40 GA DSP Review

manufacturer: Stagg date: 10/13/2010 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Stagg: 40 GA DSP
What's unique about this guitar is its 16 DSP (Digital Sound Processing) FX, which are: 4x Delay, 4x Reverb+chorus, 2x Flanger and 2x Reverb and Delay.
 7.9
 8.5
 7.3
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
40 GA DSP Reviewed by: ThatSmallPerson, on october 13, 2010

Price paid: £ 89.99

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

Features: This amp, to be honest, is amazing quality for the money I paid for it, I looked around for ages trying to find a 40w amp for little money, then I found this - brand new! 40Watts of amazing sound, for just 89.99! It got's the standard Clean and overdrive channels. What's unique about this guitar is its 16 DSP (Digital Sound Processing) FX, which are:4x Delay, 4x Reverb+chorus, 2x Flanger and 2x Reverb and Delay. EQ wise its got Treble, Middle, Bass and Parametric Mid. This amp also includes a CD/MP3 input and a Headphones output. // 9

Sound: Considering I'm using this amp with a cheap Squier Strat, it's still sounds pretty immence! I play alot of Punk, and indie, and they both sound excellent when you understand the right settings required, I also play abit of old school rock, and compared to my previous 10w Fender frontman, you can get some pretty amazing tunes outta this piece of equipment! The built in FX can add a pretty awesome edge to any piece of music! The distortion on this guitar is also very good, however you can't get a brutal thrash-metal kinda tone out of this amp, but the Drive is still pretty good. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable, I would gig without a backup with this amo. It is very strongly built, and it would take some serious damage to put an end to this guitars life. I am in a band, and at first I was abit cautious whether this was going to buy powerful enough to be herd over our drummer pounding the skins, and sure enough it worked absolutely fine! // 9

Overall Impression: I think this guitar suits for close to everykinda genre of music. If it makes my cheap Squier sound epic, then I would love to hear some of the sound coming out of it, when plugged into a decent guitar. If this was stolen/lost because of its quality for money, I would definitely consider buying this guitar again, and then I'd hunt down the biatch who stole it in the first place xD My favourite feature has to be the DSP FX, purely because it gives this amp a distinctive edge! If your a novice-intermediete player, I would recommend this quitar. Have fun playing. Peace-Out! // 9

More Stagg reviews rating category latest review
+ S301 5.6 Electric Guitars 10/06/2014