R20 Review

manufacturer: Rocktron date: 11/19/2007 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Rocktron: R20
Featuring AGX technology so there's no noise when you're not playing. This little smoker has 20W of power to drive a single 8" Velocity high definition speaker.
 6.8
 9.5
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
R20 Reviewed by: alecj72450, on november 19, 2007

Features: Not sure what year this was made. As long as you turn it up, your most likely to get a lot of gain. Good with feedback too. I usually play about anything, depending if I like the song. I think it sounds good regardless. Soft or heavy. Has overdrive, headphone jack, and knobs for clean level, treble, bass, mid, and reverb. I never really mess with the knobs though. I use this at home. I have no neighbors, so I play as loud as I want. Small amp but it can get really loud. // 9

Sound: I use a Squier Strat with it. I use distortion. It fits what I play. It's pretty loud when I play in the house, never played outside. it's loud enough when the level is set less than 1/4 of the way up. It goes loud. You can get a lot of feedback, or just get some plain old acoustic out of it. Distortion isnt brutal, but it sounds good for me. You might want to buy some extra stuff for more distortion and effects. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had it for a long time. I would probably use it without a backup. Amp has never broken, even if I left it sitting in a room for about 2 years due to lack of guitar and cord. I think this amp would last a long time, because I had it handed down to me when I started playing. It works really well and I trust it to work all the time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play anything, and this amp works well for me. I've been playing for about 3 years, but didn't get really serious until about a year ago. I would probably buy this again if it broke or was stolen/lost. Favorite feature has to be overdrive. This is a good amp and I was suprised that there was no reviews for it. So I thought I would write one. // 9

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Hush Super C 4.2 Guitar Effects 05/03/2013