Rockerverb 50 Combo Review

manufacturer: Orange date: 02/02/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Orange: Rockerverb 50 Combo
The Rocker 50's versatility makes it a fantastic studio work horse. It's packed with different tones for all kinds of music!
 Features: 8.5
 8.5
 8.8
 8.2
reviews (2) 36 comments vote for this gear:
Rockerverb 50 Combo Reviewed by: theMARSvolta5, on august 27, 2005

Purchased from: N/A

Features: I bought this amp becuase I heard that the Mars Volta's guitarist used them and because of this, I was expecting a very good amp, and I was not let down. The Rockerverb 50 Combo is a tube-driven amp with reverb built in (hence the name Rockerverb) I wish this amp had more effects but I am not complaining, it is one of the only amps who's reverb doesnt kill your tone, kudos Orange! I play classic rock and shred and some metal and this amp can do all of my styles with just the right amount of gain, and near perfect tone. All in all the featues on this amp are good. // 8

Sound: Like I said, this amp fits my music styles well. I use a JS100 guitar (Joe Satriani custom) and it sounds very good on this amp with a cry baby wah pedal here and there. This amp has the most exceptional clean channel I have ever heard and the overdive is just a little worse. I wouldn't call the distortion "brutal" but it gets the job done. // 8

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 4 years and this is one of the best non- head/cabnit amps I have heard and I have heard many. It fits my styles well as I said and the features are worth using. It is a bit pricy but you can snag this amp for cheap on eBay or some such place (I suggest online because Orange amps are at very few retail stores). In the end, this is a very good amp if yuo play similar styles as I do and I suggust you try it before buying. // 8

Rockerverb 50 Combo Reviewed by: jordy-77, on february 02, 2008

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Features: This is the amp I've been looking for! It is an extremely versatile tube amp and can range from blues, to classic rock, to a hugeee crunch. I play classic rock and blues, and this thing is perfect. It's 50 watts, has a dirty and clean channel, with bass, treble, mids, and master volume, along with a fantastic sounding reverb. The 50 watts is enough for almost any gig up to playing madison square garden. This amp has a Effects loop, speaker inputs, 2 amazing Celestion V 30's, along with 6 tubes. I wish it had a mid control on the clean channel, and that's all that's missing from this amazinly versatile amp. Unfortunately the footswitch doesn't come with the amp and can be bought for 60$ (but I bought a cheaper one). I use this amp to practice, and play with my band, and it is loud enough. // 9

Sound: I play a Gibson Les Paul, Fender MIA Strat, through a couple pedals. It has a crystal clear clean, which is a little weak but the dirty channel makes it all worth it. The dirty channel has crunch that is amazing because you can hear every note you play, unlike a mesa/boogie. You get a Jimmy Page to Slash Crunch when you turn the gain past half, and I find that it has better overall crunch then a Mesa. The reverb adds a very unique sound to your tone. If you want Classic Rock this is your amp! I've tried all the Marshall's, and this blew away the Vintage Modern, the Plexi was way too loud in order to get distortion, making this the perfect amp for anyone playing at home and gigging/recording. This amp has a very warm sound, but that comes when everything is around halfway. The only thing that keeps this from being the perfect tone is it's cleans are a little lacking in brightness, but still a great clean (close to Fender). // 9

Reliability & Durability: Yes, this amp is extremely heavey and solid. In the time I've had it I've had no problems. I trust this amp, and when I lift it I can tell it's built to last. I'm not too sure if this amp comes with a warranty because my parents picked it up (even though I'm paying for it). Get this amp because it is very reliable and has amazing tone! // 10

Overall Impression: This is perfect for classic rock and blues, and has an amazing crunch. If you're thinking Marshall, don't get a Orange unless you can really crank the Marshall. I've been playing almost 3 and a half years and this is the best amp I've tried and I've spent hours in stores trying them out. This blew away my Mesa Boogie F-50! I would defianetaly buy this if it got lost (if I have the money). I compared this to a Marshall 1987xl, Fender Vibrolux and Twin Reverb, and Marshall Vintage Modern, a Mesa F-50, and this proved better for classic rock. Only thing I reallly wish it had was Fender cleans. But overall I love this amp and don't hate anything about it, it's almost perfect for me! // 10

More Orange reviews rating category latest review
+ Micro Terror 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 08/26/2014