260 Series Review

6.2
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
260 Series Reviewed by: Ir a+infinitive, on april 12, 2010

Purchased from: an auction

Features: The Peavy 260 booster was made sometime within the last ten years, I couldn't find anything online about when it was made. This amp works for really anything, you can use it as a head for a cab or as a PA system itself, it also works as a monitor. The amp has 4 channels 2 AUX channels and 2 LINE in channels. It also has 2 speaker outputs on the back and 2 monitor outputs on the front. It really doesn't need anymore features except for a female microphone input jack. I use this amp for band practice and for gigs and it works great, I've never had any problem with it and it has 400 watts so its suitable for most small to medium sized gig. // 8

Sound: Currently I'm using a Ibanez ART core with factory pickups, the sound is incredible. I also use a Roland mic with this amp and it sounds crystal clear for vocals as well. It fits my style perfectly and basically any other style its just a booster amp. My band is primarily Shoe-gaze/Alternative and it fits us perfectly. There is no noise at all, no extra crackling or humming when not being used, there's just not extra noise. The amp basically makes whatever sounds your amp is making, like I said its just a booster. The clean which is all the time on this amp is amazing there's no extra sounds at all and its just perfect. // 9

Reliability & Durability: So far this amp has been very dependable, I got it in almost mint condition from an auction and I've never had any problems with it I'd definitely use it at a gig without a backup. The amp has never broken down on me or had any problems and as it looks there has never been any neglect dealt to the amp. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said I play mostly Shoe-gaze the amp works perfectly for anything though. I've been playing about three years, I own a Fender Automatic SE, an older Peavy PA system from before they changed their logo, several pedals, and several guitars, and a few Peavy '12 PA speakers and this booster just completes my setup. I probably wouldn't buy it again because all of the other ones I've seen go for hundreds, I was lucky to get it for roughly forty bucks at an auction. I love this entire amp and I hope they continue the series. Compared to my actual PA head I like it better, less channels but I still like it better. I just wish it had the female imput. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Envoy 110 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 11/10/2014