Cube 20 Review

manufacturer: Stranger date: 09/21/2012 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Stranger: Cube 20
The most compact light weight amplifier with 8" sual cone speaker to satisfy beginners to professionals. Single channel input with head phone facility for practice.
 Features: 7.3
 6.7
 7.2
 6.1
reviews (3) pictures (2) 14 comments vote for this gear:
Cube 20 Reviewed by: lithium17z, on september 21, 2012

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: I'm not sure about the manufacturing year of the amp. But this amp is cheap reliable suits with any genre you play. My style playing is shredding, solos & rhythms chords. Single channel for 1.guitar, 2.keyboard & 2.mic. It doesn't have any effects loop or switching channels, but it has the knob for controlling, volume, mid, bass, treble, and separate volume and tone for mic control. Headphone & pre-out jacks are available. It is a stereo amp. // 6

Sound: I'm using Jackson Dinky with humbucker pickup. It suits with style I play which is metal, hard rock, pop, & country. In rainy day and high humidity it creates some sort of humming noise. When I give 100% to all the knobs it becomes so noisy. This Amp Can only give clean sound. So it is necessary to buy fx pedals or processors. The distortion occurs in max volume. The distortion is very annoying. // 4

Reliability & Durability: It's is hard to depend on this amp. This amp is so embarrassing, sometimes I want it to smash it on the wall. It gets very noisy sometimes. It's only for the beginners. Although it never broke down So far. I bought this amp with my first Yamaha guitar, that time I wasn't aware of anything about instruments or amps. // 5

Overall Impression: I play hard rock, metal, pop & country, this only give a clean so it matches with the style I play. I've been playing for 4 years. I own Casio WK3800 keyboard, Jackson Dinky JS22R guitar, Zoom G3 processor. I should asked about this noise it makes and sometime it receives a radio station, which is rather very awkward and unprofessional. If this amp get stolen or lost I would never buy it again. I'll buy Line 6 or Behringer instead. I didn't compared to any other product that time I wasn't aware of any other. I was so desperate to buy one, so blindly I bought one. I wish for this amp to have noise reduction circuitry. // 4

Cube 20 Reviewed by: merabharatmahan, on february 08, 2006

Features: The amp is really good and suits my stlye of playing decently well. It has headphone, pre out, guitar, mic and keyboard jacks. It is good and has a enough power for me and my band. The singer attaches his Mike to my amp with the guitar and it handles both of them really well. I use this amp everywhere from my house to my school. // 9

Sound: I play a GB&A guitar and use all pickup settings for different songs. It suits my music stlye (metal and rock) really well and is good with distortion. It can get noisy (very little) but the noise can be avoided easily. The amp is pretty versatile and can make enough sounds for my use. It doesnt have a inbuilt distortion (which is good that it doesnt) and maintains the distortion sounds pretty well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It is a really dependable and can be used in a gig without a backup. The amp has never broken down and doesnt show signs of breaking. It is pretty reliable and can be used frequently without any hazards. // 9

Overall Impression: It suits my style well and is a really good buy. I have been playing for a year now and a find it good. If it were ever stolen I would buy the same amp with a higher wattage. Overall it is a really good amp for most guitarists, except pro's, and is worth the money. // 9

Cube 20 Reviewed by: aryasridhar, on november 12, 2008

Features: "Features" it's a nice amp for starters and for small rigs and maybe bedroom practise, This has some basic controls, like Bass, Mids and Treble controls, has slots to connect a headphone and also has pre out. I feel it has enough power to fill a 1200 sft room. // 7

Sound: I have seen when the volume knob on my guitar is at 10, the noise (Hiss)suddenly disappears on the Amp, which is wierd... Otherwise the sound is nice and has it's own sweet echo which sounds great for Metallica and POTF kind of songs. I also tried Satch' music and it sounds neat, especially clean sounds and acoustic sounds are great, can't expect too much for this price though // 9

Reliability & Durability: "Reliability & Durability" Haven't got a chance to test that though, Looks Sturdy and has a nice cover at the front and back too, which would not let pests inside... I Guess this is a tough Amp and these days new amps which are transistor based are reliable enough, Unlike TUbe amps which needs care and protection, haven't had a change to check it's toughness though. // 7

Overall Impression: I like to play anything Satriani, Metallica, Tried hendrix tones, POTF etc and I like the Amp overall... Good enough for the price, However I would not stick to this amp when I upgrade, I may go for a Vox or Marshall, I was initially planning for a 15 W Marshall MG15 CDR However as my budget was tight I had to settle for Stranger. // 8

Comments