TTM30 Review

manufacturer: Traynor date: 10/05/2006 category: Guitar Amplifiers
Traynor: TTM30
The Tube Mate 30 adds a new dimension to the sound of the International Series. The best of all worlds are represented with a crisp clean tone, smooth and solid edge to the distortion tone, and a full and loud overdrive tone.
 8.3
 3.7
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
TTM30 Reviewed by: FatMatt420, on october 05, 2006

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Features: Recently made I believe. It's a tube amp, yes, but I have no problems with it. Excellent amp in my tastes. High and low input jacks so if you want this thing to pound. I'd suggest high. Got a gain knob for the overdrive channel. Standard volume knob. 3 band EQ. Presence + reverb knobs. Input for reverb pedal on back. For the price, I'd almost say this amp is a steal. // 8

Sound: Sounds fine. Tested with many different guitars. My best bet is bring in your guitar before purchasing and try it with all the different settings. Get what you want. This thing is noisy! Loud as hell. If you still live with your parents, I'd suggest staying under volume 5 when you have the overdrive on. It's that loud. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Depend on this? OF course! Would I use it on a gig without a backup? You should always have a backup! I've had the amp for about half a year and nothing has changed, all in all it sounds good (tone knob on guitar is broken though, so I haven't tested all possibilities). Open back body for easy repair/cleaning (or stashing contraband if you really need a good spot). // 8

Overall Impression: I play anything from Ben Harper and Yellowcard allll the way to Audioslave and Metallica. This amp does it all for me. I've been playing for about a year and a half and if this thing was stolen I'd get another one. At $255 how could you go wrong? The thing I most love about this amp is how loud it goes. Music isnt music until you hear it! // 9

More Traynor reviews rating category latest review
+ YCS100H 9.2 Guitar Amplifiers 08/19/2013