Valve King 412 Cabinet Review

8.8
 8.1
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Valve King 412 Cabinet Reviewed by: JSX, on april 24, 2009

Features: Hello, thanks for opening this review. I hope this will give you the information you need about this cabinet. I really think this is a great amp for it's price and one of the best in that around $400 range. It's great if you don't feel like spending $900 dollars on just a cab. Personally I don't think those are anywhere near worth $500 dollars more than this. This has been compared to some amazing cabinets. By the way I am running a Peavey JSX 120 watt amp head through this. Ill start of with the versatility. I am currently playing styles of music from raggae to death metal and it works great on each style of music. This amp has been compared to a Mesa cab which are mainly meant for hard rock metal type music, and it has also been compared to a Fender almost jazzy type tone. So it is very versatile. The speakers are rear mounted which is good. You can lie it on it's back without the speakers getting ruined according to the guys down at guitar center. The grill cover thing looks very classic which I really like about it. The top half is slanted. I use this cab in a christian rock band, as well as a metal band with a few of my friends. This thing is very powerfull. It has 400 Watts of continuous power handling. Very loud! // 9

Sound: I am using a Gibson Lespaul Studi with some stock Gibson pickups on it. My guitar and this amp put together greatly suit's all my styles of music (Raggae, classic Rock, Metal, Jazz). It works best in a large room because it gives it a way more full tone than it would in a small room. It still sounds ok in a small room though. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The Valve King 412 cab is very reliable. It is also very tough. You might want to take a backup on a gig. You always wanna be conservative and safe. It has never had any problems for me. Although one time it started making some crazy clicking noise that I still have no clue what it was. But other than that is has not really caused any problems. I'm pretty sure you wont be able to blow out the speakers unless you are really pushing the volume to the max. // 9

Overall Impression: Again this Cabinet is highly recomended for people who want a quality amp that isn't in the super high price range. Don't forget it has been compared to those in the high price range. There is nothing I have ever regreted about buying it. There is one down side to buing Peavey product though. If you insure it, it will only cover for use in the home. So if you are using on a gig or somewhere away from home they will not pay to replace it. If this were stolen from I would still probably get this amp because after trying all the ones I did at guitar center this was the best for the price by far. Nothing more I need to say, it's great! // 9

More Peavey reviews rating category latest review
+ Envoy 110 8.7 Guitar Amplifiers 11/10/2014