TV405 Review

manufacturer: TellyTone date: 02/28/2013 category: Guitar Amplifiers
TellyTone: TV405
It looks like a 1970s TV set! Nothing touches it for looks and most amps won't get near the sound for double the money.
 9.8
 9.5
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
TV405 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 28, 2013

Purchased from: tellytone

Features: 2012. I play jazz and blues mostly, and do quite a bit of session recording, this amp is built for recording the last engineer was at monochrome he went wild about it. It's only got one channel but really delivers such a dynamic sound, I thought I wanted loads of features but this amp gave me loads of true British sound its so gutsy but not overwhelming. It's only 30 watts, but right on the money sound I can't see how many tubes there are inside it looks like 6 but the main feature I must leave till last. It looks like a 1970s TV set! I just ordered the optional legs today! // 10

Sound: I love it with my Tele, on the bridge p/u awesome pure British tone yest when you turn down the Drive its the cleanest I have ever heard if I use it with my 3 pickup Strat on the HOT setting you have to back off the distortion to get to that sound otherwise its perfect my mate put his electro acoustic in it really delivered a chunky sound without feedback there was no dipping out at high volumes either. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had mine about 2 months and its right there right now right on dead reliable and built like a tank but saying that it ain't built for the road its built for recording and the lounge... More like the drawing room. // 10

Overall Impression: Nothing touches it for looks and most amps won't get near the sound for double the money. I think they are hand built whatever they do they do it very well, I would steal one if you can't afford to buy it. // 9

Comments