Decade Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 09/07/2003 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Peavey: Decade
90's Peavey Decade amp., 10 watts, solid state, 8 inch spkr.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Decade Reviewed by: DJ`Jessen, on september 07, 2003

Features: I'd say the amp is about 12 years old.. it has 2 channels.. Normal and Saturated, Pre and Post Gain nobs.. and the Low Mid and High EQ Nobs. I wish it would have a headphone jack, and a foot swtich.. but it's just a little amp. I use this amp in my computer room.. because I don't wanna drag the big one up. // 6

Sound: The amp is very versatile.. I play everything from blues to metal on it. It's a pretty nice sounding amp.. not too noisy on many settings.. although it becomes a little overbearing on the clean channel with my humbuckers. The clean channel stays pretty clean.. sounds bright and alive. The distortion wont compare with a Marshall, but it sounds alright. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Well.. it's just my at-home-amp so I don't use it in gigs.. although I did once. And yes.. it's very dependable. Never broken down in all the time I've had it. // 10

Overall Impression: It's a great little amp for all ocasions. Not a front amp for shows and such.. but if you looking for an all around good sounding amp for at home.. look up the Peavy Decade. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ XXL 212 9.1 Guitar Amplifiers 09/30/2015