GS-100R Review

manufacturer: Rogue date: 07/14/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Rogue: GS-100R
100W of solid state power; 2-12" speakers; Reverb and presence knobs; 3-band EQ; 2 channels with footswitch, gain, and volume controls; Headphone out; Effects loop; Speaker out.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.3
 Features: 8.7
 7.7
 8.8
 6.6
reviews (3) 12 comments vote for this gear:
GS-100R Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2003

Features: 2 channels (clean, and overdrive), reverb, 2 12" speakers and 100 watt amp, if your really interested read the specs at musicians friend. // 10

Sound: It sounds great. I'm using a Squier Strat with 2 single voice coils and a humbucker, and the Rogue makes it sound like a champ. The amp has almost no buzz (you have to get right down by it to hear it). It has plenty of power for most settings that I play in (mostly school gyms). It is nice and clean sounding, but the overdrive adds a nice distorted sound, but I mostly use my distortion petal. The amp can handle blues style solos, as well as just about anything else you can throw at it. In other words, for the price, there probably isn't a better sounding amp. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would hand my life to it, its that dependable. I haven't had any problems, nor has anyone else that I know had any problems. It did have a bit of a rattle, but that was soon tightened up with a screwdriver. // 10

Overall Impression: I think it is great. My other choice was a basically an identical Ibanez. Price: 400. I decided to go with the Rogue, because it was half the price of the Ibanez. It matches pretty much everthing I play (punk, rock, alternative, country, blues). I love the amount of power and speakers for the price. I truely would buy another one if stolen or lost (kind of hard to lose an amp this big, though). I would recommend this to just about anyone, as It can handle a reasonable stage (no Woodstock settings :). It handles the areas I play in with execellence. // 10

GS-100R Reviewed by: Super_Rad17, on june 12, 2004

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

Features: I love this amp. Its super durable. There is a small rattle when I put it down that makes me a bit nervous, but nothing has broken yet. I play a lot of punk and metal style music, and with a pedal, this beast screams. It has both clean and overdrive with the button switch. It also has effects loops and a headphone jack, but I never use those. It does not come with a footswitch, though there is a jack for it. I use it for practice in my friend's garage/basement and also for performance, and it handles superbly. For the price, it is great. // 10

Sound: I play with both a Fender Fat Strat and an Ibanez RX270, and the amp delivers wonderfully. I don't like the handling of the volume, because it starts off quiet and once you pass maybe 3, it jumps exponentially. The overdrive channel sucks, but on clean with a distortion pedal, it is just great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have depended on this amp for about half a year now, and it hasn't let me down. I would use it on a gig without a backup because it is trustworthy enough. It hasn't broken down, but that rattle still puts me on edge. // 10

Overall Impression: For punk or metal, or pretty much anything, this amp will blow you away. The price is extremely reasonable for a 2x12 combo. If it were stolen, I would probably upgrade to a Marshall because I got this for the price. I wish it had more features like an included footswitch or better distortion, but it performs as well as I need. For a first combo, this is a great buy. // 10

GS-100R Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 14, 2005

Features: This amp can get preety loud. The clean channel and overdrive have alot bass sound which can be nice for music like the blues. But for heavy stuff like harcore punk and metal you should buy a pedal. MT-Metal Zone (Boss) makes this amp amazing and packs a punch. The reverb doesn't really do anything to the sound. And the headphones don't work. Well mine didn't when I got it still doesnt but it doesn't really matter. // 6

Sound: The amp works fine for the music I play (punk, rock, '80s metal, blues). The amp can get very loud (but even louder with a pedal) it seems like 1, 2 don't really have much noise but there is a huge jump in noise when the volume is on 3. The clean channel is fine but the overdrive you cant do much with it. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This is a realiable amp. I have never had a problem with this amp, But it does make a raddle if you set it down to hard but that easily fixed. I would play it at a gig with out a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: When I first got this amp I thought I was getting a really good deal. When I started jamming with it with friends the overdrive couldn't keep up and I was disappointed so I bought a Metal Zone and now it really delivers! I play lots of harcore punk, metal, and some other styles and with the effects they give you they dont give you much to work with but the amp is awesome when you buy effects. I've been playing for a few years. If it were stolen I would be pissed but I wouldnt buy the same amp. I would probaly upgrade to something bigger. I wish I did more research on this product before I bought it because I was expecting more but my option changed after a few years experience and after I bought better distortion. I love how loud it can get but I hate the overdrive. Overall its a good amp for the money and it will servive you well for a few years. // 8

More Rogue reviews rating category latest review
+ Analog Chorus 7.3 Guitar Effects 02/03/2014