Supreme Head Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 03/05/2009 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Peavey: Supreme Head
The Peavey Surpreme is just an awesome head. The clean channel is never distorted, not even at high volumes. But once you turn on distortion, it is really brutal.
reviews (2) pictures (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Supreme Head Reviewed by: munkych33z, on march 05, 2009

Features: The Peavey Surpreme is just an awesome head. In fact, it's the best one I have right now. It is versatile for the styles I play which are rock, and metal. It has really good distortion, and I love it. It has channels - a clean, and a distortion. The only effect it has built into it is reverb, but I bought a DigiTech RP250 so it's fine. // 10

Sound: I am using a variety of guitars so I always get different sounds, but I am always satisfied. it's really touchy, like Marshall touchy. It's extremely quiet, than all the sudden when you hardly even move the knob at all it's like, blasting loud, I love it. The clean channel is never distorted, not even at high volumes. But once you turn on distortion, it is really brutal. The amp says "metal" all over it (not literally). I love that distortion, there is tons of it. It sounds so metal, I can hardly stop playing once I've started. It sounds great also because I'm using a 4-speaker Randall cabinet. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Yes I would use it in a gig with no backup. I can definitely depend on it. No, it has never broken down, never had anything wrong with it, I think a lot of quality was spent making it. Definitely some of Peavey's best work. It's great. If I'm ever famous, it might be my signature amp. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and rock. It's a match made in heaven. I've been playing for like 2 years. I own lots of other amps n stuff, this is the best I've seen. If it was stolen, I would buy this thing again its the best amp I own so far. I love everything about it. My favorite feature is the high amounts of distortion and gain. Love it. Like I said before, I wish it had more effects, but I bought a DigiTech RP250 and it's fine now. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Tracer LT 8.3 Electric Guitars 04/29/2015