Spider IV 75 Review

manufacturer: Line 6 date: 01/10/2013 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Line 6: Spider IV 75
Spider IV guitar amplifiers redefine what is sonically possible from modeling amplifiers.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.2
 Features: 8.9
 8.3
 8.4
 8.2
reviews (18) pictures (2) 82 comments vote for this gear:
Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 08, 2009

Purchased from: music shop in town

Features: the amp was probably made in 2009 as this was the year in which it was released. I play most kinds of metal and hard rock, and this amp is simply amazing. It can produce brillaint clean sounds and heavily distorted metal tones as well as great lead tones. its probably very good for blues style music as well, as I've had a little go on the "blues" setting, although I'm not really into that sort of music. put simply, this is an extremely versatile amp. the amp has 16 user programmable channels, although 12 of them are already used when you buy the amp. However, these settings can be found elsewhere, in the huge collection of pre-set artist and song tones. Tones from many famous songs such as "master of puppets" to "more than a feeling" and others I've never heard of before can be chosen, and as far as I can tell, they're all pretty accurate. This amp has tons of features - it's like having several amps and effects pedals in one. Effects from "auto-wah" to "sweep echo" can be selected and adjusted to the finest detail by the user. Another of the features I use loads is the looper. This allows you to record upto 14 seconds of playing, then you can have it played back over and over while you jam along to it. You can record a riff, play it back to yourself and then play a solo over it. If using the button to start and stop the looper is a bit fiddly (trust me, it can be), then you can also buy a foot controller device thing which can be programmed to control the amp with your foot. This can also be used to control many other features, such as volume, wah-wah etc. This amp has a headphone socket, cd/mp3 input, and you can connect it to your computer and record from it. The pitch shifter is also very useful (you can retune your guitar by as much as two octaves either up or down, without having to touch a tuning peg), as is the onboard tuner, although this isnt accurate enough for my liking. This amp is very powerful, I have never (intentionally) turned the volume up past 10% at home, and it still feels like a monster. My only slight complaint is that the looper doesn't last very long, and that the computer screen thingy takes a little while to get the hang of. Also... the "set max. volume" feature might seem ideal at first... having the abilty to prevent accidentally moving the master volume knob to ferocious levels seemed great, so I set it to 10% and was playing away happily with the master volume right at the top... however, when I switched channel, the maximum volume level was put back to 100%, and I'm amazed the house is still standing. Otherwise, this is great amp, full of awesome features, all of which are great to use. // 9

Sound: my guitar is an Ibanez RG320 and I use it to play mainly metal. I have the infinity pickups that the guitar came with, and they work very well with this amp. From my own misfortunate experience, I know that this amp gets extremely loud, certainly loud enough to play live at a large gig. It makes a huge variety of noises, as I have mentioned above. I've spent plenty of time getting to know this amp inside out, and I'm yet to find a sound I can't get out of it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: this amp is probably extremely tough- I haven't had it long, but my old Line 6 Spider III 15 watt has survived all sorts of accidents and stuff. Neither amp has ever broken down yet... I'm sure it would survive any gig, and a back up would be heavy and unnecessary. // 10

Overall Impression: this amp is incredibly useful for pretty much any style of music. In particular, I find the pitch shifter feature very useful. Basically, it allows to drop tune the guitar without having to adjust all the strings. When combined with the foot controller, it means you can be playing a clean arpeggio in standard tuning, before switching to a crazy, distorted setting in drop Z. I compared this amp to the Peavey Vypyr 75 watt, which in comparison was just fiddly and much less user-friendly. The Spider IV doesn't sound as digital as it's predeccesors. Don't get me wrong, the Vypyr is also a great amp, but some of the features (including the looper) are entirely dependent on you spending at least 50 on the foot controller, and in my opinion, the Spider IV is the better amp for those who just want to get rocking. // 10

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: loeher182, on november 21, 2011

Purchased from: local music store

Features: I've had this amplifier for nearly two years now and I know I've had enough time with it by now to provide a fair review for anyone else still considering this amp. Here goes: The Spider IV 75 head and combo was released in 2009. It is a modestly-priced, solid-state modeling amplifier from the good folks at Line 6. It is a 75-watt amp (beginners take note: not as loud as a tube amp around the same power rating) that comes with a custom Celestion speaker (combo) and has 16 amp models, 4 channels with 16 banks each and 10 digital effects (although you can only activate 4 at a time). Over 250 song and artist presets are also included; as well as a looper, chromatic tuner, an aux in (for MP3s or what have you), a headphone jack and a line out for recording. You can also buy an optional foot controller to control the amp hands-free, to connect to a computer for minimal editing of effects/effects order and to download the latest firmware (new presets and maybe bug fixes included). As you probably know by now, this amp is just so feature-laden that it was/is very appealing to novices. I bought the Spider IV 75 as my first real amp (my first amp was a borrowed 10 Watt combo). When I was shopping for my first amp, I also tried a Vox ValveTronix (30w, IIRC), a Peavey Vypyr 75w, and a Marshall MG50. I will tell you right now that the Peavey sounded just as good, maybe better than the Spider to my untrained ears then (can't say the same for the other two, I'm sorry to loyal adopters). However, I went with the Spider primarily because some of the Vypyr's features (like the looper, IIRC) can only be accessed with the optional Sanperra footswitch (making the footswitch quite essential), whereas almost all of the Spider IV's features are readily available without such an add-on. I could be wrong about the Vypyr but hey, I'm happy with the Spider IV nonetheless. In fact, I'm happy enough with all the features of the Spider IV. In fact, I think it was a little overkill for my skill level then. // 9

Sound: I use an HSS Strat, an LP Custom Copy and a semi-hollow 335-esque guitar. To be honest, I have yet to try most of the amp models in the Spider IV. I have however, tried a lot of amps from playing in different rehearsal studios and gigging venues. I have played with Laney, Marshall, Vox, Fender and Orange (SS and tube amps alike), and even two custom/DIY tube amps. Ergo, I know the sonic difference between a dinky Spider IV 75 and a 100 watt valve head. I know that the "sag" and "warmth" of tube amps are not just mere bywords but real aural phenomena. That being said, I think most of the amp models in the Spider IV 75 are good if not great. They are more useable than haters would like you to believe. It's worth mentioning right now that only the Class A models have any semblance of the said "edge of breakup" tone. All the rest seem to go from clean to dirty almost immediately. Still, I like most of the models on this amp. I particularly like the Clean Red (JCM 900), both Twang models (Fender models I can't remember right now), Metal Red (Mesa Boogie Dual Rec model) and the Class A Red (Vox AC30 top boost) models. I'm not sure if the Duo-Rec is authentic as I've yet to even see one in person but the others I've mentioned sound like good approximations of the said models. Nonetheless those are my faves. Now that I have completed my "pre-record contract pedal board" (hey, a guy can dream, right?), Clean red is my favorite and all I really use at the moment. It just takes my pedals so well. YMMV, of course. Special mention goes to Clean green as it is the only channel that I can dial a jazz tone with my semi-hollow that I'm completely happy with. Perhaps my least-favorite models are the Marshall models with dirt (Crunch red and Hi-gain red). I know what the dirty channel of a Marshall sounds like and boy, those two models sound off to me. The hi-gain model in particular seems to be "prevented" from completely overdriving into a satisfying level. You can max its Drive but it sounds like they put some ceiling to its Drive level. Perhaps it's to distinguish it from the higher gain models; but if you're a beginner, you might not upgrade to a real Marshall if you base the decision mostly on the sound of the model here. The same problem is present in the Crunch green (Orange AD30) model. It just won't overdrive to the level that makes me fall in love with Orange amps enough to look past the Orange tolex. The sound is more musical/useable for me than the two Plexi models though, and I also don't know what an AD30 sounds like so I'm not too offended. As for the other models, I am not familiar with how their originals should sound like but I must say that they sound good on their own. May not be case for owners of the originals/purists, but since this is more-or-less A beginner/low-budget sessionist's amp, it may not be a problem. I also find that the Insane models aren't really that bone-crushingly insane, but they have their use. The presets are hit-or-miss. That's all I can really say. The AC/DC ones are especially not convincing to my ears. There still are a lot of good presets though. And unless you know the tones of the specific artists/or songs by heart, you probably won't be able to tell the difference. One neat use of these presets though is going into the editing screen to see how these specific tones are dialed. It is especially great for a beginner (like me when I bought this amp). I didn't even know about scooping mids for heavy metal as a fact. I saw it first in one of the metal presets. Lastly, the quality of recordings you can make via the line out are really good, considering that it's nearly just a bonus feature. I can't say if it is POD quality as advertised, but I record demos through this thing with satisfying results. One noteworthy quirk of this amp is the uneven volume levels of the presets in the banks (and between models). While switching between them, you might suddenly pass by a channel/preset that is "pre-set" at a high volume and this could have terrible results, depending on your master volume setting. Good thing there is a master volume knob. Just remember to turn it down first before switching between models and presets. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I will never gig with this amp. Not that it's unreliable. It's just that first of all, I'm only a weekend warrior. Lugging this amp around seems unreliable. Also, the places I play in have "better" amps in the form of half-stacks and higher end SS combos- which is also a reason why I'm not very compelled to upgrade anytime soon. Lastly, most of my sound comes from my pedal board setup anyway, so all I need is a good clean channel, and not all of the bells and whistles of the Spider IV. I might bring it to a recording session however if there's a particular sound that I just can't get with the studio's "pro" gear. In terms of durability, it is still functioning as perfectly as when I bought it. It has yet to fail on me while playing as well. It could probably survive on the road too, as SS amps are not as delicate as tube amps. The LCD is starting to do funny stuff though, like switching between preset screens and editing screens. Or when you turn a knob, the bars in the display won't move (but you'll still hear the sound being altered the way you're turning the knobs). It might eventually crap out on me in maybe a year or two, but I'm guessing that wouldn't be a difficult repair job for Line 6. I might have even upgraded to a better amp by then! (I'd give it an 8 if only in good faith, but I have to take a point off from that mild LCD problem). // 7

Overall Impression: I am most influenced by classic rock, blues-rock, punk, and its derivatives. From time to time, I try to play jazz and dick around with other styles. I've only been playing electric guitar for a few years (compared to my piano and acoustic guitar experience) so perhaps my tone tastes are not as refined as others. Yet, I am a rock music lover, and I still know what sounds good, especially in a band setting as I am in a gigging band. For a musician with a broad range of musical tastes, the Spider IV 75 can cover most bases. A caveat however, is it may not cover YOUR favorite base as well as others. More experienced and more financially independent musicians may slag this product off, but I believe they are not the market for this great piece of gear. For people on a budget, players just starting out, and those who simply want to have lots of tonal possibilities at their disposal, the Spider IV 75 has you covered. It's not a valve amp, it's not a Vetta, it's not even a Spider Jam. It's a 75 w SS amp with loads of features. There may be better options than this amp, but if you fall under those categories of players, you most likely won't be disappointed. Take it for what it is and you will love it. The Spider IV 75 is not a "9" or "10" amp, but for a modeler at this price, it deserves an 8. I have only two wishes for this amp's future version: (1) I wish the sound can still be monitored through the speakers during recording so I can monitor it through my amp (don't have good monitor speakers or headphones yet). (2) Better emulation of some amp models. Other than that, I am very satisfied with this product. // 8

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: NitroCam, on december 03, 2010

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

Features: My amp was made on the 1st of January 2010 in China, I brought the amp as a replacement for my Peavy Envoy as it was rubbish for my style of music (extreme metal- death metal, grindcore, deathcore). When I brought it I didn't have a very broad knowlege as I had only been playing half a year and the amp didn't suit my style of music well at all. It has 4 channels switchable by buttons on the front of the amp but it also has 8 differant models(Clean, Twang, Class A, Blues, Crunch, Hi Gain, Metal and Insane)and each one has two versions making it 16 models! It also has 18 differant effects(Gain/Fuzz, Auto Wah/Swell, Smart Harmony/Pitch Glide, Chorus/Flanger, Phaser/Uni-Vibe, Bias/Opto Trem, Digital/Analouge Delay, Tape Echo/Multi-Head, Sweep Echo/Reverser) + two types of Reverb (Vintage Plate/Lux Spring) so you can create alsost any sound you could imagane:)! It also has a instant looper so you can record a riff and solo over it! It also has inbuilt Active Boost, Sound Gate + Noise Reducer and Tuner. It also has a Mp3 Input (So you can play ur ipod thru it! ) and a headphone/direct output jack. You can also dial in tones and save them to one of the 64 slots or just one of the 250+ artist and song presets! With this amp you are never short of features! I don't really use any of these (lol) except for the Mp3 input, looper, Tuner(Having this is super handy, however it isnt very accurate), Delay and Chorus. I use it for bedroom practice aswell as band practice and it is loud enough for both however it isnt big enough for gigging. // 10

Sound: I am currently using it with a Goth Flying V (Which I have also reviewed btw) which has Alnico Classic Open coil humbuckers. As I have mentioned it doesnt't suit my style beacuse the drive/distortion settings suck really bad, although it is great for everything else the heaviest 'INSANE' model isn't heavy at all! I now use a Boss ML-2 MetalCore pedal and I now have the distorton I need but the amp doesnt't have a brutal enough sound even with it (and I'm even tuned B standard! ) On the upside the sound gate and noise reducer work very well and I have never got any feedback from it, The clean settings are really smooth at any volumes and it has a HUGE variety of settings which make it really good for learning on. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Considering it is about a year old now and it has never been gigged or neglected I would expect it to be in perfect condition, but... The input jack screw fell out during a car journey and it has been lost, as a result I lost the input jack inside the amp... I have now unscrewed all the amps parts to get the 'head' out of it, I then hung the input jack out the back of the amp. Altough it still works fine the wires are being sandwiched between the 'head' casing and the cab itself so eventully the wires will be damaged. // 4

Overall Impression: I have been playing roughly two years now and I also own a Peavy Envoy 110 (Total rubbish) and I am about to order a Laney LX120 head and Cab in ltd edition camo! I wish I had reserched into amps more before I bought it as I would probaly got the Laney LX65 my lead guitarist has got(kickass amp! ) And if it were stolen I would just wait for my Laney lol. I love the variety and effects, although I hate the 'distorted' sounds and my favoroute feature has to be having a tuner in your amp! Overall if you play anything other than extreme metal its a fine amp and you will be pleased with it but if you like Cannibal Corpse then get a Laney LX! I also thought I would comment on SlipKnoT's involvement; Mick and Jim have their own tones on the amp and this amp is really good for playing SlipKnoT stuff. If you YouTube Mick and Jim's lessons/jams you will find they are using this amp! // 7

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 06, 2011

Purchased from: Gak

Features: Oh my daze so many features! 4 channel amp with 16 presets per channel which you can edit to you're liking, best solid state amp I've ever played, simply amazing. // 10

Sound: I use a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser with EMG's a Schecter C-1 Blackjack with Seymour Duncans and an Ibanez s with stock pickups, fairly metal setup I would say, and this amp nails the tone, with huuuuuge bottom end, I play in drop a drop b and drop D the bass response is amazing, and the cleans even with the active pickups, saty crystal clean, can get a Metallica clean out of it easy. I tend to use the metal red on manual mode high gain, low mids, high bass, high treble, its basically a solid state dual rectifier, sounds nearly bang on. And its only 270, just amazing, the only drawback on this amp is the insane channel, just sounds like a fart to be honest, and for some reason doesn't have as much gain as the metal setting, but can be used for a Pantera sound easily. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Had it for 3 years, no problems, been gigged hard, dropped, still on the original speaker. // 10

Overall Impression: Best combo ever, end of discussion covers every tone you will ever want or need. // 10

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: AbbadonsTears, on february 22, 2012

Features: The amp was made in 2010. For the money, this amp is very versatile for a solid state amp FOR BEGINNERS. It has 4 channels, effects loop, and CD/mp3 input to practice. This is a modeling amp so it has a clean, class A, crunch, blues, metal, insane, high gain. Each section has 2 preset settings. With many other presets options as well as the ability to adjust every preset and effect. Look at eh Line 6 website and you can look in detail most of the list. // 7

Sound: For this review I will use my Epiphone Les Paul Special II. My playing style is bluesy and hard rock. This amp isn't that noisy, but you can definitely hear feedback hissing at you at high volumes. This amp can make a broad range of sounds from clean to distortion presets. The distortion, is not brutal at all its just... Alright I guess, cleans are pretty impressive to some degree. But see, heres the thing, this amp is for practice and bedroom type sorta things. Honestly not for use in live situations. Oh, and if you have the ear, you can hear when you have an effect on in the amp, a sort of wet digital echo drop every time you pluck a string muted. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on it, it is sturdy enough for band practice. Though I would never use this in a gig, you'd have to buy the pedal (sold separately) in order to change channels fast enough. Oh and you need this pedal in order to update the firmware on your amp. Another thing where line6 didn't quit think through for the musicians. I'm giving this a mercy 6. // 6

Overall Impression: For the style I play, cleans, hard rock, blues, its a kind of good match for the money. I have been playing for 5 plus years. Something I wish I would have known back then is the difference between SOLID STATE AND TUBE AMPS. Beginners should really research this amp as well as other cost effective tube amps, Kustom, Peavey. If it were stolen, I'd probably give the robber a quick kick in the a-se and buy another amp. After awhile, you start to see its limits and the sound it produces. The only thing I love about this amp is the ability for the onboard effects to be adjusted and the overall variety of style you can get, sort of like the low class jack of all trades amp. I wish it had a more natural tone, but hey its a modeling amp, what would you expect. // 6

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: Corey.Knight, on march 27, 2012

Price paid: C$ 299.99

Purchased from: Long N McQuade

Features: This 75 watt, 12" amp had many great features already built in I had the pleasure of toying around with. That being said I also used the optional $70 floor pedal. With the pedal (which allows the addition of a volume and wah) the features would be a 9.5 for me otherwise this solid state amp sits at an 8. // 8

Sound: Played through the amp with a: PRS 513, '68 Gibson LP, Ibanez RG7321, Fender Strat '63 and even my Martin DRS1. That being said I have tried just about every style on this amp, from shred to blues and it has been able to sound decent in all the genres my limited attention span requires. Though I found the sound to get too compressed at about a volume of 7 it did sound pretty clear on a whole. This amp excelled at the hashers genres but the clean tone was slightly lacking in tonal quality. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very dependable amp, never had a problem with it and never needed to do any work on it. It has been all over and had its fair share of bumps and dings. The rear AC input on the amp was a little loose but this did not affect the flow of current. Overall I would say this amp does not need a backup when giging. // 9

Overall Impression: Though it is very reliable it did not quiet have the sound I was hoping for. Great distortions after you spend the time to tweak with a boatload of artist presets you cannot really go wrong. If it was lost I probably would not replace it as there are numerous other products which can get the job done just as well if not better (particularly the Fender Mustang). For a solid state amp this performs excellent for what it says it does. // 9

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 10, 2013

Purchased from: amazon.com

Features: This is an incredibly versatile amp, full of effects, and presets, the strong point of it. 16 amp models; 20 Smart FX (4 at once) with quite a lot of editing; Quick Loop, Auto-Wah, Intelligent Pitch-Shifter plus inspiring echoes, mods, delays, reverbs and more; you can have 64 user-created presets. 1/4-inch input; 1/4-inch headphone/direct output; 1/8-inch CD/MP3 input; built-in chromatic tuner; FBV foot controller jack. And 75 watts, for me more than enough to play. I haven't tested even 20% of the many presets this amp has, and has absolutely everything I need, and a quite convenient tuner included. // 10

Sound: I'm using it with a Les Paul Standard with 57 Classic pickup in the neck and 500T Open Coil in the bridge. It can play any style I do, mainly Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Progressive Rock, and getting into Blues and Jazz. It is as noisy as you want it to be. It can make a great variety of sounds, and replicate many famous sounds with the presets. You can get as much distortion as you want from it, from clean to so distorted you cannot distinguish what is it that you're playing. It has 8 Amp models of distortion. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can definitely depend on this amp for touring, jamming, and gigging, it is incredibly sturdy, I've had people sit on it for a while, with no problems. I have never had problems with the amp, just that the Line 6 FBV Pedal that pairs up with this sometimes has a bug, and you cannot use the wah wah pedal. One worry is that if it tips and falls on its front side maybe the knobs will rip off, but that is an unlikely case. I am pretty confident with this amp going anywhere to play. You can even pour liquids on it. Excellent for those accidental beer spills. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Classic Rock, Alternative Rock, Progressive Rock, and am getting into Blues and Jazz. This amp works great for all those genres. I have played for around 3 and a half years, with a huge break between that. I own this amp, a Peavey Blazer 158, the Line 6 FBV footswitch, a couple of effect pedals, and my Les Paul. If it were stolen I would get the IV 150, more power and size right away. I absolutely love everything about it except the weight factor, hard to carry sometimes. I was choosing between a Marshall and this, and the Marshall brand name added $150 dollars of price for an amp with less power, less effects, and less tweaking than this one. // 10

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: lemurflames, on february 10, 2010

Purchased from: Local Guitar Center

Features: The Line 6 Spider IV 75 Watt Amp may not be an organic tone juggernaut like the boutique amps professional musicians play today, but for a learning musician that is on a budget, or perhaps a professional "At home" studio guitarist with limited space, you can not go wrong with Line 6 Modeling gear. The Features of this amp, and other Line 6 amps like it, are the reason behind the versatility of said amps. If you're limited on space and don't want to both with the endless selection of pedals, modeling technology just might be your savior. The Line 6 Spider IV amps, the 75 Watt and up (no experience with the lesser Spider IVs), offer about 16 Amp models. All of which can be accessed with the turn of a knob. You have eight selections - Clean, Twang, Class A, Blues, Crunch, Hi Gain, Metal, and Insane. Each selection has two amp models built in. The amp tells you which setting your on by the Red and Green LEDs. Let's say I want to use the Clean amp. I turn the knob completely to the left, or "0". The LED by "Clean" is lit up red. Turning the nob to the right slightly turns the LED to Green, and loads a separate Clean Amp Model tone, as opposed to the previous one. Each amp model setting works this way. Very easy to use. Each model can be tweaked even further through Drive, Bass, Mid, and Treble. And if you're an effects-heavy player, the amp may have something for you. There are four effects knob. The first three nobs have six effects on them, although glancing at the nobs only shows three names, for example: Gain, Wah, Pitch. The fourth is only Reverb, which offers Vintage Plate and Lux Spring. The effects knobs work in a similar way the amp model nobs work. There is an LED next to each effects name. It will change colors depending on which effect you have selected. So for a short example, I can turn the knob to Gain. I then go over to the LED display and turn the Presets knob beneath the display, this will toggle between Red Compressor, and Fuzz Pi. You can then click in the presets knob, and edit each effect individually to your hearts content. All the way from Pre/Post to Mix and the other settings you would expect to find built-in to such effects. The other features this amp offers is the built-in Looper, which is rather useless without the FBV Shortboard MKII, which regretfully, I do not own. The Amp offers a built-in turn which mutes the speaker and uses the LED display, which by the way is very pleasing to the eye, to help you turn your guitar like a normal LCD/LED display tuner would. I really cannot comment on how accurate the tuner is, I have yet to compare it with my Korg tuner. To the best of my hearing though, it works well. The amps also offers 64 User Banks, which can be edited to your hearts content, although Line 6 had saved presets on these, some of which you may or may not like. Each preset can be named individually so you know what you are using when you select that preset. The presets can be easily accessed through the amp directly, but the optional, but practically required, FBV Shortboard MKII will certainly speed things up, as well as giving you advanced control over your effects. The amp also has other standard features you almost never miss on modern amps today, such as Headphone/Direct Line out, and a CD/MP3 input. Both of which are on the back of the amp. The features section of this amp deserve a 10, but because of the lack of control over certain effects such as Wah and Quick Loop, it will be an 8. In order to get the most out of the amp, the FBV Shortboard MKII is required, which usually goes for about $199 USD. Note: There are cheaper versions of the pedal, but they were generally designed for older Line 6 Gear, and will only give you a little bit of extra control. These are about $99 USD, and aren't really worth it, for the Spider IVs, considering the price. // 8

Sound: As stated earlier, it can't beat a tube amp, which I have never played one, but even I can agree on that. I'm a player that upgraded to the Spider IV 75 watt, from a cheap Marshall MG10. So obviously the sound is rather phenomenal to me, but I won't let that cloud my judgment too much on this review. The range of tones you can achieve from this amp are very good for a single amp. From clean, to dirty, brain-melting distortion. A lot of players say that Line 6 only makes metal amps. While they do sound fantastic for metal, that is simply not true. I play using an entry-level Jackson Rhoads with humbuckers, and sometimes I play on the other amp model settings that involve less grit, like Clean and Twang. Switching to my neck pickup gives the amp a very deep tone, that almost sounds alive to me, and is very pleasing to my ears. I even messed with one of the Blues amp models and the Auto-Wah, and it sounded like I was being taken back to the 60s and 70s, though I'm certainly not that old! The Metal and Insane tones offer exactly what you can expect, face-melting distortion. I'm really unsure on how to go in-depth into such a thing, because it sounds great to me but may not be the distortion someone else is looking for. A few of the Metal and Insane tones have a very nice, crisp sound to it the help a lot with the definition, while the others have a deeper, gritty, muddy tone that I liked at first, but quickly fell in love with the crispy, clear sound the other tones offered. I have attempted to use a distortion pedal on the clean channel with this amp, but it sounded rather inferior. I'm not sure if it's because of the settings I was using, or because both amp and pedal are digital. The amp is friendly with pedals, but may be picky. And what sounds bad to me may be good to you. You really don't need any pedals with this amp anyways. That's it's true purpose! I have only played the amp at high volumes a few times. I sit next to the amp so I never need to crank it to 11. From those few experiences though, the tone stayed consistent. I would like to rate the sound of the amp a 7.5, as I'm sorta stuck in the middle, but I'll have to round it up to an 8. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have owned the amp for a month, in which time, I have never spilled anything on it, nor has the amp broken on me. The only thing that comes close to breaking was when I pulled the Amp Model knob off of the amp on purpose, just to see how well they stay on. // 9

Overall Impression: Being such a versatile amp with the many features built into it and being $299 USD, the Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt is very much worth it if you're looking for an amp to practice at home with. I highly recommend investing in the Line 6 FBV Shortboard MKII to give you full control of the amp. Would I buy it again? No, I'd probably upgrade to the Spider Valve MKII. Besides, the FBV Shortboard MKII is also compatible with it. Other: I said knob too many times in this review. // 8

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: richyt93, on april 20, 2010

Purchased from: Music shop in town

Features: The features on this amp, considering the price, are pretty good. Granted, they are not the best in the world, but thats because they aren't 100 pedals. For a practice amp to come with all those effects its fantastic, and with the Mk.II pedal, its great. Especially the in depth control you have over the effects using the display. This amp has 4 channels, and there are 16 banks for these 4 channels, meaning you can have 64 user programmable presets as well as the 300+ artist and song presets. This is great for if you find a sound you like, and you can save it and come back to it later. Very handy. Obviously, the footswitches ect. are a must for this amp to use its full potential, especially with the Quick Loop function, but the only down side of this is that it only lasts for 14 seconds, but still, a very handy feature. I am going to give this 8/10, because the effects are great, and all the little features, controls and gizmo's it comes with are fantastic for the price. // 8

Sound: This is NOT a million pound tube amp. Bare that in mind. It is a practice amp, used for practising, therefore, granted, the sound is not the best you will ever hear. The cleans are not particularly sparkling, but I like them, they have quite a nice sound. Some of the distortion settings are quite thin and lifeless, with not much tone, but some are quite good if you have a fiddle around. I usually play metal, and this works fine for that kind of music, not the best, but good enough for me to play and enjoy it, and I like it. There is no feedback from this amp at low volumes, and it still performs good at low volumes, as well as high, and there are some nice tones if you have a play around. I am going to give this amp a 7/10 for sound. Its not the best in the world, but for a digital practice amp, its great, and I like it. I'm going to upgrade it obviously, but its a great amp to practice with, and to Jam with a drummer. // 7

Reliability & Durability: If you bought this amp, you could rely on it with your life. I've had it for about 6 months, and I've had no problems with it. I would only gig with this amp for the first few times, and if its going well, DEFINITELY look to upgrade to tubes, and something with better tone. // 9

Overall Impression: I think this amp is very impressive for a practice amp. I play meanly metal and it works really well, and I can play with a band, and it sounds good. I've been playing a year or so, and I play with an Epiphone G400 with Hot Slag pickups, and it sounds great. However, I wish I'd have known more before I bought this amp, as it is not top of the range, and if it was lost/stolen, I would but a different amp, (tubes preferably). I love how it has 16 different models you can use, and I think its very versatile and great for finding that sound you want. However, I think the tone isnt much to be desired, but is great for a practice amp. I wanted to give this amp a solid review, from someone that has learned a lot about the amp, and about the subject of amps in general, and I realise it is not the best amp in the world, but is definately not deserving of the slating it gets around the place. I would recommend this amp to a beginner, but I would suggest they shop around first. // 8

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: Steven'sWorld, on june 09, 2010

Features: The Spider IV 75 from it's producer, Line 6, Is a very unique amplifier. For 75 watts, it has a descent price of $299.99 in which I purchased from Guitar Center. The amp has a screen to give you a menu of basic and advanced features, such as having a built in tuner. Also having Diffrent sounds already programmed from diffrent bands such as the distinct sound you hear from Slipknot. I heard the amp can somehow automatically make your guitar sound like it is in drop d when it is actually in standard tuning. You can hook your mp3 or ipod into the amp and Jam along with your favorite songs. It Has some upgraded features that you don't recieve in alot of amps and all for a affordable price. So overall the features are very good quality. // 8

Sound: The sound quality is absolutly fantastic. One thing I do really appreciate with the Spider IV 75 watt amp is that it is not constantly making noise if you accidentally brush over the guitar strings. On the down side to that It can be hard listening when you are hammering the notes if your volume is considerably low, which is alright because ofcourse with so many options, it would be easy to fix the settings for that situatuion. The amp can make thousands of sounds including every genre that includes a guitar. I play in drop d alot and I practice songs from bands like metallica, AcDc, Slipknot and the sound is great. The sound is overall amazing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: At this point, I am not sure because I recently just started playing, But then again, I think it is perfectly durable so far. Even though I couldn't Give You any valuable information, I hope you will Be influenced with the idea that everything else has been found very well built. // 10

Overall Impression: I am a heavy metal type person, But then again, I enjoy acoustics also. This amp makes everyone's preference possible due to it's endless possibilities of effects and and distortions. You can download more effects off the line6 website at www.line6.com and My final opinion is it is worth getting. // 10

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: line6 guy, on june 29, 2010

Price paid: C$ 400

Purchased from: long & MCquade

Features: This amp can do almost anything. Its extremely verstitle. This is a solid state, modelling amplifier. It has over 250 presets, a built in screen, a quick looper, 16 amp models, 20 different effects it has the option of spring or Vintage plate reverb, auto wah, ptch glide snart Harmony etc. There are so many features to this amp it would take me the whole page to go through everything. Its extremely loud. Good for small gigs and home practicing. You name it, this amp has it. // 10

Sound: I am using an ESP horizon, a Fender anerican strat and an Ibanez prestige. My style of music is metal, classic rock, hard rock, some alternative rock, and a ittle bit of blues here and there. The sound quality was suprisingly good for a solid state amp. The clean channles are very crisp and clear, the distorted channels are very heavy and dirty but not fuzzy. The amp maintains this great sound until the volume is past about 4 or 5 ish. Then the sound breaks up and doesn't sound so good anymore. But this amp is soo loud, you will never need to crank it that high so don't worry. Overall I am very pleased with sound quality of this amp. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp for about 4 months, and nothing has gone rong yet. It looks very sturdy, looks like it could take a hit or two. So far I'm very pleased with it. I would definately gig this amp as a backup at least because if all fails I can count on this beast of an amp. Its backed with a one year warranty, so only time will tell if I have to call up LOng & Mcquade to get me another one. don't be scared to crank this amp a little bit. Nothing will go wrong. // 8

Overall Impression: For my style of music (metal, classic rock etc) this amp is a grat buy. With the exceptional sound quality and volume capabilities, you can't go wrong with this amp. If someone stole it, I would smash my Ibanez right over his head and then go buy another one right away. It's perfect for small gigs and at home practice. I only wish it came with the fbv shortboard, It s another 300 canadian. But overall love this amp. Great job line 6! // 9

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: bushmuncher, on july 19, 2010

Purchased from: Dawsons Manchester

Features: I play many rock and metal music and the Line 6 Spider IV 75 can somewhat meet those demands. It has 8 different channel ranging from clean to insane. This amp has so many effects built into it its good just to get the amp from the built in effects like delay, tremolo, fuzz, chorus, I could go on forever. It also has a built in tuner in the amp but I can sometimes find the tuner inaccurate and its very basic. This amp how every does boast a screen in it which displays lots of different things, this is also the place where the pre-sets can be access. // 9

Sound: This is however the place where this amp falls short. The pre-sets are just horrible and sound like a 4 year old put them together, however saying that some pre-sets sound good but these I rarely come across. Distortion on this amp is horrible it sound weak and muddy, this amp is no good for distortion. The sound in general sounds too processed, saying that though this amp pretty much has a computer built in it. However on the positive side the clean channels on this amp sound pretty good and I could get some very good tones out of it. The amp in general is very loud I haven't turned it passed 1 without the family moaning so I couldn't really comment if it gets distorted at high volumes. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I have owned the amp for 8 months now and it has not failed me once so reliability is excellent. However it doesn't seem to work well with external pedals. I have a Zvex Woolly Mammoth an I can only turn the sound up half way on it because if I turn it any higher the sound will cut out. I also have a Zvex super hard on and there is a 5 second delay from when a turn a nob for sound to come out of the pedal. I have tested these pedals with other amps so I know its not the pedals. // 9

Overall Impression: The Line 6 Spider IV 75 looks to be an impressive amp on paper with all the pre-sets, built in tuner, 8 different, channels, etc. But the amp falls short in sound quality compared too other amp. Personally one of the main reasons I bought this amp was because of the pre-sets, if your like me in this category do not buy this amp because the pre-sets will just fail you. If you just want a practice amp with lots of built in effects and lots of versatility for a cheep price then this is the amp for you, but if you are the person that doesn't tend to use effects and just goes for raw power and distortion then this amp will fail you. I personally got an amazing deal on this amp (160 brand new, rrp is 250) and its well worth the money for me, but if you're paying the full price for this I consider you to shop around and get a better amp. // 7

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: jesslindy, on february 03, 2011

Features: I own the Spider IV HD150 Half Stack. It's the same as the lower wattage combos except it has stand-alone Reverb. It was made in early 2010. The amp pretty much has every model and effect I would need. I play anything with a driving riffs, heavy sound, effects like Sevendust. When I play clean I like a deep warm sound, little chorus on half the songs. I like Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Nonpoint, Sevendust, God Forbid, All that Remains, Crossfade, Metallica, Red, 30 seconds to Mars, Fear Factory, Apocolyptica, BFMV, Halestorm, Breaking Benjamin, Alterbridge, you know stuff like that. It has 16 amp models, 20 effects, and everything is customizable. Every effect can be tweaked. It has 250 presets built in the amp based on songs and bands. I like alot of them. Built in 14 second looper, user preset slots, and 4 preset switches. Record out sounds good into my Tascam. 150 watts so the Power is there. I wish it came with the pedal that acts as a footswitch, and a volume swell/wah-wah pedal. The pedal also allows to you to go online and load into the amp, more band presets, effect models, and keep it up to date. Thats sick. Solid State Modeling technology I have never been a fan of, I bought this and am very happy. I typically played through Crate with pedals, or Crate Combos before. And I loved them as well. // 10

Sound: I have played my old Washburn BT-4 Maverick, which was my first nice guitar, with stock Pickups. A Ibanez, Id say 95 or so RG Series with a DimeBucker in the Bridge, a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme with Double Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, and my favorite Schecter Damien Elite with EMG Active 81/Neck and 85 in the bridge. It suits my playing style just fine. It has built in NosieGate for every setting, so it can be tweaked by decibel level. It stays really clean on high volumes, on the higher gain channels its best to stay a bit away from it, only at really high volumes. I like the tone out of most of the options. I played the DSpider three and wouldn't have paid 50 bucks for the 120 watt. Thats how far the tone has come from the earlier models. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I bought the Floor Model Head, in my excitement to get it home, and I am not going to lie, it blew up. So I got a new one at the discounted price, and the new one has been fine. I would have never bought a floor model for Guitar Center, too used by teenagers, but I was excited. I expect not to have a problem with my new one. I have been playing it for a couple months now. I give it a 5 because the first head(floor model), blew up on my second night. // 5

Overall Impression: I was hesitent to purchase this amp. I played the III's and I didn't like them. I went to my local GC to play a Crate Flexwave 120 watt Half Stack. The salesman talked me into looking at this one, and I am happy. Its got some ass behind it. Its gonna take anyone who buys it, alot of time to tweak the setting and get it where you like it. Alot of people complaining about the digital sound or the tone, it has gotten ten fold better than the III's. The Pitch Shifter is cool with my acoustic, a Yamaha Thinbody APX500, its awesome. My Washburn with single 2 single coil pickups, sounds deep and warm. The 81 pickup in the neck of the Schecter, sounds muddy on clean. Just trying to give examples. If it were stolen, I would kill them and than join the prison band. For 700.00 bucks a I picked up a loud, clean sounding, endless tones, digital machine. The tones are not bad. Does it really bury the tone on a Mesa Boogie Rectifier. Absolutley not. Its no where near expensive enough. But I will tell you, its got some channels that are modeled after a Mesa Boogie Rectifier, and it sounds alot better than you think. I am extremely happy I own it. I personally think its stage ready, just search hard for the tones that nail it and save them! // 8

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: Phable, on june 22, 2011

Features: So the features on this amp are very nice, in the sense of their quantity. It has 8 modeling channels (Clean, Twang, Class A, Blues, Crunch, Hi Gain, Metal, and Insane.) This amp has tons of effects such as pitch changes, phasers, delays, etc. Which is a nice extra touch for it. Lastly, the coolest features are the artist/song models. For example, it models (or tries to model) almost every well known song imaginable from Master of Puppets, to Daytripper. I bought this amp when I was still a beginner at guitar, and have had it for a few years now. I intended to be gigging with it but it does not have enough power. I remember my drummer saying "I can hear the noise coming from your amp, but its so muddy that I can't tell what you're playing." I stepped back from the amp, listened closely, and realized exactly what he was talking about. Not for gigs. Do not let these effects be your final verdict. You will regret it. // 9

Sound: I have a Godin SD guitar with Godin pickups, and use a Boss ME-20 for distortion and other effects (higher quality effects on the Boss than the amp)My style ranges from classic rock to metal, which obviously means that I have to rely on distortion. Unfortunately, the tone of this amp sucks. A lot. If you listen extremely closely, you will hear that the amp has this cold, digital, fake, crunchy sound to it. Once you notice it, you'll be dissatisfied with it forever. If you've been playing guitar long enough, you'll be able to understand what I mean.It does not have any tone or warmth, and is very weak. The sound breaks up with high volumes and can't keep what little quality it has at lower volumes. On a good note, the clean channels sound pretty good. I can get a very nice sound from the clean channels, but the bummer is that this amp is meant mainly for distortion. If you're looking for a clean sound, find an amp that's meant for it. Unfortunately, even my Boss pedal is too powerful for it and the amp can't keep up with it. So it's impossible for me to get a good, powerful, yet clear distortion. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The reliability is very good. I haven't had any problems with the technicalities themselves. One thing that annoys me though is how sensitive the knobs are, so you'll be playing and the volume knob will drop or somehow go higher, which is very unpleasant. Other than that, I'd say its a pretty sturdy device. // 8

Overall Impression: Like previously said, I play all types of rock, and this amp just doesn't do it for me. It lacks tone, warmth, and sounds fake. At loud volumes it breaks up, which makes it virtually impossible to play a gig unless it is mic'd up. Also, to the reader, notice that 99% of the videos that show this amp sounding good, use a microphone instead of just turning the volume up. I wish I would've had more experience with amplifiers and discovered tube amps before I purchased this. If I lost it or it was stolen, there's no way in hell I would repurchase it. I love that it has so many effects, but they are rendered useless by its crappy tones and sound. Overall, this amp doesn't do it for me. When I strike a note I don't obtain that amazing feeling of satisfaction. I don't feel inspired, and I certainly don't even feel like playing guitar after hearing it. I just feel discouraged. This amp is solely for the beginner, do not plan to buy this amp for gigs, sound quality, or if you intend to keep it for a long amount of time. If I could change anything, it'd be to speak to somebody more experienced before I purchased this. // 6

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: Gordy12, on august 16, 2011

Purchased from: Amazon

Features: This amp has just about every feature that you will ever need, huge amount of effects and a looper, which is ok, but its only 14 seconds and you can't save it. // 8

Sound: Through my Yamaha Pacifica, I can get any tone I want aslong as I'm prepared to put in the time to fiddle with all the controls, the song settings are mostly ok and accurate, providing you have them at a high enough volume. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The amp is mostly very reliable, it sometimes switches off and on again in the middle of playing something but that doesn't happen often. It is a pain though. // 6

Overall Impression: I play a mixture of music I can find a tone to suit all styles. The major flaw with the amp is the volume, your saved presets are at a saved volume and if you are like me and you use it in the house at a low volume and then go off to band practise and have to put the volume up every time you change a tone, it gets really annoying. Overall this amp is pretty good, but if your playing live a lot its not for you. // 7

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: TheLastGestapo, on september 28, 2011

Price paid: C$ 270

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

Features: I got this amp when I bought my first guitar, a year ago. My guitar is a Gibson SG and is a good combination with the amp. As you probably know, this amp comes with a variety of built in effects. Such include: Chorus, Flanger, Wah Wah, Pitch Gilde, Fuzz, and a built in looper device. It also comes with a headphone jack and a place where you can plug in your mp3. Warning! This amp is extremely loud so don't plug in your headset at before turning on the amp. Just a precaution. This amp alos comes with over 500 sound presets accessible by a digital screen with a dial and a click pad. Very useful. The presets include artists, genres, decades, famous rock songs etc. For example it has Slipknot, Metallica, Nirvana, Green Day, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix presets, along with ALOT of other artists. The Spider 4 LV also has a built in tuner... Great for if you constantly like to switch your tunings. The feature I used most in this baby was probably the looper, tuner, and the 60's genre presets along with the Wah Wah and Chorus. Wah Wah for Eric Clapton and Chorus for Kurt Cobain. This amp comes loaded with power. When I first got it my dad wanted me to play something for him so I played "Highway To Hell" by AC/DC (this amp a great crunch channel!) and all was well. Then my dad had the bright idea of messing with the dials (which pissed me off) and happened to turn up the master volume. f--king loud. The screen doors in my room vibrated and the knob was less than half-way! I was surprised I didn't go deaf, and that was the last time I showed my dad my guitar and amp. So for loudness? Yeah, this bitch can take on a large gig. For playing in the bedroom I suggest just barely turning the master volume until just enough for the amp to turn on. No more. Otherwise you'll have to take it outside unless you're planning on breaking all the windows in your room. // 9

Sound: The only guitar I have is my Gibson SG, so that's what I use with this amp. The humbucker's sound thick in the clean tones and crunchy in the rock tones and also hard and solid in the metal tones. I mostly play The Beatles, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, and Metallica... And the amp has presets for all of these bands. The Day Tripper preset sounds exactly like recording along with "Come As You Are" by Nirvana. The Led Zeppelin presets have that pure Vintage rock sound and the "Master Of Puppets" preset couldn't sound any more Metal... Well, it could, but then it would sound more like Slipknot than Metallica I wouldn't bother getting any effect pedal what'soever with this amp. It was made to have it all, and it lives up to that. I've never turned any of the clean presets or channels up on high volume as it is TOO loud for my bedroom. If you do this I recommend opening a window at least or taking it out on the porch. So I wouldn't know if they start to get breakup at high volumes. BTW there is a ton of distortion on this baby. If you buy a pedal you'll be wasting your money. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely bring this amp to gig without backup. It is totally awesome. For on-stage you can get a some sort of attachment for the amp that lets you switch effects on and off. So yeah, the Spider is the way to go! My Spider has never broken down and still looks new from the box and the knobs are shiny as ever. This amp was made to last. // 10

Overall Impression: My music style is mainly classic rock and you can pretty much get any classic rock sound out of this amp. AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Boston, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Johnny Cash, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Slipknot, Nirvana, Jet, Mountain, are only some of the great artist sounds you can get out of this amp. If this amp was stolen from me, I'd find the guy who did it and curb-stomp him to death. Nobody steals my Spider from me like that. But if I lost it, I'd just go and buy another one. Perhaps if I was short on cash I might just get the 15 watt Spider. Or maybe I'd just wait for enough to get the 75. Whatever. The Spider 4 series in phenomenal and the 75 watt Spider has proved it through. // 9

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: xXkriegyXx, on may 30, 2012

Price paid: A$ 460

Purchased from: Allans billy hyde music

Features: This is a digital amp. It was made in 2011. It has 12 different amps it models. It was a 75W speaker. It has delay, chorus, tape echo, sweep echo, gain, phaser, pitch, auto, tremolo. It has a reverb knob. You can change the drive, bass, mid and treble. With the delay and echo etc. There is 2 different sounds you can get by turning a knob. It has over 300 already saved presets from famous artists. There are 16 channels which you can save your own effects and presets. Then there are 4 buttons which you can save you presets in the channel. It has a headphone jack. And you can get heaps of different pedals for controlling the amp with your foot. You can also put a MP3 or iPod ION the amp aswell as you guitar to play along with. It has a quick loop function which is great for saving the chords and then soloing over the top. I have practised with my drummer and it gets over him easily. Even on clean with the softer sound you still get over the drums without turning the volume knob all the way. With the distortion on you only have to put the volume knob a quarter of the way to get over the drummer. It is a really powerful amp for its size. // 9

Sound: I'm only using a Yamaha Pacifica with this amp because I am yet to upgrade to a Epiphone Les Paul Standard. When I brought it I tried it with the Epiphone and it sounded great. With the Yamaha it makes my guitar sound like its worth $1,000. If you want to make your guitar sound a million dollars this is the amp for you. I play all types of rock like punk, heavy, grunge and classical rock. It sounds great for all of them. It has a great distorted sound and you can get a great classic rock sound and an even better grunge sound. I play heaps of Foo Fighters and it sounds amazing with there songs. You get a heavy tone even when the volume isn't turned all the way up. I have set up some presets for my solos. The treble is amazing it sounds amazing for rock solos. You get a really high sound without it being to high. It is the best guitar amp I have tried for soloing and grunge rock. Do not play bass guitar on this amp. It wont blow up but you get this constant fuzzing noise which wont go away no matter what you do. This is only a guitar amp and not a bass amp. The clean sound is great. Normally when the amp is so good for rock you don't get a nice clean sound. But this amp is different. You get a really clean sound which isn't noisey and sounds amazing with a nice tone and no fuzzing even at high volume. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had this amp long so I haven't had any problems. But from what I've heard and read it is a very reliable amp. I have never heard of someone getting a lemon with this amp or having any trouble unless they have dropped it from a 10 storey building but even then it was only cosmetic damage. I opened it up and the electronics are all great. There is no fault I could find or nothing which I had to re solder or anything. I would play this amp without a back up at a gig because I have never heard anything going wrong with it. // 8

Overall Impression: for my style of music with rock it sounds great. With all of my grunge playing its the best amp I've ever tried it with. It sounds better then the songs do with the big amps they use on stage. I have been playing guitar for 8 years. My other amp was just a bedroom one. It was a Vox Pathfinder. I have tried so many amps before I settled on this one. This one is the best. I've tried Peavey amps and Vox and Fender amps and none have had the effects and sounds like this amp. I would buy this amp again if it got stolen because this amp is the best I've ever played. This is an amazing amp and anyone into rock I highly recommend it. // 10

Spider IV 75 Reviewed by: firetrot, on august 22, 2012

Features: The features on this amp are amazing. The first thing you notice is how versatile the tone is. Any kind of tone you want can be easily accessed or created. The Spider IV 75 carries presets dialed in by numerous bands and recording artists. The loop machine is very useful and I have added up to five tracks at one time. My only complaint for the features is that the loop is somewhat difficult to use without a stomp pedal to control it. // 9

Sound: I play a Standard Squire Stratocaster that I upgraded with a Seymour Duncan humbucker. The high distortion tones are very good with little to no excess buzzing and other unpleasant sounds. The clean sounds are good but could be a little better, but with some effects thrown in, you can make some very desirable clean tones. This amp is very loud and is somewhat hard to use in the home but it does very well miked or in small venues. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The amp is very durable and heavy. I would not be worried at all about it falling apart or something breaking. It is very sturdily built and wired efficiently as to preserve the sound and quality. I have sat on this amp and played it and it has shown no signs of wear or tear. It still looks as new as when I bought it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of hard rock with power chords and this amp fills that job very well. Line 6 does very well with digital tones and effects for hard rock tones. I have had several amps and used other people's amps and the Line 6 brand is my favorite to use. If someone stole it, I would definitely buy a new one. I thought about a Marshall amp before but this one had so many features on it that it seemed better to me and is better. I would recommend this amp to anyone, amateur or expert. // 9

More Line 6 reviews rating category latest review