Trademark 10 Review

manufacturer: Tech 21 date: 10/04/2004 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Tech 21: Trademark 10
The 10-watt output is plenty loud for practice and monitoring but the balanced XLR and 1/4? outputs bring the big tones of this little combo to the studio mixer or PA system.
 8.4
 7.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Trademark 10 Reviewed by: metalhead4344, on october 04, 2004

Features: Brand new amp, bought it from woodwind brasswind. Very good amp for its size, can get very loud considering its only 10 watts. It has an effects loop, headphone jack, 1 input. It has a custom made Tech 21 speaker in it, 8 in. // 8

Sound: I'm using it with my Fender Standard Strat (with Texas Special Pickups) and Jackson DXMG (passive Emgs). It guits my style, mainly thrash and some tehnical death metal, not mindless screaming e. x. Cannibal Corpse. It can be a little noisy on high volumes, but it's only 10 watts so it's to be expected. Tons of distortion for an amp this size, very crunchy, almost tube like (it uses Tech 21's renowned Sansamp tube emulation). It has 3 different amp models Tweed, Brittish, California (Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie). Personally I only use the mesa sound its not that much different from the Marshall setting. My only complaint is that the clean sound is not very good at all, not very bright, very dull sounding. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'd depends on it at home just for practicing, but to play with other people its way too small. I really don't beat up my stuff anyway. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a little over a year, and it was a good start. Harmonics reallly jump out, although it does get muddy. Compared to others its size (reluctant to say price range now it's 250 brand new) it's far better. It doesn't have the volume or clarity I want, and may replace it later. Maybe with a Trademark 120 if I like its sound. // 10

More Tech 21 reviews rating category latest review