VS65R Review

manufacturer: Marshall date: 02/25/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Marshall: VS65R
Constant research and development coupled with reaction to market feedback has led to the VS65R's improved circuitry and features. The VS65R contains a 12AX7 preamp tube, which operates within both the Clean and Overdrive channels. It also features natural sounding spring Reverb, a parallel Effects loop (with a front-panel Mix control), a Line Out jack, a custom designed 12" Marshall "Gold Back" speaker and headphone jack, which mutes the internal speaker, making the amp perfect for private practice.
 7.6
 7.5
 7.6
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
VS65R Reviewed by: 315Excuses, on february 25, 2006

Purchased from: Martin Phelps Music

Features: As a 65W Valvestate amp, this can deliver a pretty good sound clean and distorted. It gives me depth and a great tone which is good. It came with a channel switching footswitch and has effect loops and one headfone jack. The reverb on it is ok but I don't use it as I hav a multi-FX pedalboard. // 8

Sound: I'm using an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty with it and it sounds real nice! Gives me all I want in distortion and when I want clean. I tend to play various types of music including metal, rock and punk and with a few minor adjustments to the settings, it holds up pretty well. Although, sometimes, it doesn't like pinch harmonics and starts to crackle. Not often, but it does do it everynow and again. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I think I could use it in a gig without too much hassle but, due to the crackling in the pinch harmonics, I wouldn't use it for an important gig. A small private gig yes certainly, it can deal with that no problem. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, it's a pretty gd amp. Good sound, easy to work with (as most Marshalls are) and it can handle what I want easily. When I got it, I had it up against a Laney 50W multi-FX amp and the Marshall won easily. Just hitting a couple of power chords in the shop on it made me get it, even after playing 2 whole songs on the Laney to see what it had got! // 8

More Marshall reviews rating category latest review
+ Haze 40 7.5 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014