TransFex Pro 212 Review

manufacturer: Peavey date: 11/08/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Peavey: TransFex Pro 212
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
TransFex Pro 212 Reviewed by: syn0006669, on november 08, 2010

Features: This amp was made in 1997. This is a very good amp as far as versatility. Any sound you want can be produced from the built in MIDI presets or by tweaking them yourself. I play bit's of everything but mainly Hard/Metal-core, Rock, Classic Rock, 80's hair metal, Straight metal, newer metal, and this amplifier works for all genres. It even has a preset named 'ALIEN'. When on this preset and you play anything, it sounds like a spaceship landing. It is very cool. I have only played with it for two days and I already love it. As far as the number of channels, 4. Clean, crunch, lead, and ultra. It even has a built in chromatic tuner. I use this amp for practice, gigging out, recording, everything. It is solid state powered by tubes. The amount of effect on the sound the tubes has is controlled by a knob on the front. It's 180 Watts. 90 to each speaker. // 10

Sound: Right now I'm running my Schecter with duncan-designed pickups thru it and it sounds great. It sounds great. The balance of lows, mids, and highs is perfect. And it can be adjusted. The three band EQ effects the sound a lot. It does tend to get noisy at high volumes with the post and pre gain turned up. But this can be solved by turning the pre up, and the post down, or the opposite. Otherwise very quiet. The clean channel is almost never distorted even when cranked. Depending on which preset you use. Some are meant to break up at higher volumes. The Dist. Is very brootal. Haha. It can give you a deathmetal pinch, or a jimmy page solo sound. This amp has every sound you could possibly think of. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can definitely depend on this amp. I can let it fall down stairs and still use it. I have used it live all though I either used a cab or miked it. It has never broken down. // 10

Overall Impression: My main style right now is Hardcore/Metalcore and it matches perfectly. I have been playing for 4 years now. I didn't buy this amp. My lead singer gave it to me to use since at the time all I had to use was a cube 20x. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely get another. In a heartbeat. I love the sound and volume it can achieve. I hate how much it weighs but it's worth it. My favorite feature is the ALIEN preset. It sounds SO F--KING COOL. No I didn't. Didn't hav a chance. Great amp. Everyone should have one. // 10

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Vypyr 15 7.9 Guitar Amplifiers 03/05/2014