cheap, reliable, and just plain fun to play; so I looked into Line 6. I play just about anything I can and this beast of an amp is flexible to all kinds of music (blues, funk, punk, classic rock, metal, etc.) It also boasts 4 user-programmable channels that are completely customizable to your musical needs. Even if you get knocked out of tune, there's an on-board tuner built right into the interface. And if things get to intense for those around you, there's a headphone jack to keep the music all to yourself. I still haven't really used it in a concert setting, though I will soon and I doubt it'll fail me in anyway. // 10

Sound: I haven't been playing that long (2 years) so I use an Epiphone Les Paul 100 with it. Like I said before, this amp is fit for all kinds of styles. There are 12 amp models (2 blues, 2 clean, 2 twang, 2 crunch, 2 metal, and 2 insane) and 7 effects (chorus/flanger, tape echo, delay, sweep echo, phaser, tremelo, and reverb) which can be played up to 3 at a time. It's absolutely perfect for metal-heads and jazz musicians alike. I expected this amp to have not that clear sound, but when I first strummed my guitar, it was crystal clear. The metal distortion is great but a tad lighter than the insane setting, which is actually more suitable for metal player in my opinion. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This amp seems like it can pull it's own weight. It has in fact slipped out of my hands a few times, but still plays like the day it came out of the box. I can most certainly depend on this amp during a gig. But if it's a fairly big show, you might want to get a larger model. // 9

Overall Impression: I play anything I can, but mostly punk and metal and thank god for Line 6! This thing is absolutely perfect! I play a Epiphone Les Paul 100 and use a Line 6 FBV Shortboard with this amp and they all coincide perfectly with each other. Musician's Friend did a great job with all the specs of the amp so I had no important questions except for "when will you get more in stock?" If this thing was stolen or lost, I would work my ass off like I did to get it in the first place. The only thing I'd replace it for would be a bigger model for bigger shows. I love just about everything this amp has to offer. Only thing is, it's pretty damn heavy; 42 lbs to be exact. The feature I bought this amp for is all the effects and amp models that come built in. Originally, I was leaning towards a Fender Frontman 25w and some Danelectro pedals, but when my tutor told me about Line 6, I had to look into it. The reason I chose this one was because it came with everything I wanted and more (50 watts more) and it didn't hurt how I saved myself about $150. If you want a great sounding reliable amplifier that won't cost you a pretty penny, Line 6 is the way to go. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: RHCP rock!!, on february 26, 2007

Purchased from: sound cotrol leicester

Features: This amps pretty good, even my Squier Strat sounds good out of it. I played a few different guitars through it in the shop and they all sound amazing through it. There's 12 different presets which are all quite good, although 1 of the insane modes has a constant tremolo you can't turn off. There's also 7 other effects including reverb, tremolo and loads more I can't remember, have a look on the site for the rest. I only play in my bedroom and if I turn it up past about 4 I get a few complaints from my parents! So when I start gigging I'd gess it has enough power for small venues, but if I started playing in larger venues, I'd have to go for the 212. // 8

Sound: I play a Squier Strat with single coil pickups, and the only downside is that it sounds a bit tinny, so I have to turn up the bass more than usual. The amp has an excellent variety of sounds ranging from a crisp sounding clean to an incredible insane mode. To get a good feel of how good this amp sounds you'd have to go and try it out in a shop or something. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely use this in a gig without a backup, as it's got a very strong feel about it, it feels like it was built to last. Plus I'm skint so I couldnt afford a backup. It's never broken and I've had it nearly a year so I've got a very good feeling about it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly pop punk/ alternative and a bit of emo and it suits all of them perfectly. I've bin playing for just over 2 years now and it's perfect for what I need. I only own this and a Squier Strat, although I should be getting an Epiphone les paul when I get the money. But overall it's a great amp and definitely worth the money (but I brought it in a sale, it usualy costs 229 quid). // 8

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: tunnock, on march 21, 2007

Purchased from: Sound Control

Features: The Spider II 112 at 75 Watts is pretty bitchin'. Four savable channels so if you find a sound you like you can save it. Has channel switching. Has a built in tuner. Lots of powerful affects (flange, phaser, tremolo, delay, tape echo, sweep echo and reverb). The dials have no numbers (the one major pain in le derriere I've found). In order to channel change (unless you want to run over to your amp and press the button) an additional pedal is required. The tuner can only tunes to standard (problem has been solved with the Spider III). // 7

Sound: I currently have been playing a Stagg F300 and tend to play mostly metal but play some classical and blues occassionally. The cleanest channel I've found is not that clean as it seems to have a bit of unwanted reverb but every other setting sounds great. My two favourite features of this amp are the distortion which is like "primal concrete sledge hammer to the face" and the wierd sounds you can get by setting the fx dial between settings. There's a really cool one that sounds kinda like a roar if you stick the fx dial between phaser and tremolo which I love. The volume is very impressive for the Wattage as well as I can't even stand in the same room when it's above (if it had numbers on it) 6 outa 10. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never had any problems with it for the year and a half I've owned it. Everything works just as well as when I bought it. For switching between channels Live you really need a pedal but that's not really a problem. I wouldn't use it by itself on a large gig just because of volume limitations. // 10

Overall Impression: The Spider II 112 is ideal for the stuff I play. I've been playing for about 3 years and recently bought a crybaby which adds even more to the bitchin' sound it produces. I would strongly recommend this amp as a cheaper option to the Spider III which builds upon the Spider II but is a bit more expensive. My only complaint is the clean channel isn't crystal clear but it's still pretty damn good. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: groovyjdawg, on may 07, 2007

Purchased from: ebay

Features: From my understanding it is like a 2004. This amp has a lot of things you can do with it. I can sit there and mess with it for hours just based on sound alone. I don't like to play really loud that often but when I do this amp more then fulfills my need for loud music. It can get really loud and also can be pretty quiet having a master volume and a channel volume. It has Clean, Twang, Blues, Crunch, Metal and Insane. And they can be mixed together to create a different sound. It also has Chorus, Delay, Reverb and a bunch of other effects to add. Oh yeah, and a built in tuner. Very helpful. You can also mess with things and save on the buttons which makes things a little faster. There are four buttons you can set different sounds on. // 10

Sound: I play an Ibanez 5EX 1 I mainly use my bridge pick up. I play mostly metal, alternative, and punk. It isn't really noisy. But on the Insane setting it gives a lot of unwanted feedback. The clean channel isn't as good as I would have hoped it to be, but I mainly have it on metal anyway. The Metal setting is badass, The distortion is awesome. It just sucks having to stop playing to change how it sounds. It would be helluv a lot easier with a pedal. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would depend on this thing if I ever had the courage to get in front of people and play. Obviously you couldn't play a huge gig but a small gig, I believe this amp would be awesome. This amp has never broken down, the only problem I have ever had with it was actually because I was using a bad cable that kept cracking. Gt a new cable and problem was fixed. // 10

Overall Impression: As I said I usually play metal, alternative and punk. This amp is perfect for the music that I play. I have been playing for about 7 months. I also own a Crate amp, and an Ibanez acoustic/electric. If it were stolen I would be pissed, but I would end up getting the same one but probably a Spider III just because those have a helluv a lot of presets compared to this one. love it because it can be used for everything and friends are usually blown away by how many things you can mess with on it. the only thing I have is that you have to stop playing to change the sound. My favorite feature would have to be the metal channel, because it sounds so badass. I wish it had a pedal. // 10

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: anoreorcist12, on august 23, 2007

Features: Well, for the money I'd have to say it's not that bad. It gets me through what I want to play, which ranges from blues to metal to classic rock. It has presets labeled: clean, twang, blues, crunch, metal, and insane. I must say I didn't like the factory presets and quickly changed them. The insane setting was way to sloppy despite how I played and the twang setting just sounded weird. If you're just messing around with effects it's great considering there's a lot, but they're not that great. You can save your presets. Up to four can be saved at once. It's decent, but if you're serious you may want to go with a better brand. // 6

Sound: It's decent. Not the best, but you can get a decent sound out of it if you do a little tweaking. It basically will work with any music style. I suppose this is unavoidable, but there's a lot of feedback when I turn up the distortion as well as some fuzz. It's not really bad though. I've never turned the thing up all the way for fear of breaking windows. It's surely loud enough for practice and small clubs and whatnot. // 8

Reliability & Durability: When they pack these things they really pack them good. I had a tough time unraveling the thing once I cut the box off of it. I suppose it's pretty drop proof even without it though. (I don't advise it). Sometimes the nut around the input gets loose, but I'm just lazy and haven't tightened it.I wouldn't complain about it. // 10

Overall Impression: I get by with it considering I rarely play outside of my house, but if you're serious about playing go for something other than Line 6. If it were stolen or lost I'd probably go with a better brand like Marshall or something of that nature. It's still a great beginner amp if you're not sure if you are going to really get serious. This can help you get a taste of just about any style of music. // 7

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: Sakrimo, on december 24, 2007

Purchased from: Electro Music

Features: A solid practice amp, useful for all style's of music. For me I played primarily punk/post hardcore with it but also Metal and some balad work. The main part to bear in mind with this amp is it is perfect for anyone who isn't currenty ready for gigging. My guess is you can pick them up dirt cheap now, and nothing would could touch this amp when I had it for practice use. At gig level you have to bring down the distortian but it can still handle it but after 3 gigs I had to upgrade! // 8

Sound: I use a Ibanez Prestige 2570E with stock pickups and she sounds as good as ever, polystyne block cut in half sits under the amp to tilt it up towards the air to compete against the half stack for practices. Amazing sound on recording with microphone. Keep her steady at 12 on the volume though. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've used this amp without a backup for gig's before, and each time it's got me through it but you really need a half stack for gigs. Practice's no problems. The only time I broke it was being silly and showing off. You cannot upgrade this amplifier to handle bass frequencies. I put her on full blast with a transister and the effects running with a bass amp, however foolish it seems now and it blew out. But if you kept it at 12 then you should be OK!! But that with a bass guitar at a loud practice isn't enough. // 8

Overall Impression: Great, made me get the half Stack. I've been playing for 3 years and if I had this stolen then I would definately make it my life mission to find who took it and kill him. But that's mostly because of the emotional attachment I've grown to have with the amp. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: rbj1313, on october 27, 2008

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: I didn't read the the book that came with this amp at all, but from what I read on the internet, it was made in 2004. In my opinion, this amp is VERY versatile... just not quick. If you are going to play a song in just one tone lets say, for instance, metal? Have at it. But, lets say you are going to write a song that starts clean then climaxes to a metal solo? That really isn't going to fly Live if you don't have the footswitch. But, other than that, this amp has effin' everything. Reverb, built-in tones to start with, different Echoes and delays, storage buttons for tones you made, and effects. Plus, this one speaker amp is loud enough to blow a hole in a solid lead wall. That's always a plus. // 9

Sound: I am using the Line 6 Spider II 112 with an Epi Silverburst Les Paul with an EMG 81 in the bridge and an EMG 85 in the neck. (You can already tell what style of music I play.) This amp, in my opinion, was made for distortion. It sounds awesome. Period. Even before the p-up mod on my axe it sounded awesome. Then you have the clean channel. The clean channel I think is alright. It does have a little reverb in it no matter what, but hey, that's not THAT bad. Also, you can audibly tell this amp is very digitized. During some unison bends you can sometimes hear the old school 8-bit Mario bleeps and blips. it's not bad, but it's not good either... it's just when you notice it when you're headbanging all over your postered room. Total buzzkill. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This amp is pretty much my loyal dog. It's been everywhere with me. Playing the National Anthem at school activities and gigs. it's done everything. It has been run, sidefirst, into a wall, and pretty much hit every surface imaginable in it's lifetime. And it has held up. Very dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: This amp is damn good solid state. it's just not the best amp in the world. If this amp was stolen, (I seriously doubt it could get lost.) I would probably find another amp just because I am do for an upgrade, but, if I wasn't, I would definately go find me another. It's that tough. // 9

Spider II 112 Reviewed by: charlie__flynn, on january 08, 2009

Features: This is relatively recent solid state amp to hit the market and it is loaded with features. It has 4 channels all footswitchable, 6 presets, 7 effects - ranging from phaser to reverb - a master volume, 3 band EQ, and a direct out/headphone jack. It also has a built in tuner, noise gate and channel memory. This amp really has all you could really want bar a seperate EQ for each channel. The footswitch works well with no gaps between switching channels. It has 75Watts of power and I have used it in both bedroom and small gigs, I've never needed to turn it past 1 O clock on the master volume. // 9

Sound: This is where the amp is a great let down, and is the sole reason for me replacing it. When I bought this amp I was much younger and quite naive and thought that it must be good because it can do everything, it cant. The cleans are not great and the lead is very muddy, there is no real crunch to the sound and when playing in a band situation it's hard to decipher each note specifically. I have played my SG, Strat and Ibanez through this amp (all with stock pickups mind) and have failed to get a quality tone from it. I have really tried to get everything from it, a smooth jazz tone, twangy jazz, smooth blues, crunchy rock, scooped metal - I can feel the amp trying to get to these tones but it doesn't quite cut it. It also makes a lot of feedback at high volumes but this is where the noise gate is very effective. As with the tones, so with the effects, they just aren't that great. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I can definately depend on this amp, it's built solidly and I've had it for about 2 years without anything going worng with it. This amp has been stood on, jumped onto, knocked over, kicked around (all in gig situations) and hasn't failed me. No backups are needed with this amp - it's even been used as a chair for two people at some times when I'm short of furniture, it hasn't broken yet. The dials are plastic but are well fitted and wont come off without a fight and the footswitch is solid metal. // 10

Overall Impression: For a beginner Who's just learning to play by all means get this amp but be aware that when you start to look for that great tone you will want to get rid of this amp. Yes, it is loud and has flashing lights but do not let this lead you into believing the sound of this amp is just as flashy. In a way I am sad to see it go as it was my first proper amp but I am also incredibly happy as I do not want to hear those tones every again. I would not buy this amp again, sorry Line 6. // 6

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review