JVM215C Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 11/21/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Marshall: JVM215C
This amp has 2 channels and 3 modes per channel. Nice cleans, great bluesy, rock and metal tones. It is perfect!
 9.1
 8.2
review (1) pictures (2) 10 comments vote for this gear:
JVM215C Reviewed by: TornUp, on november 21, 2011

Purchased from: GC

Features: Made in England. Great quality! Talk about versatile. You can do anything with this amp. Nice cleans, great bluesy, rock and metal tones. This amp has 2 channels and 3 modes per channel. All tube and 50W is plenty of power to cut through in band situations, yet you can still get a good quiet practice sound out of this amp also. // 10

Sound: I am using an American Standard Strat with Hot Rails pickups and play mainly classic and sometimes harder rock. This amp nails all the tones without any help from pedals. From clean to bluesy overdriven to nice chunky rock rhythms and sings in leads. If you are really into the high gain stuff you will get a bit of noise on the higher gain settings. But this is normal for a high gain amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built like a tank. I don't expect any problems with this amp. I have had several other amps made elsewhere and you can see the difference in quality with just a quick look. There is something to be said about paying a few hundred more for an amp. In my opinion after trying out the others. I would have paid even more for this one! // 10

Overall Impression: I play mainly classic and sometimes harder rock. This amp is perfect! Been playing for 30 plus years and this is definitely the best sounding and feature filled amp that I have ever owned. There is not one thing I would change about this amp. After trying so many others it is definitely worth every penny. I tried to go the cheaper route with the amps made in China or elsewhere and was just disappointed time after time. I really cannot say enough about just how happy I am with this amp. I'd rather not bash other amps so I will leave it at that. // 10

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ MG30CFX 9.9 Guitar Amplifiers 12/02/2014