MG15MSII Microstack Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 02/05/2009 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Marshall: MG15MSII Microstack
You won't be able to resist this 15 watt Microstack, complete with two 1x10 cabinets. This is the "mini-me" of Marshall stacks! Surprisingly loud, the Marshall MG15MSII Microstack makes an excellent practice amp, and looks great in any location.
 8.3
 8.2
 8.4
reviews (2) 41 comments vote for this gear:
MG15MSII Microstack Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 29, 2006

Features: This amp offers a lot of options in terms of sound (especially for me upgrading from a basic 10W Fender amp). It sports two cabinets and a separate head which looks cool and packs a punch for only being 15W. You have separate volume controls for clean and distortion (no pedal though) and you also have reverb (which is pretty dull). No fantastic special effects or anything, but what are pedals for? It plays rock and softer sounds fantastically and even has an input for CD's etc. It also has Mashall's FDD technology which sounds a tad better but it's nothing to brag about. // 7

Sound: I'm using a crappy Squier Bullet Strat and it sounds fantastic! Pretty much no cracking, and it sounds fantastic with hard rock/pop sounds and some good riffs. It can be very loud if you want it to be, I would consider using it for a few gigs. The distortion is great and gives you a lot of options to get the sound you want. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've only had it for about three weeks now but I've pushed it to it's limits, I've had no problems with it and I don't expect any in the future. I would be more than happy to rely on it without a backup. It's a very sturdy construction and I can't see it getting easily damaged. It's very heavy and stable so I don't envision too many problems but this is my first Marshall so I don't know what to expect. // 10

Overall Impression: For someone like me Who plays a lot of rock, but a lot of softer stuff as well this amp works brilliantly. It gives you a clean sound and is great with distortion. I would probably opt to use my distortion pedal due to the simple fact the amp doesn't have it's own pedal, but I cannot fault it for anything else. I'm entirely happy with this and would replace it instantly if I ever needed to. I love the way it is separated and looks like a full Marshall stack! Too cool! I still wish it had it's own pedal for switching between clean/distortion and possibly a few more effects but that's what the Marshall pedal range is for. // 9

MG15MSII Microstack Reviewed by: Jab-46, on february 05, 2009

Purchased from: ebay

Features: This Marshall microstack is a cracking looking amp. It's quite punchy for it's size and has a very bassy tone. however looks fantastic wen stacked up. It has a OD channel which isnt brilliant but it's good for bedroom use but no footpedal is included. It has sockets for headphones, CD and other cool stuff. // 7

Sound: This amp has a alright sound, for me it's a bit bassy and there isnt enuff treble but I like a hard metel tone. however it's better than some amps out there on the market todaii. If yhure looking for a blues tone this I think is a good amp for that. It's clean channle is ok but it does have quite a distorted sound but good overall. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This is a reall reliable amp and will last, but mine has had a few knocks it still works fine but it has a rattle wen yhu shake the head so durabilty could be better. But all in all it's quite a good reliable amp which can be be broken down into it's 3 parts for easy transport. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this amp is it looks good has good volume and is great for bedroom use. however having used a Line 6 spider amp for a year this amp has a very bassy tone and now is not up to my expexations. but brilliant if yhu want a stack and don't have the room. // 7

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ MG30CFX 9.7 Guitar Amplifiers 12/26/2014