RH100G2 Review

manufacturer: Randall date: 11/18/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Randall: RH100G2
Equipped with updated front panel features and foot switching controls, this head delivers the bone-crushing Randall tone with improved flexibility.
 9.2
 8.5
 9.8
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
RH100G2 Reviewed by: Prepare To Burn, on november 18, 2006

Features: This amp is incredible for all types of heavy music, though I certainly would not recommend it for lighter music. This amp suits anything like metal, hardcore, metalcore, death metal, grind, thrash and prog metal (the lead tone is pretty awsome) Anything that's heavy. It has a clean channel with optional pedal boost and overdrive channel with two gain selects, and pedal operated reverb on both channels. As great as this amp is, this is my warning to you, this amp is not versitile, it's a bitch to get around like any stack, and you will need a noise gate for it (I can recommend a Boss NS-2). This amp has an insane amount of power, giging large venues isn't the slightest of problems for this amp, but probably it's not for bedroom use. // 7

Sound: I use this amp through a Jackson with Duncans, an ESP Eclipse-400 with EMG's, and an ESP MH-1000 with EMG's. The Gain is insane at high volumes, and the clean goes pretty soft if you have the right pickups (which I don't). The quiet volume isn't as heavy as the loud volume, but still sounds great none the less. The clean sound can handle some really high volumes with ease. The contour feature is amazing and quite rare on modern amps, it allows you to play older stuff like Iron Maiden, Manowar, Slayer and such. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had a problem with it yet after about six months, giging and travelling. It's even survived a minor car crash. It is a very low maintanance amp, you wont need to have it repaired once. You wont need a back up amp at shows (I have a power amp there anyway just incase, though I sure as hell don't need it). This amp is solid state so replacment tubes are not neccisary (though you can by some if you really want). This amp does mark easily, but you can remove them with rubbing alchohol and not furniture polish! // 9

Overall Impression: This amps great, I recommend to any makers of heavy music. I would buy it again if it were stolen or lost or something. I've been playing for about 8 years, metalcore for about four. And this is by far the best value amp I have ever owned. I owned a Krank Revolution at one point but I had to sell and bought this one instead and it sounds better anyway. Anyway I can recommend this amp with a lot of confidence. // 9

More Randall reviews rating category latest review
+ RD20H 9.2 Guitar Amplifiers 07/16/2014