Cube Street Review

manufacturer: Roland date: 03/03/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Roland: Cube Street
This is a great amp for practicing and playing on the go. It features 2 speakers and a multiple different amplifier settings ranging from a warm clean sound to a thick metal tone.
 8.3
 8.5
review (1) pictures (6) 7 comments vote for this gear:
Cube Street Reviewed by: DesertMetal, on march 03, 2011

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: This amp is incredible. It features 2 speakers and a multiple different amplifier settings ranging from a warm clean sound to a thick metal tone. There is a guitar input, an XLR, an AUX input and a phone input. inch input so theoretically you could have a mic, guitar, and an ipod connected. The greatest thing about this amplifier is that it can run on 6 AA batteries and it will last quite a while (approximately 8 hours running) This amplifier has enough volume for almost any situation other than a live gig involving drums. // 9

Sound: I play mainly Metal music but I also enjoy alternative rock with clean tones. I have played it with my Dean Dixie Rebel and an Aria Mac Series which I put EMG ZWs into. It sounded great on both of them. The variety of tones is incredible anything from brutal distortion to a mild crunch to a pure clean sound. For such a small amp, it has incredible tone. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't really use this in a gig unless I was playing on my own. The input jack somehow fell inside of the amplifier so I had to take it apart and fix it. It's still a little bit unstable. Also when I opened it up I accidentally messed up the connection to the batteries but once I fixed all of these things it has worked fine. As long as you don't do stupid things like I did, the amp should last quite a while. // 7

Overall Impression: This is a great amp for practicing and playing on the go. I have been playing guitar for 7 years and I usually just hook up my Line 6 PODXT Live to computer speakers but it was nice to have a portable amplifier with great tone. If I broke it or lost it, I would probably buy another one. At the time that I bought it, there were no other amps like this, and I haven't seen anything that compares yet. // 8

More Roland reviews rating category latest review
+ Cube 15XL 7.4 Guitar Amplifiers 07/17/2014