MG100RCD Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 10/21/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Marshall: MG100RCD
It is so powerful, has a wide range on tones, and has a nice crunchy distortion as well as a good clean sound. The clean could have been a little brighter, but is good none the less. This amp is great for hard rockers like myself who like a little heavy tone.
 6.4
 2.8
review (1) 10 comments vote for this gear:
MG100RCD Reviewed by: yellowcab643, on october 21, 2008

Purchased from: ebay

Features: I first bought a Marshall amp in the 1970's. It didn't sound good at all because I couldn't afford the speaker cabinet that goes with it. I've studied with professionals in the studio for so long that I plan to learn just by listening and working the frets on the guitar. I really like the sound with songs by the Floyd and Sting sounds just right. Something I would like to mention about this brand is that my family is a retarded dud and they got fixated on, "Marshall". They thought it was their foot or the fly in their eye and they couldn't get off of it because they were so stuck up. // 10

Sound: Used with a GW10 Yamaha guitar performance effector and a DigiTech: RP100 effect pedal the sound is something fantastic. It sounds like the Beach Boys and you can hear the band Live. I get Journey or the Scorpions without changing the dials. Both of the effects pedals were puchased at local pawn shops for cheap and they like magic work. Standard amp sound is just ok. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The amp is working just fine and I wonder if I'll ruin it on stage when playing at full voume for very long. I don't even break a guitar string - I haven't needed on in 4 years. As far as durability - I wouldn't hit it very hard or let people bump into it. // 10

Overall Impression: It's an awful lot of music and neighbors sound like zoo animals trying to talk and nonbody can tell Who is really deaf. I had a loud Fender amp at first and I bought this entire setup with a check I got from ASCAP because I sang in two concerts in San Francisco. I'm suprised that I sound like Van Halen at all and couldn't hear it until I bought recording equipment so that people hiring with computer sites could hear it. Favorite feature is that it is loud! // 10

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ Haze 40 7.5 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014