G10 Review

manufacturer: Park date: 01/16/2009 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Park: G10
For auction is one Park G10 electric guitar amplifier. This is the amplifier in the cabinet with the speaker but it is missing all of its knobs and nuts that hold the potentiometers to the faceplate. It's also missing the speaker wires.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 6.6
 8.2
 4.9
reviews (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
G10 Reviewed by: petey gunnz, on november 09, 2007

Purchased from: A family friend

Features: I belive this amp was made in the 80s or maybe even the '70s. It's basically a lower version of a Marshall MG series. This amp is pretty versatile for my style of playing which is punk and metal. It could work with any style your just gonna def need a distorion pedal for it cause the distortion is lacking. It has a volume knob, 2 gain knobs, and a bass mid and treble knob. It also has a headphone jack which is a nice addition but I never used it. I wish it had more power and more distortion and some reverb. // 7

Sound: This amp sounds pretty sweet with my guitar, the clean channels are pretty nice and the distortion is ok, just not good for my style music, which is why I bought a DS-1. it's can be pretty loud on max but it doesn't sound too good on max I keep it around 75 percent volume. The amp doesn't have much variety in sounds but it works for beginners. The distortion can be brutal when both knobs are turned up all the way but it's just too much. Best settings for the distortion if you wanna use it is gain 1 up all the way and gain 2 at about 50 percent. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on it and I will prob gig with this in a couple of months cause it's very portable and I don't plan on doing a big gig yet. This amp never really gave me any problems so I have no complaints. The jacks don't seem like they'll ever have problems and the knobs are pretty good. This amp is built to last, end of story. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly punk and metal and it works well except your gonna need a pedal to get some good distortion I recommend a DS-1. I've been playing about a year and I recently upgraded to a Spider III 75 watt which is a huge difference. I got a really good deal with it and I don't regret paying 25 dollars for it. If I were to lose it I wouldn't get another just because I got better now but if it were a couple of months ago I would a def got another one of these just cause there so reliable. I wish it had better distortion and some reverb. You might be able to find this on eBay sometimes for a cheap price, it's quite the steal for beginners of all kinds. // 8

G10 Reviewed by: mr. BiGG, on january 16, 2009

Features: this amp has very little effects but does what it says on the tin and is a neat little practice amp the amp is single channel in the fact you don't turn gain off you turn it down I use this amp when my marshal breaks and tbh it does have a nice sound especially coupled with pedals but one thing I warn you the gain on this amp is not nice unless on full it's not versatile enough you either need to have it so you can't hear it or on full otherwise frankly it sounds horrible! // 7

Sound: I play classic rock blues and some heavier stuff and this can suite all of them but it takes sum playing around with the amp itself can pull quite a large volume especially with gain and sounds pretty tight at high volume but does have a tendency to shake everything in the room... it's fairly bassy. like I said it can make a few different noises but to get the balance on gain that doesnt't sound horrible you have to spend sum time so not suitable for giging. the clean sound on this never raches high volume unless you add gain unfortunately giving the amp a letdown. but on the upside the distortion is strong and flat out sounds almost as gd as my Marshall // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have never had a problem with this amp it's lasted being kicked full pelt in fury fine! I would not gig this amp as it is not suited to it at all it can be loud but only with distortion and then it takes a while to gt a gd distortion sound that isnt flat out. but on the grounds of being reliable and durable. // 10

Overall Impression: this amp is a brilliant little practice amp but never take it as more than that it's not a gig worthy peice of kit and is not suited to performances but hell it's fun! and I don't think I'm ever gonna get rid of it as it's such a gd throwabout amp! it's just loveable even it's faults can be taken advantage of such as if you find the horrible gain setting on it but add flanger it roars! overal a fun little amp nothing more. // 8

More Park reviews rating category latest review
+ G25R 7.5 Guitar Amplifiers 03/14/2011