RG75 Review

manufacturer: Randall date: 03/25/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Randall: RG75
Two channel; Clean & Gain 1 (vintage)/Gain 2 (modern); Two 3 band EQ, Contour on Gain 2; Reverb; Line Out; 75W Power.
 8.9
reviews (2) 10 comments vote for this gear:
RG75 Reviewed by: Travis^Co, on september 13, 2003

Features: This amp comes with 1 clean and 2 gain channels. One channel being more modern overdrive while the other is a vintage. THE OVERDRIVE IS PURE AWESOME! The clean channel is also great. It comes with a Reverb knob as well. Reverb can be a little sketchy, but its decent. Contour Knob for 2nd gain to modify your sound a bit. 12 inch speaker, footswitch included! feature are pretty cool. But still could use chorus. // 8

Sound: The sound is pure awesome. Im using a single coil pick up and you'd think I was using humbuckers. The amp is great for playing metal, punk. The clean channel is really great. But what makes this amp better then the rest is the overdrive. Its loud enough for small gigs, but if you were doing an outdoor big gig u might want to hook it up to a p.a system or a cab. For an inexpensive amp you get your money worth. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It's still standing. Not broken, still great sound. If you drop the amp it probably wouldnt break but might leave a hole in the ground. // 10

Overall Impression: I mostly play punk, ska, and metal music. It's great for what i play it for. If it is stolen or lost I will most likely get another Randall, but maybe a half stack instead. But I take nothing away from this amp (except no chorus on it) Its really overall a great amp and I recommend it to any non professional band! // 8

RG75 Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 25, 2006

Purchased from: Bavas Music

Features: Amp is pretty versatile but I wouldn't use it for any classic rock or blues really its made more for hard rock and metal. Clean channel is nice overdrive channel is hardcore, lots of bass for metal palm muting and like the other dude said the overdrive is seriously awesome. Reverb is nice on clean and makes your solo's sing on overdrive. I use it for practice at home but I'd use it to perform a small gig its so mad. There's a vintage overdrive for less gain supposedly for classic rock but I don't find myself using it a lot. // 8

Sound: Using an ESP M-50 and though the guitar isnt really that great, the setup sounds pretty hardcore especially for metal. It can pull off punk with some adjusting of settings but mainly this things made for metal and it does a pretty damn good job of it. Only one problem I could think of is that theres a hell lot of bass (not just because of the 70% closed back) some people like it I personally find it kind of annoying when even at low volumes it's going through the house. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've owned it for over a year and I've never had any problems with it so yeah it's pretty reliable, I'd perform with it without a backup providing that its a small gig, remember its 75W but can sound shitty at real high volumes. // 10

Overall Impression: For metal this is a perfect match for me, if it was stolen I would buy it again because it's definately the best in its price range, but if I could I would save up a little more and go for a tube amp because they last forever. I compared it to the Marshall MG100DFX and I gotta admit it was pretty crappy especially for its price 850 dollars, lots of features but crappy overdrive, pretty crappy effects and thats about it. Summing it all up if your looking for a cheap good quality amp with a lot of power then the Randall RG75 is definately something you should try out for yourself. // 8

More Randall reviews rating category latest review
+ RD20H 9.2 Guitar Amplifiers 07/16/2014