ML15 Review

2.9
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
ML15 Reviewed by: MarkoakaNiggaK, on june 07, 2011

Purchased from: Local music store

Features: A small single channel solid state made 2006 in Canada. It's very loud for its 10W of power. It has a standard 3-band EQ, a distortion on/off Switch and a headphone jack. It lacks a gain control. The distortion gets a bit muddy when volume is turned up to 5 o clock. I use it for practice, recording and I did gig once with it connected to a mixer. The only outstanding thing about this amp is its clean sound. It literally sparkles. // 7

Sound: I use an Ibanez GAX 30 with stock pickups. It dose not suit my choice of music that I preform cause of the muddy distortion. I'm in to all good music. Everything but rap and those modern faggy-pants white trash b--ches who auto-tune them selves. The amp is loud as I said earlier but it does not get noisy and the clean sound is marvelous. The only time that happens is when you bring your guitar direct in ront of the speaker. Only the distortion sucks, but everything else is pretty much awesome. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Man this amp fell 3 times of a truck and I throw it around the house all the time so I think it's pretty dependable. The only way to get this broken is hm... To sink it in water or acid and the give it a beating with a sledgehammer. It got neglected like an street dog and still works just fine. Maybe the fact that it is and solid state has something to do with it hehe. // 10

Overall Impression: I play some thrash, industrial and groove. It isn't a good match for those styles cause of the lack of serious distortion, but the clean channel and reliability makes up for that. I play now for almost five years and have this amp for 3 years. I am planning to buy myself a Ibanez Mimix amp or an Marshall Valve-State amp so the question of "if it where stolen..." falls of. I love the clean sound, hate the distortion. I compared it to low end Randall and Orange model and thought back then that it was a good buy and still think that way. A distortion pedal isn't that expensive either. And at last I wish it had an gain control but you can't have everything. // 8

More Mega reviews rating category latest review
+ GL30B 5.5 Bass Amplifiers 04/02/2009