R50C Review

manufacturer: Rocktron date: 07/28/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Rocktron: R50C
You purchase the R50C first as a great amp to compliment your developing playing skills. Its headphone output makes it great for practicing at any hour, and it puts out enough volume for most jamming and practice situations. When you?re ready to do some serious recording, you can use the line outputs to capture its great stereo tone.
 8.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
R50C Reviewed by: gibsonlespaul44, on july 28, 2006

Features: I'm not sure what year it was made. I'm guessing a few years ago. The amp is solid state. Its best suited for heavy metal guitarists. It's got a lotta overdrive. When I owned it, I played it through a Cort X-2. Certain adjustments on the guitar made it sound kinda screamy like. If you like that sound I suggest this amp. It's got 2 basic channels for a 50 watt amp. Clean, and overdrive. The clean isn't too good. You have to turn the gain up halfway to get any sound of of the clean channel. The overdrive channel actually blew me away with how much distortion it had. Then there are only 2 effects. Chorus, and reverb. // 7

Sound: The sound is actually kinda good. It's got a good amount of distortion for a 50 watt amp. Sounds even better when you plug it into a cabinet. It does suit my music style, punk, but better for heavy metal players. Theres somethin I gotta say about the chorus effect. I would say that is the best effect on the amp. At certain settings, it sounds alien like, and at others, it sounds like there is an earthquake shaking it to death. Most everything else is good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: You actually can depend on it. its gotten crashed a little bit and it still works. But dont use it for any gigs unless its plugged into a speaker cab (depending on how many people in the audience). // 9

Overall Impression: I play punk music with it, but its better for metal. I've been playing for about 4 years now and I play through a Cort X-2. If this were stolen or got lost, I would probably just by a different amp. The thing I like about the amp was the distortion. pretty good for 50 watts. // 8

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Reaction Hush 7.4 Guitar Effects 07/24/2014