Crush 35LDX Review

8.2
reviews (2) pictures (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
Crush 35LDX Reviewed by: jrkgrb, on march 01, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Features: This amp is setup like most solid state combos, bass, treble, mid, volume, overdrive and gain. It also has 16 digital fx, line out, and a built in tuner. These amps look just like all other Orange amps which is a cool feature as well. I have the one in black. // 9

Sound: The clean sound is great, and the fx sound better than any Line 6 I've heard lately. The overdrive channel is strictly that... overdrive. Don't expect to get a heavy sound out of this amplifier. With the overdrive and gain maxed out the best I could get is shrill highs and weak lows. In the near future I'm going to change out the speaker since the stock one is generic and feels "just thrown in so it'll work". // 7

Reliability & Durability: As far as gigging I wouldn't know. I bought this simply for my own personal use. I am a bassist that happens to also play guitar. This suits its purpose for the most part. It seems pretty solid, no weird sounds or any failures to turn on yet. It's a great practice amp for home. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot of different styles from metal to Indie and the clean and fx work great. I had hoped this would have a good distortion but this was the only thing I was disappointed in. Nothing a good pedal can't fix anyway. If this were lost or stolen, I probably would get a Vox, some of those have better distortion channels. // 8

Crush 35LDX Reviewed by: chord masta', on july 11, 2011

Price paid: C$ 214.99

Purchased from: Selinger's Music

Features: I bought this amp about a week ago, and have played it for abot 8 hours in that time. I have to say, for how small it is, it packs a good punch. The amp is made mostly for Acoustic and light music, but it does have a gain/overdrive channel which can sound pretty nice. It does have a headphone jack, a tuner, and 2 inputs, and I'm pretty sure is capable of supporting a cab (if you ever needed it to be louder). It has tons of effects aswell, and you can sit there for hours just playing awesome custom effects. You almost don't even need an effects board. It is a solid state amp, but it is still a very good amp. // 10

Sound: I'm mostly using my Ibanez RGA32 with this amp, but I sometimes use my Harmony Rocket H53 on it aswell. The pickups on the Ibanez are humbuckers, and makes a nice sound. It mostly suits my music style. I'm mostly a rock guitarist, and it sounds really nice on light distortion, but you can not do heavy metal on this thing (as is with almost all Orange amps) as it will sounds terrible. The clean channel sounds nice at any volume (I usually use 3 or 4, which is very loud). // 8

Reliability & Durability: If I were at a gig, I don't think I'd need to bring a backup for this amp. I can completely depend on this amp. I have only had the amp for a week, so I am not sure if it will break down because of neglect of regular servicing, or just plain neglect. It is a pretty durable amp, as it had been moved around/ dropped a couple times in the store. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said earlier, I usually play rock, and it definitely sounds nice when I play light rock, but heavy rock doesn't sound right at all. I have been playing for about 3 or 4 years now, and the only other amp I've used is a Marshall MG10CD, and this amp definitely beats the Marshall. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably buy a more powerful Orange amp, because I love the sound of Orange Amps, but if I had to buy the same amp, I would buy it back for sure. I think it has anything a guitarist could ask for. Built in tuner, headphone jack, 2 imputs, etc. So, no I don't think I wish it had anything else. // 9

More Orange reviews rating category latest review
+ Micro Terror 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 08/26/2014