SGA20 Review

manufacturer: Samick date: 03/09/2011 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Samick: SGA20
It can hold enough with rock music with low distortion levels, and it has an average clean tone, but that's it.
 2.4
 4.8
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
SGA20 Reviewed by: Vampire96, on march 09, 2011

Purchased from: Lazer Music

Features: Ok I have this Samick amp which I bought dring '09 with another Samick guitar, its the SGA20 (20 Watts) amp. It does not say when it was made but its made in China. My style of play is from rock & metal, and this amp did not deliver on metal. Because of it can't produce heavy sounding distortion well enough for me. It only has one channel for each; a guitar chord, headphones, and a CD out. // 4

Sound: I have a few guitars but I only use the Samick Interceptor and it has a duncan designed pickups. But for a clean tone practice amp, its average its good at best. But when you use its overdrive effect, its performed poorly. Its scattered sounding bass is too much for me, even if that setting is just a 6 on the gain with the overdrive on. That's why I don't recommend using a distortion pedal for this. But I tried using a multi-effects that has both chorus & reverb, I think it fits well instead of the overdrive feature it has. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I only had it for a few (3) years with almost minimal usage, so the amp never broke down. And because of the way its distorted sound sounds like, I won't use it in a gig, due of my style of play and sound preferences. I do not recommend using it in one unless you plan to use it on "clean tones" only. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, it can hold enough with rock music with low distortion levels, and it has an average clean tone, but that's it. My main gear is an 80W Marshall amp an LTD M100-FM and a Dean: Vendetta, and a few more like pedals that are listed in my profile. I have been playing more than that on junior "trash" gears for almost a decade. My only reason in buying this amp is to have a practice amp in which it does very well, being in its small enough size that I could bring to anywhere I want, and not fear of losing it since its cheap enough to get another one. Tho I wish it has a lighter distortion *and-or* a reverb or chorus since it fits the amp well on clean tones. // 5

More Samick reviews rating category latest review
+ JTR Linda LN30 9 Electric Guitars 08/28/2014