JCM2000 TSL601 Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 09/23/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Marshall: JCM2000 TSL601
This amp is crisp on clean, biting for blues, and monstrous for metal; a superb all rounder.
 9.1
 9.1
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
JCM2000 TSL601 Reviewed by: Intoxicator, on september 23, 2006

Features: I mostly play hevier stuff. The amp does almost everything. That's my first serious amp so I haven't still played a lot through it. It has 3 pre-amp and 2 power-amp valves. If I'm not mistaken, it also has several non-valve parts in it, so it actually is't a full valve amp. Also it features a custom wolverine speeker (magnet is huge) and 60W of rms can rip you to small pieces. 3 chanels, spring reverb, seperated to clean and overdriven chanels. It also has a pararel FX loop, which I, unfortunately, haven't tried yet. The amp has a tone shift button, so I can change tone by scooping out mids a bit. Amp also features a footswitch. As I play in several bands, this thing appears to be very versatile and it certainly gives me enough power. // 9

Sound: My guitar is a cheep Fender Stratocaster copy. Nevertheless it has a good humbuker, so I can get quite a rich sound. The clean chanel is made to be distorted a bit on high volumes, but that suits to me perfectly, also I can reduce the distortion by pushing gain back. A crunch chanel is made to play anything from pop-rock to hevier stuff. But it doesn't go with metal. And of course the lead. It is spectacular. You can made almost any sound that you want. Also this chanel can be used with some metal sounds as well. I hanven't tried many efects with the amp. The only stomp box I have is a Metal Zone MT-2 and it sounds realy good with this amp. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The amp has already been taken to several shows and it does the job very well. As the amp is new it still has a long way to go before I can say anything about reliability and durability. The one thing I can say is that it looks great. Also it is not a light weighted one, so you would need some kind of transportation to travel with it. // 9

Overall Impression: It is a realy good amp for me. It definitely sounds better than my old Crate. now I need a new guitar to mach my "sound factory". I don't give a 10 only because I know that there is always a better amp. // 9

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ MG30CFX 9.9 Guitar Amplifiers 12/02/2014