G15RCD Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 11/04/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Marshall: G15RCD
It's perfect for all music styles. The channel is perfect on distorsion even at deafening levels.
 Features: 9.3
 8.4
 9.3
 7.4
reviews (4) pictures (3) 13 comments vote for this gear:
G15RCD Reviewed by: tristan123/, on july 25, 2006

Features: Marshall G15RCD is vertile enough to into any car easily, it is fairly light, and compact. Comes equiped with 7 channels of which contain 2 gain settings, treble, contour, bass, master volume and the great reverb control. Has 3 input jacks for cd (play along), line out and headphones. The features are brilliant, especially for a practice amp. reverb is a great gadget for getting an echoey, hall like sound, and the gain 2 can get some monster distortion. this may be a 15watt, but don't let that mislead you.Volume can be cranked up without any loss of clearity.If any thing, this amp is too powerful for its size! It is a perfect amp for jamming and playing at home, maybe for a small gig, but nothing big. // 8

Sound: I use a Fender strat, and will soon use a les paul w/ it. I play mostly rock/metal and blues. This amp aloows me to get all the sounds that I need. Amp has a good warm tone when adjusted to a clean setting, with plenty of ways to get the rock.metal sound you want. The good thing about it, is that it sounds great when quite. it will give any variety of sound you are looking for, if you feel you cannot get it near enough, an effects pedal etc work great. Pack loads of distortion for that Marshall sound at a low price, get one for less than 55-60 it's a massive bargain! // 8

Reliability & Durability: Only had a month, but used alot, no problem. Played for 3 hours didn't overhaeat. Has a strong sturdy frame. 10, so far. // 10

Overall Impression: Great for what I play. All round good amp for beginners, or intimediates for practicing. It's the best amp I have seen in it's class. Advise not using for large gigs for obvious reasons, however more than enough poer for home. has v good clearity. If this was stolen/lost I'd get the same again. After a year you/ I may want to get a new one for a change. I wish it had a foot pedal, but what can you say 48 for a great Marshall. // 8

G15RCD Reviewed by: godofshred, on august 30, 2004

Features: This amp rocks! If you had around 200qwid to get a quality amp buy one of these! It's perfect for all music styles and suites mine perfectly! I play hard rock, metal, all that sorta stuff and it has the tone and spec for each type to a tee. It has an effects jack, headphone jack and cd input jack and obviously a guitar jack! I use my amp at home and and at my school and is perfect, it has enough power to blow up a house. // 10

Sound: I use the amp with a Tele and it sound a treat! I use to us a cheapy rocket special made by Marshall and even that sounded sweeet! The channel is perfect on distorsion even at deafening levels! Its distorsion at its fullest is very scary! It makes your guitar sound like it's screaming in agony and sounds great with the metal gods songs like Green Day's 'American Idiot' and Mettalica's 'Enter Sandman'. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The amp has never broken down or needed servicing and I would definatly use it without a backup at a gig! It sometimes rattles and whisltes but corrects itself nad only does these after being banged or hit on something. If I were forced to take a back-up it would be another one of these beasts! // 8

Overall Impression: I play mostley metal and rock but sometimes dabble in other types of stuff too and this am definatly suites my needs! I have been playing around 2 years now and am very good for my age (13)! If it was stolen I would either go for another one of these or another Marshall as they are so reliable and are exellent quality! I have Squier Tele Affinity and expect a review soon! // 10

G15RCD Reviewed by: Zeus.jr, on september 28, 2010

Features: Marshall amp made in India, but I'm not entirely sure about the year. 2 Gain knobs allow for quite a broad range of distorsion and overdrive. 3 tone knobs: Treble, bass, and contour; and a master volume and reverb dials. Input jack, headphone output, line out, and CD input. This is my first amp, used for practice, but for a 15 watt amp the volume and gain can be cranked up high and it still remains fuzz-less. // 9

Sound: I play lots of Rock. Classic rock, Blues Rock, Hard Rock, all that sorta thing. This amp delivers my music tastes perfectly, but it's wide range of tonal options offer many different styles of music. The first gain can be put halfway for a great clean sound, turning it up all the way can provide a crunchier tone. The second gain provides distorsion, and turning up both the gain to maximum will give a monsterous overdrive, but amazingly, it barely makes any buzz whatsoever. It's quite powerful for a 15 watt amp, the volume can be set VERY loud, but since I only need it for practice, the master volume rarely rises above halfway, and even then it makes sure it's heard! The contour tone dial denses the sound together when turned up for a very tight, muffled sound; while turning it down separates sound waves for a cleaner, 70's Rock sort of sound. Reverb is nothing new, but it sounds awesome, very 'realistic' echo of a hall/cave. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It definately looks tough and sturdy, and I have bashed it around a bit, but it remains with only a few battle scars. (considering my relative had it for about 5 years before I did)No huge dents or scratches, just minor dings and scuffs. It's probably not wise to use an amp this small for a gig, but that doesn't mean it can't do it; it's definately loud enough! After 6 years it still hasn't broken down on me, one of the wires connected to the speaker slipped off once, but it was easily pushed back on. Very reliable. // 8

Overall Impression: As stated I play lots of Rock and this delivers my needs. It's gain and tone dials provide a wide variety of music styles to be played, and it doesn't suffer from any pickup buzz. I've been playing for about 7 months, and this is my first amp, but when compared to other amp's that share it's wattage it really can't be beat. I love the fact that it is compact, but by no means quiet, or dull. I don't think I could have asked for more in a practice amp, but if I lost it, then I probably would have had to pay full price to get another, so I probably would go for something slightly more powerful. If you need a basic, but fantastic practice amplifier then look no further than the Marshall G15RCD. // 9

G15RCD Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 04, 2011

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Features: My Marshall G15RCD was made in Korea, not sure about the year, it has two gain knobs, bass treble and contour, master volume and reverb. It has a guitar input jack, headphone out, line out and 1/4" input jack for mp3 players, CD players or computers. It is 15 watts into a single 8 ohm speaker. It has an open back. // 10

Sound: I use an Ibanez 370 straight into the amp. I used to use a Strat, but I ended up loosing it. This amp sounds great with both guitars, whether you play it clean or cranked. I have read reviews where people say it only has one tone and its terrible, but I find using gain 1 to Drive the amps overdrive and gain two as volume, then using the master volume works wonders. You can get a really warm sound this way, even if your playing clean. There is a whole lot of tone in this amp. The overdrive is almost Slash like, just not quite as much of it, its that classic Marshall warm crunch. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had this amp for 6 years, and bought it second hand. The amp has taken a lot of rough and tumble but its still going. It has a very solid chassis. I have had no problems with this amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all sorts of music, blues, rock, indie, punk, rock n roll and this amp can handle it all fine. As long as you remember that tone comes from your fingers and your guitar and not just the amp and are able to listen to the amp and play with the settings then you can get a usable tone for just about anything. If I lost this amp I would definitely replace it with the exact same model. I really do love this amp. // 10

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ DSL40C 9 Guitar Amplifiers 07/28/2014