V30D Review

manufacturer: Rocktron date: 04/12/2008 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Rocktron: V30D
30 watts with 1x10 Rocktron Velocity VSG10 Custom Voiced speaker. 2-Channel operation (footswitchable). Distortion selection switch. Seperate Gain andLevel controls in Distrotion mode. Includes footswitchable Digital Delay with controls. Headphone jack. Very high gain distortion. Built-in Chromatic guitar tuner. Lighted Rocktron logo.
 7.2
 9.3
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
V30D Reviewed by: kyle100, on april 12, 2008

Features: This solid state amp was definitely worth the money. With 2 channels (clean, distortion), built in digital delay, bass mid and treble controls, individual clean and distortion volume controls, a headphone jack, and a footswitch to change between channels and turn on and off delay, there isn't much lacking for the price. The only thing I wish was a bit better is the distortion, as it doesn't have quite as much as I'd like sometimes, but with the addition of a distortion pedal there's little for me to complain about. The clean is simply beautiful, and with a bit of delay added to it, it is absolutely gorgeous. The delay consists of only a time and level control, so it's not quite as versatile as a delay stomp box would be, but I have no need to worry about batteries with it and it adds a great sound to anything I play. I use this amp for home practice and jamming, although it can have trouble competing with my drummer:P. I would recommend this amp to anyone looking for an amp with fantastic sound. As an extra feature, the front label lights up as well when the amp is on, so this baby looks and sounds beautiful. // 9

Sound: I use a Squier with this amp (yeah that's right a Squier) and it makes it sound like my friend's Gibson les paul, if not better. This amp is perfect for what I play, which is generally rock, with some metal, blues, classic rock ect. on the side. As said earlier, the distortion can be lacking at times, but I have a metal distortion pedal and a Boss SD-1 to make up for anything the amp misses. Apart from the distortion, it has amazing tone, especially with the delay. The clean channel stays clear until it reaches about 9, then it gets a little crackly. The distortion seems to hold out fine until the volume is turned way up, then it starts to get some feedback, but then again I am using a Squier, so that could be why. I wish this amp was bigger so that I could use it for gigging, but unfortunately it can't get quite loud enough. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had this amp for about 4 months now and it hasn't broken down on me yet. The build seems quite sturdy and I sit on it sometimes while jamming and I haven't broken though it. The only damage done so far is I accidentally stepped on the side of it with my shoes on and scraped off a little bit of the "skin", but other than that it's great. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression is this is a fantastic amp for the price I paid, and I'm glad I chose this over some of the other amps I tried out. Fantastic look. Fantastic tone. Fantastic amp. that's about all I can say about it, and I sure as hell would buy another one if anything ever happened to it (providing I can find another one that is). I can guarantee that you won't be let down by this amp unless you want some "br00tal distortion", in which case you should look for something else. // 9

More Rocktron reviews rating category latest review
+ Reaction Hush 7.4 Guitar Effects 07/24/2014