Transchorus 210 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 06/07/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Peavey: Transchorus 210
The Amp has 3 channel Clean Crunch and Lead. It has channel switching but I don't have the Footswitch.
 6.4
 3.7
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Transchorus 210 Reviewed by: gio, on june 07, 2004

Purchased from: Mooloolaba Music

Features: - 2x10 inch blue marvel speakers - 2X50 watts - Footpedal channel selector - 3 channels, clean, crunch and lead - Stereo FX loop - Headphone jack - "Transtube" technology // 8

Sound: I have only had it for about 2 months and I have been playing guitar for only about a year. Up until this amp I had an Ashton 6 Watt a pretty big jump up I think. I use it with my Epiphone SG Special and it sounds beautiful. I get a lot of feedback though with the gain right up but I think thats my guitar. Basically, the sound quality and response is quite close to a tube amp because of the "transtube" technology thing. This also allows you to choose how much power your giving the amp. Mine is always on 100% because why would I want it to sound like a 10watt? Plenty of tone in clean and a really ballsy crisp distortion very much like AC/DC. Great reverb as well, but I barely use it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far no problems at all every saturday I practice with my band and we play from 10 in the morning til 7 at night in 2 months I have never had any problems at all, and im really happy with it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a mixture of music from Eric Clapton, AC/DC, Audioslave, Slayer and it performs just great. When I bought it I also compared it to the Marshall equivelant and there was little difference. I chose this over the Marshall because I prefer the distortion and I like the fact that this has 2 speakers, it gives a clearer sound. If it was lost, smashed, stolen I would get another if I had the money. for the prive its an Excellent Amp and I reccomend it to everyone looking for a small gig/ jaming amp. // 8

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ 6534+ 7.3 Guitar Amplifiers 09/15/2014