RM50H Review

8.8
 7.5
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
RM50H Reviewed by: SargentCrunch, on september 19, 2012

Purchased from: Funky Munky Music (eBay)

Features: I am not sure the year of this amp but I believe its a newer one, the head shell is different from others I have seen. The amp is very very versatile. It uses a modular preamp system, so you choose which tones you want. I wish I had gotten the RM100, or the RM4 for more channels. The amp has plenty of power, I use it in my room but I plan on gigging it out. The amp is 50 watts all tube. // 10

Sound: I am using an EBMM Axis with two DiMarzio humbuckers. It fits my music style perfectly because of the modular design. It will fit anyones play style. From blues to metal and everything in between there's a module for it. It isn't noise unless I really crank the gain. The amp has tons of variety, there are modders who make modules designed around certain pre amps, so you can get any sound you want. The clean stays clean for me at my volume but if I wanted I could get other clean modules. The distortion can be as brutal as you want, just pick your module. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can depend on it, it is a workhorse amp. The amp has never broken down (knock on wood) The amp is easy to service as well, you can bias the tubes yourself which saves money. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal and hard rock stuff and this amp is the perfect match for me. I have been playing for 3 years, I own a Music Man Axis guitar, a PRS Baritone, a PRS SE Paul Allender, and a Schecter C-1 Plus and they all sound great through this amp. I wish I had bought the RM100 or an RM4 preamp because of the more versatility but this amp is still fantastic. If it was stolen I would hunt the person down, I love this amp. I love everything about it, its very versatile and if I ever don't like a tone I can trade my module to someone for another one and try out different tones, its like having hundreds of amps in one. I didn't even think about other amps, I knew this was the one for me. I wish I had about 40 more modules (haha). // 10

More Randall reviews rating category latest review
+ Diavlo RD40C 9.3 Guitar Amplifiers 08/13/2014