Hot Rod 100 Plus Review

manufacturer: Soldano date: 03/05/2014 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Soldano: Hot Rod 100 Plus
I been playing for 23 years and was a Marshall and Mesa guy but was never satisfied I was always searching, when I tried this I was floored, blown away!
 9.5
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Hot Rod 100 Plus Reviewed by: keiffer76, on march 05, 2014

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: Picked up a 2007 Snakeskin HR 100+, thought it was a good deal and I have been on the tone search so I jumped on it, well this nailed it for me. I was using modded JMP's and JCM's and had a few mesa dual recs, it has 2 channels, channel 1 for cleans and channel 2 for the dirty, its built like a tank and the work in the chassis is flawless. Has an fx loop but it wasn't for me, it didn't like pedals, the loop is great for high end rack gear which I don't use, but not for pedals, I use a few pedals and just go in the front and it works perfect for what I do.

Aside from the tone, the thing that I love about Soldano is that if you have any questions you can call Soldano and mike usually answers the phone and he's a great guy and will answer any questions and make you feel like your part of the family, hands down the best customer service in the guitar world. // 10

Sound: I am a rythem player, not really a lead guy, I play Les Paul Standards and American Deluxe Teles and both these sound great with this amp with 4x12s and 2x12s. I play everything from modern rock to metal to classic rock to blues to country to modern country. I can say for what I do this amp does it all and sounds amazing, great blues tones and any kind of rock tones you can think of this will do it, and do it loud but also sounds good at lower levels for playing at home... I found that it sounds best to my ears with greenbacks, sounds great with V-30s also but those are the only 2 kinds of speakers I own so that's what I had to work with. As for the clean channel its not real clean but it can get ya by for sure if you use your guitar controls, I use a fender for those country cleans so its not a huge deal for me, I have channel 1 set up for classic rock kinda bluesy tone and that modern country rock tone and channel 2 set up for the grittier stuff and sounds sweet! My amp is silent, but when its ripping it has great lows and mids and nice bright highs but not harsh, you can hear everything your picking and feel it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank, a lil heavy but what tube head ain't, all the components are heavey duty and beefy, it was great to see something with this build quality, I was impressed, very clean work and good stuff used to build it. It can take the touring and gigging life for sure! Mine is on the road a lot so it travels in a roadcase, it has a nice rubber coated steel handle and heavier duty cab corners, steel grill front and back so she's pretty durable. It's very reliable, I don't have a back up for this amp nor do I need one, I keep back up tubes and that's it and I've never had to change them. // 10

Overall Impression: I been playing for 23 years and was a Marshall and Mesa guy but was never satisfied I was always searching, when I tried this I was floored, blown away! It has the same circuit as the slo and its so versatile was exactly what I been searching for and sounded better than anything I ever owned and with the settings I could dial in whatever I wanted for the night. If this amp got stolen I would find another asap. Hope this helps, first time I have done a review so if I missed anything I apologize. Thanks for reading. // 10

More Soldano reviews rating category latest review
+ Supercharger GTO 5.8 Guitar Effects 06/07/2012