AG-15R Review

manufacturer: Samick date: 12/23/2005 category: Guitar Amplifiers
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
AG-15R Reviewed by: Slayer224, on december 23, 2005

Features: Not much to expect from this amp. It's not very versatile. The reverb ain't even great and well it's just a 15 watt amp. - 15 watt solid state amp - 2 channels (clean and overdrive) - Built in reverb - 8 inch speaker - 3 input( high, low, mic) - 3 band eq (treble, middle, bass) - EFX loop, headphone jack. // 5

Sound: I am using this amp with a crappy sonic guitar. The sound of this amp is horrible. The clean channel sounds so weak and bland and it distorts even at low volumes and it's always got a constant annoying buzz. The distortion on this amp (if you can call it distortion it, just sounds like a whole lot of static) sucks. That's all I can say and its noisy as hell even at the volume on one. This amp is not suited for any type of music, I only use it to amplify the sound of my guitar and I use my multi effects pedal to get better cleans and distortion. This amp is not very loud either. // 2

Reliability & Durability: Well it's solid state so it should last a while and it probably won't break down 'till a long time. I wouldn't use this at a gig 'cause it's so crappy and it won't be loud enough. Everyone will laugh at my pitiful excuse of an amp. But I can depend on it to use it at home. // 6

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal (think Metallica, Hammerfall, Pantera, Slayer etc) and this amp is definately not suited for it. It won't suit any type of music like I said. I hate everything about this amp. The sound, the distortion, the reverb, the volume, everything. It wasn't my choice to buy this amp since my dad bought it for me for my birthday and I wish he hadn't. If it were lost or stolen I think I would be rather happy since then my parents will probably let me buy a new better amp but until then I'll have to make do with this peice of junk. // 3

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ Avion AV3 8.5 Electric Guitars 05/02/2013