G15MS Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 04/07/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
G15MS Reviewed by: neuroplay.com, on april 07, 2004

Features: This amp was made in '99, '98 I believe. The amp itself doesn't have a whole lot, but it does get the job done if you run a pedal through it. It has 1 channel. There's 2 gain knobs, EQ knobs (treble, contour, and bass), a master volume, and reverb. It's got a headphone jack so you can play silently. This is a really good practice amp. It's 3 and a half feet tall which is pretty damn big for a 15 watt amp. It's a micro stack so it has two 8 inch speakers, it can handle really low and yet high sounds. If you're looking for a practice amp with plenty of looks this is perfect. // 8

Sound: I've used Ibanezes, Fenders, Austins, Ovations, and First Acts through it and the amp makes them all sound great. With the 2 speakers it can handle a bass going through it, for hours and not blowing. It's a lot louder than regular 15 watt amps, but maybe that's just the 2 speakers. It's distortion isn't that intense, it just adds a little flavor. It's good at cutting down on background noise, but after you turn it up to 8 or more it starts to loose it's kick, the sound dulls out. This amps has great volume though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It's never broken down, I've never had it quit on me, and it never dulls out (execpt at extreme volume). With it's 2 8's it can take a pretty brutal beating. If it had some more watts I'd deffinitly take it on stage with me. I've played 2 shows with it and it's just a little too quiet, compared to the other members of the band. // 10

Overall Impression: It matches a lot of styles of music, it's not extremely great on acoustic sounds or distortion, but it's exrtemely smooth in clean. With a pedal this amp is magnificent! If it were stolen or lost or anything I would buy a new one, and then chain it to a wall so I didn't loose such a great amp again. The volumes it can get up to for only a 15 watt is great, it's just a pain in the ass to carry around 2 cabs and a head everywhere (maybe I should just get rid of 2 or 3 bands). The only reason I got this amp is because Guitar Center garaunteed me a smaller amp but they ran out of those so I got this at the same price, THANK GOD! If you need a practice amp, go out and buy this one, it's great! // 10

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ MG30CFX 9.9 Guitar Amplifiers 12/02/2014