Bandit 65 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 11/22/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Peavey: Bandit 65
It features a 12" Scorpion speaker, preamp output and power output for patching various accessories. Special low, mid and high passive EQ circuitry and special presence active circuitry.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 8.2
 8.8
 7.5
reviews (2) pictures (2) 29 comments vote for this gear:
Bandit 65 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 16, 2005

Purchased from: Friend

Features: There isn't much to this amp. Volume, treble (high), bass (low), middle, presence and reverb. Two channels, effects loop, extenal output and footswitch to change channel and turn efect on/off. // 8

Sound: The sound of this amp isn't brilliant but isn't by far bad. I don't use the amps distortion (lead channel) as this is a very bad overdrive! I used a Zoom 505 with a BC Rich when I used the amp. The clean is ok but the best part of the sound is how loud it goes! It goes way past 65, the amp kicked my mates Marshal AVT 100 watt up the ass! I never giged with the amp past 3 and I palyed at many big venues! // 8

Reliability & Durability: This amp I got for 60 as it had 3 owners before me! It has been around for like 20 years now and is still goin strong. The only thing changed is a volume knob. // 10

Overall Impression: The amp is true Peavey quality and very loud! My Vox AD50VT is much more advanced but this amp done the job. Overall a very good buy and money well spent! // 8

Bandit 65 Reviewed by: KnightX, on november 22, 2011

Purchased from: guitar centreI bought

Features: I bought this amplifier used at Guitar Centre because I needed just a little more "punch" when I play with the house band. Tired of "mic'ing" my smaller Fender I decided to give this workhorse a try. It has many more knobs than I can figure out (gains, reverb, presence, etc). // 8

Sound: I am using a Squier Affinity Telecaster and play mostly retro-rock (anything from the 50's, 60's and 70's) It sounds great, whether a James Gang cover, Buddy Holly or 38 Special. The sound and especially the volume are there at my disposal. I can't see any style not covered by this gem. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Since I just picked it up this afternoon, and test drove it for one extended set, my opinion is based on a one time experience, and I couldn't be more pleased. I can see this amp in many an upcoming gig with no reservations. Every, and I mean every review I have read, sings the praise of this amp's reliability and bulletproof reputation. // 9

Overall Impression: For my style (retro-rock) this amp fills the bill just fine. From the power chords of "Smoking In The Boy's Room" to the subtle chords of "Hold On Loosely" this amp has the sound and punch to get out to an outdoor audience. My lead player's Mesa tube amp even fell silent to my Bandit. By far, a worthwhile purchase. No more scavanging for an open P.A. Chanel, or unused input jack to be heard. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ PXD Twenty-Three III 8.8 Electric Guitars 10/07/2014