MA50H Review

review (1) pictures (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
MA50H Reviewed by: Zakkwylde2179, on february 20, 2013

Price paid: € 513

Purchased from: local dealer

Features: Well, This Marshall may be cheap but is kicka-s as hell. It has of course the classical Marshall colours (gold and black) and its a full tube amp. 2 channels, clean and overdrive. Knobs: precense, resonance, reverb, gain, treble, bass, middle, crunch balance and volume). It also has a boost for overdrive which is wicked. Fifty watts are enough for me, for on stage performances and for bedroom shit too. No headphones output which doesn't bothers me much. It weights about 20 kilos I think. It has one power and one standby switch and a bright sexy red colour inside! // 9

Sound: Generally the MA series is cheap but I didn't expect that it has such a great sound. I am currently running the amp through a pedal board I have built and I have the most beautiful sound. However the amp itself has the most smooth clean sound I have ever heard. The distortion is really adjustable. It is good for rock to metal sounds! You can adjust the gain and find your sound easily. I play with Seymour Duncan pickups on a Schecter and I am truly amazed at the variations of sounds you can get from this thing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Well, as I bought the amp a months ago I can't say anything about servicing the tubes and stuff. But so far no problems are showed up. I have used it at 6 performances and it is really reliable. Also I think that twenty kilos is a good weight for a head. I can carry it on foot. I believe it wont crush on stage because I don't have another head but as I have read in some reviews about the amp, it is very reliable and I don't think you ll need a backup amp! And as this is a tube amp, after shutting it down remember to wait a few minutes before moving it because you may damage the tubes. // 10

Overall Impression: I am in love with my amp! I play from hard rock to metal and I can get the sound as I want it! The bright red light inside of this head is sure to attract the eyes of the crowd! I had a mg Marshall before and I am truly amazed with my new one. I don't want to make you buy it because of my enthusiasm but I am convinced that it is more from what I expected and for his money... Its amazing. For me it has only one disadvantage which is that adjusting a knob eg. Treble it affects the others. that's because it's a tube amp I think. But all the others are just perfect. Keep rockin'. Video from YouTube:

// 10

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ DSL40C 9 Guitar Amplifiers 07/28/2014